Author Topic: Congrats to Jodi Miller...  (Read 38391 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Congrats to Jodi Miller...
« on: August 29, 2006, 10:06:42 AM »
Solid crossover into bodybuilding by Jodels:

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Congrats to Jodi Miller...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 10:12:02 AM »
Is she still natural?  I know that was a very strong point of integrity for her, for many years.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 10:21:36 AM »
I never understood why some guys thought she was a hottie. Those pictures just confirm what I've always thought.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 10:23:24 AM »

She has very odd shaped legs...
?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 10:26:20 AM »
Is she still natural?  I know that was a very strong point of integrity for her, for many years.

I'm positive she is.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 05:37:31 PM »
For winning the lightweight class at the Europa NPC show!

I see the switch from figure went well ;)

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 06:28:24 PM »
wow... awesome look for Jodi

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 06:56:50 PM »
congrats on the win and the transformation.

lookin good jodi  :)

Alicia M.

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • BSN ATHLETE/IFBB Pro/Writer: Oxygen Magazine
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 07:39:49 PM »
Jodie looks AMAZING.  That BACK, WOWWWWW!!!

Headed to the pros, girl, congrats to you!  :)
aliciamarietv.com

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 08:02:30 PM »
Just saw the pics and heard about your success this weekend.  Congratulations!  You look great and you've definitely leaned out some.  Let me know what your planning next, I really hope to see you at some shows next year.  Again, you look amazing girl and you are definitley making us Figure girls proud :)
Jennifer

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 08:14:12 PM »
Jodi you look great. Keep up the hard work.

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 09:33:55 PM »
Thank you, everyone!  I had so much fun at this show!  I felt such a sense of freedom from the moment I planted a bare foot on the stage, and an immense weight of uncertainty was suddenly lifted off of my shoulders.  There wasn't any confusion of how I needed to come into this show.  Lean, hard, dry, symmetrical, feminine.  Those were the basic points of criteria I needed to follow.  I could barely contain my excitement when it came time to actually hit the poses.  To show off the muscle you've worked so hard for and be rewarded for it!  What a feeling!

I hope more figure girls who are deemed "too muscular" make the move.  I'm putting a challenge out there for y'all.  Do it!  Change the sport.  Switch divisions.  Take what you present on the figure stage and do it as a bodybuilder.  You'll love it!  You don't have to be huge to create success for yourself in bodybuilding.  I weighed 103.5 pounds on Friday morning before the show and about 106 lbs. after carbing up.  Remember:  quality...not necessarily quantity.

And yes, I'm still natural.  I used Taraxatone in the few days leading up to the show, and I drank coffee along with half a tablet of aspirin prior to cardio in the mornings.  I took BCAA's before each workout and swallowed a boatload of vitamins each day.  That was my supplementation.  Nothing else.  I will always do this as a natural.  There are no other options as far as I'm concerned.  I will not cross that line.

While I appreciate the vote of confidence, Alicia, I really doubt I'll ever attain a pro card in bodybuilding unless it would be at the Team U next year, and I definitely have my work cut out for me in the meantime.  I can't see myself on stage with the likes of Colette Nelson, Kim Perez, Bonnie Priest, Iris Kyle, etc.  I'm just a munchkinite...lol!  But I'm happy now.  For once, I'm happy!  I didn't stress, fret, or despair over whether I would get screwed in the placings again.  And it's nice to look at images of myself and say, "Ahh...I know where I can improve," and actually feel like it will make a difference, whereas in figure nothing I did was ever good enough.

And for those of you who don't like my look...guess what?  Don't look at it.  Simple as that.

I happen to like my look.  This is one artist who is proud of her work.
Jodi

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 09:56:29 PM »
so do you find the criteria more stable in fbb than fitness or figure? do you know what to expect more from the judges?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 10:38:11 PM »
Well - it was truly nice seeing Jodi on stage in Arlington doing what she feels most comfortable doing - female bodybuilding, and this is what female bodybuilding should be about. Jodi looked great, is pretty cute, excellent physique, and did well at this show! She looked so great everyone was impressed!

http://getbig.com/pics/southwestpro/2006/misc/jodi.htm

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 07:21:19 AM »
an amazing looking woman....hmmmmmmn

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 08:13:06 AM »
You have to admire the hard work and dedication it took her to look so good. Her delts and back are truely a cut above. Really good looking and sexy. good job.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 09:51:01 AM »
Looking great Jodi!  Congratulations :D
R

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 09:51:30 AM »
she looks great!

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 12:03:58 PM »
so do you find the criteria more stable in fbb than fitness or figure? do you know what to expect more from the judges?

Right now, Blinky, I do find the criteria more consistent than in figure.  I can't speak for fitness, since I've never competed in that division.

Obviously, when I step onto the national stage, the criteria will change a bit.  It becomes a little more about mass and a lot more about top-notch conditioning.  I'm not a gambling woman, but I'd venture a bet that the politics still play a role on that side of things.  But I think there is less subjectivity than in figure.  You know you need an X-frame.  You know that you have to see deep cuts in all of the muscle groups.  You know that you have to present a physique and an overall package that flows, where each muscle group, each body part looks connected--not just piecemeal.  I think that having something freakish about your body helps.  It helps you to stand apart from the others.  The major question is just how hard and just how dry and just how big.  Those are the three variables that I see moving back and forth like a pendulum.

I can look at the images and know what to work on.  When I looked at the photos from USA's, I couldn't see a damn thing to work on.  I think that's in large part because of the restrictive nature of movement in figure.  Bodybuilding to me just represents freedom.  That's the most important thing to me.
Jodi

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 12:27:21 PM »
Right now, Blinky, I do find the criteria more consistent than in figure.  I can't speak for fitness, since I've never competed in that division.

Obviously, when I step onto the national stage, the criteria will change a bit.  It becomes a little more about mass and a lot more about top-notch conditioning.  I'm not a gambling woman, but I'd venture a bet that the politics still play a role on that side of things.  But I think there is less subjectivity than in figure.  You know you need an X-frame.  You know that you have to see deep cuts in all of the muscle groups.  You know that you have to present a physique and an overall package that flows, where each muscle group, each body part looks connected--not just piecemeal.  I think that having something freakish about your body helps.  It helps you to stand apart from the others.  The major question is just how hard and just how dry and just how big.  Those are the three variables that I see moving back and forth like a pendulum.

I can look at the images and know what to work on.  When I looked at the photos from USA's, I couldn't see a damn thing to work on.  I think that's in large part because of the restrictive nature of movement in figure.  Bodybuilding to me just represents freedom.  That's the most important thing to me.

i find it interesting that you say that. ive always thought that the fbb'ers had a tough time every year trying to figure out exactly what the judges wanted them to look like. big, hard and lean...or a bit softer,not to big and more feminine.even me as a spectator was never too clear year to year what the judges were looking for.

but i thought figure was more consistent with what the judges wanted. i guess being a figure competitor now bb'er you have a better point of view.

for us men it's fairly straight forward. guess we have it easier in that respect.

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 12:29:45 PM »
Way to go Jodi!  This is a great way to start your competitive career in bodybuilding.  Good luck.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 03:36:21 PM »

You probably have a better chance in getting a PRO card in BB than figure since figure is so damn subjective and political...not to mention the 'plethora' of competitors constantly flooding the stage. How can one compete if they don't have the right...''trainer''.

I agree with KingRon...that is what female BB should be. You, Jodi just might be the girl to bring balance back to women's BB...

10-12lbs of solid muscle on you is probably all you need...of course, adjustments in training, diet will do that for you.

Stay clean/natural of course...if you ever decide to manipulate your hormones...do it with over-the-counter testosterone type products...like a little bit of dhea...6oxo etc...

Ah, hell you know what to do...nevermind.

?

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2006, 08:50:58 PM »
The head judge did say that I could use a little more size.  I'm not sure that I want 10 or 12 pounds of muscle added to my frame.  I can see three to five pounds at the most that I would be happy with.  And in the end, that's all that truly matters to me.  I am not chasing a pro card.  I am simply chasing what I deem as my best physique for my bone structure, my genetics, and my emotions.  I know that what I brought to the Europa does not display the best that I have to offer in my lifetime.  That is still waiting in the wings.  It simply shows the best I could bring at that point in time and in the timeframe allocated to preparing for this show (I had less than four weeks from the USA's to make the transformation from figure to bodybuilding).

I will not take prohormones, Blockhead.  I'm not against others taking them, but that isn't for me.  I will rely upon what I have always relied upon:  the weights, the food, my obstinance.  If I can't do it with those three factors, then it isn't meant for me.

I am very thankful for all of the kindness, support, positivity, help, and cheers that others in this industry have extended my way.  So many people were excited and extremely happy to see me not only make the switch but succeed in that switch.  Thank you for sharing those emotions with me!  It helps me to realize that what was originally deemed a gutsy decision turned out to be the correct move.

You know what?  Thank you to the NPC National level judges who kept turning me away.  If I hadn't have failed so miserably at figure, I wouldn't have experienced the consistent clamoring to reach success.  I wouldn't have learned how to do something the hard way or how to take the difficult, less traveled path.

I wouldn't have appreciated this win quite as much.  Two wins (both in bodybuilding) in six years and almost 20 shows.  Victory is sweetest when the mouth is dry and the soul is hungry.

Everything really does happen for a reason.

Jodi

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 07:48:50 AM »
Congrats Jodi!  You look awesome!   :)  You always do.
:D Weee

Bulldogs

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 03:10:09 PM »

While I appreciate the vote of confidence, Alicia, I really doubt I'll ever attain a pro card in bodybuilding unless it would be at the Team U next year, and I definitely have my work cut out for me in the meantime.  I can't see myself on stage with the likes of Colette Nelson, Kim Perez, Bonnie Priest, Iris Kyle, etc.  I'm just a munchkinite...lol!  But I'm happy now.  For once, I'm happy! 

hey dont sell yourself short...from a guy's perspective YOU are what female bodybuilders SHOULD look like.  If more female bbders looked like you, the fanbase would grow and women's bbding wouldn't be a dying sport.

Good job.