Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 995377 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2011, 08:05:56 PM »
I certainly don't see them... Maybe once every year or so you might get a "good cop" story.

Cops don't protect shit... They don't stop crime... They just report on it.

I ask everyone who reads this to be honest with themselves and tell me a time when a cop actually HELPED you... I haven't got a SINGLE story and I'm 36 years old.

You guys?

When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2011, 09:19:16 PM »
You can find weekly stories about good cops too. 

???

Do they want a cookie for doing their job correctly?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2011, 09:36:45 PM »
I certainly don't see them... Maybe once every year or so you might get a "good cop" story.

Cops don't protect shit... They don't stop crime... They just report on it.

I ask everyone who reads this to be honest with themselves and tell me a time when a cop actually HELPED you... I haven't got a SINGLE story and I'm 36 years old.

You guys?

Really?  You live in an awfully small world tu. 

I've had great experiences with law enforcement.  My kids loved the DARE program at their school.  They have been guest speakers in numerous college classes.  I know of numerous examples of cops investigating and arresting criminals.  They helped protect my car when I had a flat tire.

They risk their lives to protect the public. 

Are there bad ones?  Of course.  Every profession has its bad apples.  But there are tons of great people who work in law enforcement. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2011, 09:37:19 PM »

???

Do they want a cookie for doing their job correctly?

I don't know.  Ask them. 

roccoginge

« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2011, 02:25:36 AM »
Dupnik won't release more info about SWAT shooting of Tucson man
Arizona Daily Star ^ | May 17, 2011 | Fernanda Echavarri
Posted on May 17, 2011 10:17:28 PM EDT by george76

The Pima County Sheriff’s Department will release no more information about the circumstances surrounding the killing of Jose Guerena during the serving of a search warrant by the department’s SWAT officers May 5 at his home.

Two weeks after the shooting the department has yet to disclose exactly what they were searching for in the Guerena home ...

On May 5, five members of the SWAT team fired 71 shots at Guerena while serving a search warrant at the 7100 block of South Redwater Drive. He was shot 60 times.

The 26-year-old former Marine was sleeping at about 9:30 a.m. after working the graveyard shift at Asarco’s Mission Mine when his wife woke him saying she heard noises outside and saw a man was at their window.

(Excerpt) Read more at azstarnet.com ...

I just watched this on the local news here.  I have a dfeeling the cops are going to loose on this one.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2011, 03:27:16 AM »
BB - 99 percent of the ones I grew up w either were or later become thugs and power crazed psychos doing real bad stuff. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2011, 06:58:10 AM »
Indiana Supreme Court rules Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful entry of homes by police
Hotair ^ | 05/16/2011 | Bruce McQuain

________________________ ________________________ _________-

No, you read it right. That’s what the Indiana Supreme Court decided in what would be a laughable finding if it wasn’t so serious:

Overturning a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes.

The author of the story reporting this is right – somehow the ISC managed, in one fell swoop, to overturn almost 900 years of precedent, going back to the Magna Carta.

In a 3-2 decision, Justice Steven David writing for the court said if a police officer wants to enter a home for any reason or no reason at all, a homeowner cannot do anything to block the officer’s entry. [emphasis mine]

Or said another way, your home is no longer your castle.

Remember the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution?

“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

Bzzzzzt.

Wrong – in Indiana

“We believe … a right to resist an unlawful police entry into a home is against public policy and is incompatible with modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence,” David said. “We also find that allowing resistance unnecessarily escalates the level of violence and therefore the risk of injuries to all parties involved without preventing the arrest.”

David said a person arrested following an unlawful entry by police still can be released on bail and has plenty of opportunities to protest the illegal entry through the court system.

One has to wonder what part of “unlawful” Justice David doesn’t get. What part of the right of the people to “be secure… shall not be violated” wasn’t taught to him in law school.

How secure is anyone in their “persons, houses, papers and effects” if, per David, a police officer can waltz into any home he wants to “for any reason or no reason at all?”

The given reason by the Justice is resistance is “against public policy?” What policy is that? For whatever reason, most believe our public policy as regards our homes is set by the 4th amendment to the US Constitution. Since when does Indiana’s “public policy” abrogate the Constitutional right to be “secure in our persons, houses, papers and effects”?

Additionally, most would assume it is the job of the police not to “escalate the level of violence”, not the homeowner. Like maybe a polite knock on a door to attempt an arrest instead of a battering ram and the violent entry of a full SWAT team to arrest a suspected perpetrator of a non-violent crime. Maybe a little pre-raid intelligence gathering, or snagging the alleged perp when he leaves the house to go to work, or walk the dog, or go to the store.

Now citizens in Indiana are to give up their 4th Amendment rights because it might “elevate the violence” if they attempt to protect themselves from unlawful activity? Sounds like the “don’t resist rape” nonsense that was once so popular.

And check out this “analysis”:

Professor Ivan Bodensteiner, of Valparaiso University School of Law, said the court’s decision is consistent with the idea of preventing violence.

“It’s not surprising that they would say there’s no right to beat the hell out of the officer,” Bodensteiner said. “(The court is saying) we would rather opt on the side of saying if the police act wrongfully in entering your house your remedy is under law, to bring a civil action against the officer.”

So we’ll just throw out your 4th amendment right to satisfy the court’s desire to “prevent violence,” is that it?

One hopes the decision is destroyed on appeal and if the Justices are in an elected office they become very “insecure” in their probability of staying there.

The two dissenting Justices got it mostly right:

Justice Robert Rucker, a Gary native, and Justice Brent Dickson, a Hobart native, dissented from the ruling, saying the court’s decision runs afoul of the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

“In my view the majority sweeps with far too broad a brush by essentially telling Indiana citizens that government agents may now enter their homes illegally — that is, without the necessity of a warrant, consent or exigent circumstances,” Rucker said. “I disagree.”

Rucker and Dickson suggested if the court had limited its permission for police entry to domestic violence situations they would have supported the ruling.

But Dickson said, “The wholesale abrogation of the historic right of a person to reasonably resist unlawful police entry into his dwelling is unwarranted and unnecessarily broad.”

I say mostly right because they indicated that in the case of domestic violence, they too were willing to throw the 4th amendment under the bus.

How does one say “it runs afoul of the Fourth Amendment” and then later agree to a partial abrogation of the 4th under certain circumstances? What part of “shall not be violated” don’t they understand? It doesn’t say “shall not be violated except in case of domestic violence” does it?

Oh, and just to point out that this likely isn’t an outlier for this crew:

This is the second major Indiana Supreme Court ruling this week involving police entry into a home.

On Tuesday, the court said police serving a warrant may enter a home without knocking if officers decide circumstances justify it. Prior to that ruling, police serving a warrant would have to obtain a judge’s permission to enter without knocking.

Because, you know, it would be just asking too much to have the police actually justify a no-knock entrance to a judge, wouldn’t it?

Amazing.

And you wonder why you have to constantly protect your rights daily from attacks within?

This is why.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2011, 11:31:02 AM »
Wait... You are saying that cops protect people? Who? They protected your CAR? That's what you have?

You think speaking at schools is "helping" people?  Your view of how people are "helped" is what's small.

So you are saying that talking to kids and doing lectures and protecting your car in the event of a flat tire is helping people?

Hahahaha!!!

Hil-ar-ious.

Here is what you asked:  "I ask everyone who reads this to be honest with themselves and tell me a time when a cop actually HELPED you... I haven't got a SINGLE story and I'm 36 years old." 

I just gave you several examples, from personal experience, of cops helping me and other people. 

The fact you claim to be 36 and have never heard of a single instance of a police officer helping someone is alarming.  Do you live in a Michael Jackson bubble?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2011, 11:33:08 AM »
BB - 99 percent of the ones I grew up w either were or later become thugs and power crazed psychos doing real bad stuff. 

33 I can't argue with your personal experience.  I'm sorry you had such bad experiences with those folks.  

I do think it's unreasonable to say that all, or even most, cops are bad because of experiences in your neighborhood.  Just to put this in context, there are over 800,000 people in law enforcement in this country.  Hard to use a broad brush.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2011, 11:34:09 AM »
You gave one example actually... They watched your car for you.

I do not consider that "helping people" sorry... I can pay a valet attendant 20 bucks and he'll do that all night.

None of the other stuff you mentioned is actually helping people... It's not stopping crime what so ever.

You have a reading comprehension problem.  Go back and read your statement, your question, and my response. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2011, 11:40:31 AM »
I personally grew up with an know today in social settings a cop who have 5 police brutality cases against him.   This guy is a roid freak and is worse than any gangster i have ever met, and what did the police department do for his service and hundreds of thousands of dollars in settlements the taxpayers got stuck with?

They promoted him to detective.

I have another friend who is a cop who is even worse than him who made detective and who in no exaggeration is a one man crime spree all on to himself.     

Their attitude towards the public ?   Treat taxpayers and citizens like utter garbage and dirt.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2011, 11:43:32 AM »
I personally grew up with an know today in social settings a cop who have 5 police brutality cases against him.   This guy is a roid freak and is worse than any gangster i have ever met, and what did the police department do for his service and hundreds of thousands of dollars in settlements the taxpayers got stuck with?

They promoted him to detective.

I have another friend who is a cop who is even worse than him who made detective and who in no exaggeration is a one man crime spree all on to himself.     

Their attitude towards the public ?   Treat taxpayers and citizens like utter garbage and dirt.   

I know of examples of bad cops too.  Not much worse than a bad government employee with police power.  Try dealing with federal government regulators.  Scary stuff. 

But I also know of many good ones. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2011, 11:52:44 AM »
Then you are the only person so far in this thread.

Pretty much the minority so far.

lol.  Yes, the empirical evidence in this thread, and your 36 years of never hearing of a single instance of a cop helping someone, has this issue all locked up.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2011, 11:56:13 AM »
Well, we can sit around and hit refresh until someone else comes by to take up your stance on the matter.

Seriously?  lol . . . .

Even if ten people chime in and agree with me, it wouldn't prove squat. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2011, 11:59:28 AM »
It would at least give some credence to what you're saying... So far it's about 20-1 or so I'd say.

No it wouldn't.   ::)  Where is tony when I need him?   :D  Educate this dude on statistics and empirical evidence would ya? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2011, 12:49:14 PM »
Sheriff’s Dept. defends SWAT shooting silence
Story(152) CommentsSheriff’s Dept. defends SWAT shooting silence
Fernanda Echavarri, Arizona Daily Star Arizona Daily Star | Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:45 am | Comments
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2721700/posts

Benjie Sanders/Arizona Daily Star, File

This January 2011 file photo shows Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik. The Sheriff's Department said Tuesday it will provide no further information on a fatal May 5, SWAT shooting until the investigation is complete. .
..Related Stories

Related: SWAT officers' 71 gunshots require an explanation.

Tucson attorney Michael Storie, who represents law enforcement officers, has called a news conference at 10 a.m. Thursday to discuss the Pima County Sheriff's Department SWAT shooting.

Storie says in a news release that he represent officers on the PCSD SWAT involved in the fatal May 5, incident.

Storie said he will answer questions on behalf of SWAT officers involved.

The Pima County Sheriff's Department issued a statement today trying to explain its policy regarding the delay in information about the SWAT raid in which a Tucson man was killed.

Here is an unedited copy of today's statement:

Officer Involved Shooting - Update

May 18, 2011

"As a result of the need for information surrounding the shooting of Jose Guerena by members of the Pima Regional SWAT Team, the public has received misinformation and emotionally-charged speculation.

The investigation that lead to the service of the search warrants on May 5 is a complicated one involving multiple people suspected of very serious crimes. Sometimes, law enforcement agencies must choose between the desire of the public to quickly know details, and the very real threat to innocent lives if those details are released prematurely. Sheriff Dupnik has made it a departmental policy to be open and forthcoming with information released to the news media. When the decision is made to withhold information, as it has been in this case, there is a legitimate reason for that decision. The day the search warrant was served, we reported to the media that Mr. Guerena fired at SWAT officers. This is what was understood at that time. After a more detailed investigation, we learned that he pointed his assault rifle at SWAT officers, however, the safety was on and he could not fire. This is a clear example of erroneous information being provided without careful investigation. Rather than risking the release of further information, it is imperative that we complete all aspects of this investigation.

Complicating matters is the fact that multiple agencies were involved in this incident. The criminal investigation must be completed, in addition to the investigation by the County Attorney's office, prior to any administrative review of the actions of the officers involved in the shooting. By mutual agreement, that administrative review will include officials from the Pima County Sheriff's Department, the Marana Police Department, the Oro Valley Police Department and the Sahuarita Police Department. Each of these agencies had officers involved in the shooting as members of the Pima Regional SWAT Team.

Since the Sheriff's Department has had such a long-standing practice of open and timely communication with members of the news media, it is understandable that questions are asked about when more information will become available. However, it is unacceptable and irresponsible to couch those questions with implications of secrecy and a cover-up, not to mention questioning the legality of actions that could not have been taken without the approval of an impartial judge. As a law enforcement professional with decades of experience, Sheriff Dupnik will make the decision to release the information when the investigation is completed, the danger to innocent lives has been mitigated, and all agencies involved have been given the opportunity to review the actions of their personnel."

Deputy Jason S. Ogan

Public Information Officer

Pima County Sheriff's Department

Here is today's news article about the shooting:

Dupnik won't release more info about SWAT shooting of Tucson man

The Pima County Sheriff's Department will release no more information about the circumstances surrounding the killing of Jose Guerena during the serving of a search warrant by the department's SWAT officers May 5 at his home.

Two weeks after the shooting the department has yet to disclose exactly what they were searching for in the Guerena home as well as three other residences in the area that were subjects of a drug investigation. Court documents that show what officers were searching for in the case have been sealed and what was seized as evidence has also been sealed.

Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, through a department spokesman Tuesday morning, declined an interview request.

No one from the department will comment about the case until the investigation is complete, Deputy Jason Ogan said Tuesday. There is no timeframe for when the investigation will be over, he said.

On May 5, five members of the SWAT team fired 71 shots at Guerena while serving a search warrant at the 7100 block of South Redwater Drive. He was shot 60 times.

The 26-year-old former Marine was sleeping at about 9:30 a.m. after working the graveyard shift at Asarco's Mission Mine when his wife woke him saying she heard noises outside and saw a man was at their window. Guerena told his wife to hide in a closet with their 4-year-old son, his wife said. He grabbed an AR-15 rifle and moments later was slumped in the kitchen, mortally wounded from a hail of gunfire.

Guerena did not fire a shot and his gun had the safety on, deputies said, after initially saying he had fired on the SWAT officers

________________________ _______-

Dupnik is the typical powermad freak like Nifong, Spitzer, etc. 

I hope every member of the squat team, Dupnick, and anyone else involved in this hang in the town square.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2011, 04:24:11 AM »

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2011, 04:38:11 AM »
Police strip searched me last year on the NYC subway platform at 4 in the morning.

Fuckers.
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2011, 09:25:49 AM »
Police strip searched me last year on the NYC subway platform at 4 in the morning.

Fuckers.

Ne-kid?  Why? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Old Man Says Cop Beat Him for Trying to Help
Courthouse News ^ | Wednesday, May 18, 2011 | By STEVEN CALLEGAN
Posted on May 21, 2011 3:15:50 PM EDT by Fitzy_888

Fairhope, Ala. (CN) - A police officer beat an elderly man who called 911 to report an accident and stop a drunken driver from leaving the scene of a crime, according to a complaint in Baldwin County Court.

Dorsey Henderson says he investigated an auto accident that happened across the street from his house. After determining that one of the drivers was belligerently intoxicated, he told the man not to leave and called the police.

When Officer Trent Scott arrived on the scene, Henderson tried to tell him what had happened and that he had put the driver under "citizen's arrest" because he was trying to leave. Officer Scott told Henderson there is "no such thing as citizen's arrest in Alabama," adding "get out of the way[,] old man."

While citizen's arrest is a gray area in Alabama, Henderson says he had "only been trying to help."

Nevertheless, Scott put him in an arm bar, tearing the man's rotator cuff, and walked him across the street.

When they were back in Henderson's driveway, Scott "slammed" the elderly man face first into the driveway, breaking his nose and his glasses. Scott "proceeded to beat" Henderson in "the back of the head, neck and arms." Scott did not arrest Henderson or charge him with any crime.

Henderson's wife, Dorris, watched from a wheelchair 18 feet away and called 911, saying that Scott was "beating the hell out of my husband." When the ambulance arrived, Scott sent it away, handcuffed the man and put him in the back of his patrol car.

Scott's superior showed up, released Henderson and called the ambulance back to treat Henderson and bring him to Thomas Hospital.

As of May 16, 2011, Officer Trent Scott was still employed by the Fairhope Police Department.

Henderson and his wife seek damages for constitutional violations. They are represented D. Keith Landers of Daphne, Ala.

TOPICS: Crime/Corruption; Culture/Society; Government; US: Alabama; Click to Add Topic
KEYWORDS: baldwincounty; dorseyhenderson; moralabsolutes; standingarmy; trentscott; Click to Add Keyword
[ Report Abuse | Bookmark ]

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2011, 02:57:53 PM »
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2011, 03:04:43 PM »
Henderson's wife, Dorris, watched from a wheelchair 18 feet away and called 911, saying that Scott was "beating the hell out of my husband." When the ambulance arrived, Scott sent it away, handcuffed the man and put him in the back of his patrol car.

________________________ ____________________-

That pofs cop is still on the payroll soaking up tax dollars.  Imagine being a taxpayer learing thatyou are slaving away at work and some of your tax dollars are going to pay this disgusting thug with a badge?   

And why didnt the EMT call 911 and report this thug with a badge?   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2011, 03:13:44 PM »

Fellow dago who makes me proud. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2011, 04:47:41 PM »
Guerena family attorney responds to SWAT lawyer (Wants Pima Sheriff Dupnik to release reports)
KGUN9-TV (ABC) ^ | 5/19/2011 | Craig Smith, Layla Tang

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Guerena family attorney Christopher Scileppi said he's working with a dead Marine's honor, and a family's grief.  He wants to see proof to back up attorney Mike Storie's account of the SWAT raid that left Jose Guerena dead.

Storie held a news conference Thursday and released several new details about the May 5 raid at the Guerena house that have been kept private until now.  He detailed why SWAT was serving a search warrant and what they found, and gave a reason for why paramedics waiting at the scene were not allowed inside the house to treat Guerena after he was shot.  Storie told KGUN9 that a SWAT robot was sent into the home to examine the threat level, and by then, it was too late for Guerena.  Scileppi has continued to argue that Guerena thought he was defending his home from an invasion when SWAT broke down his door.

"The SWAT team has lawyered up and all Mr. Storie, their lawyer, did today was attempt to discredit a Marine who served two tours abroad and put out statements unsupported by facts," Scileppi told KGUN9 News.  Now he's calling for Storie and Sheriff Clarence Dupnik to release the reports and documents about the raid.

[Snip]

Scileppi disputed Storie's account that Guerena ducked or fell into a room where SWAT couldn't see him and be sure he was no longer a threat, and that's why they didn't order medical care for him.  Scileppi says blood stains in the house make it look like Guerena went down in the hall where SWAT could see him easily.

(Excerpt) Read more at kgun9.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ________

Damn I hate the fucking cops.   Trying to discredit this hero vs. taking responsibility for their murderous bullshit.     

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2011, 05:02:21 PM »
This is why i loathe 99% of police.  At the end of the day - they will cover up and support criminal cops who commit the worst of offenses as opposed to doing what is right.  A decorated vet of two wars lost his life due to this murderour police department, and they are still palying games?  Oh fuck that!  put me on the jury, and I will march every member on that swat team on up to the gallo with their families watching.  Sorry - these pofs taxpayer financed pieces of trash needto suffer severe penalities.         

So in my mind - if there were say 10 members on that raid, and not one speaks out - they are all equally culpable and damnable IMHO considering this family lost a loved one due to their bullshit tactics.  That is at least 99% as they will all hide behind the wall of blue while a family is grieving.   Sorry, I cant support that and only wish each of those cops suffers the same fate in front of their own families.   

I grew up with so many thug cops its not funny.  They dont do dick but harass commuters on their way to work, write up millions of bullshit tickets to oft targets, avoid tough assignments, never get out of the damn car and walk the beat to talk to taxpayers, act rudely to people, lie on the stand routinely, FRAME INNOCENT PEOPLE, complain about pensions, pay, vacations, etc, and otherwise are no different than the worst pofs at the DMV.  Most are on roids, treat the general public like cattle, and are on 24/7 power trips.   BTW - drive by any police station near me, all you see are BMW's, Mercedes, decked out Jeeps, Hummers, etc.  These guys are cashing in on the taxpayer like no tommorow and creating a crime way all on to themselves.     

I know I will piss off many here with saying that, but I have seen this my whole life, cops are far worse than the criminals in 90% of cases. 

I would trust neighborhood patrols over a "professional" police force any day of the week.   i have seen far too much from those I grew up with and still am "friendly" with to come to any other conclusion.