Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Natural Bodybuilding

The Natural Profiles

<< < (10/10)

Schmoff:

--- Quote from: Chaan on December 27, 2014, 07:10:56 AM ---I quit other sports age 14 and went to the gym because of a vision I had age 13, that I'd get big and square. I didn't know what I'd look like exactly, but I was thinking something like a lumberjack, maybe bigger. They often have good shoulders, a straight dropping torso outline (not a bb'er V shape), and legs. I reached my goal physique spring 2013 (it took very long since I've been ill), and it turned out to be 100 kilo while fit. Then it turned out, it didn't suffice, so I've continued.

--- End quote ---

boy or girl?

??? ??? ???

Chaan:

--- Quote from: Schmoff on December 28, 2014, 04:30:05 PM ---boy or girl?

--- End quote ---
I prefer a girl. I look like this on the other side.

Schmoff:

--- Quote from: Chaan on May 29, 2015, 10:46:45 AM ---I prefer a girl. I look like this on the other side.

--- End quote ---

any updates?

oldtimer1:
Joe Weider headquarters was in my home town of Union city, NJ when I was a kid. I would stare in the window at all the weight lifting equipment and supplements. Walking with my mom I asked if I could go in and look around. She stood outside as I went in. The guys working there asked me if I wanted a stack of expired magazines.  Walking with my stack I saw Joe Weider walking in. I used to go back and get my free magazine all the time. I was about 8 or 9 years old. I was always the shortest and most incredible skinny kid of all time. My knees were much bigger than my thighs. I have a very slight bone structure. Even today my wrists are tiny.

When I was about 13 my much older brother got a sears bench and sears vinyl weights filled with concrete. Here was my chance.  Looking at the pictures in Muscle Builder and the Mr. America magazines I started to do the exercises. Since I never saw anyone lift I didn't know you had to move the weight. I just stood there till I was blue in the face in the curl position just like the magazine picture.  Had no clue what 5 sets of 10 reps meant. My older brother saw me and after awhile and said what they hell are you doing?

I think because of my childhood insecurities I gravitated toward wanting muscles. I weighed a whopping 118lbs my freshman year in high school. I wanted to play football as a running back but the two running backs on the team both weighed about 205lbs.  The first time I ran a 25 dive I hit the linebacker full speed and after the smoke cleared and the little birdies flying around my head stopped I reconsidered my football dreams.  I then went out for Track. In the beginning I found I had a real talent for it. Stringing together 5 minutes miles was something I could do. I developed a real work ethic from being on the team. The high school track team had 70 members. I still never abandoned the weights. From part time jobs I bought Jubinville equipment. It was cheap and strong.

Around my junior year the weights started working. I weighed 144lbs and decided to compete in the NJ Power lifting Championship. Why waste my time with lower meets?  ;D  I bombed out in the deadlift because the lift stalled briefly on the way up.  If my memory serves me I would have ended up 4th or 5th.  With the lifting I found I developed more potential in the sprints. I kept lifting hard through college and I joined the track team there as a 400 meter sprinter. I was sprinting now at a weight between 155lbs and 165lbs at 5'8". I was muscular and lean.

After graduation I really got into training. I got up to 180lbs and I was really lean almost ripped. I never took a picture because I always felt I would get better.  In my early 20's it was the best condition I ever achieved.  Track and the lifting really aided me in life. My profession relied on my physicality. On a side note I met that linebacker that put me on my ass back in the day. He was actually looked like nothing and I couldn't help but suppress a laugh as I looked in his direction trying to say hello and he kept his head down. It would have been a different story now. I would have easily put him on his ass.  I wasn't the 115lbs 5'8" high school kid anymore. Through the years I have boxed and done jui jitsu during the early days of the UFC when no one knew of jui jitsu.  I had five fights in the ring. Lost only one and it was my first. Decided I wanted to stay pretty  ;D so I stopped boxing.

Through the years my collection of equipment grew. Funny even though moving so many places the equipment stayed with me. I remember giving the equipment to a friend. I asked him many years later if he still used it and he said no. I asked him if I could have it back and he said, sure. I still work out with that stuff that's over 40 years old.

Today I'm retired and work part time. I'm in my 60's but I still lift, run and do strike training. I still wake up everyday and think of better ways to train. I find my body is breaking down. Almost 50 years of lifting and athletics. When I run now it's for distance and easy intervals on a treadmill. Just last week I wondered if I still could sprint like the old days. LOL. I warmed up with an easy mile.  I decided to do approximately 40-50 yard sprints. I gradually picked up the pace for each one. The third one was all out. Damn I still had it. I felt explosive and I know I was moving.  The forth one I had to turn off the jets. Something bad happened. My Achilles was hurting near the insertion. Nothing extreme but I knew I had to shut it down. The next day I was limping around. Must have swelled over night.  For four weeks I tried super slow running. Walking long distances. I only made it worst. My buddy on the training board knocked some sense into me and now I'm resting it. I hope I don't need an orthopedic surgeon to repair a partial tear. I hope it's just strained. Getting old stinks. Thought I was forever young. I'm nearly 190 lbs now and I really want to get down to 175lbs-180lbs. I don't know if that's a realistic goal right now with age and my life now. I'm still fighting the good fight.  

ponal:

--- Quote from: oldtimer1 on June 24, 2019, 07:44:13 PM ---Joe Weider headquarters was in my home town of Union city, NJ when I was a kid. I would stare in the window at all the weight lifting equipment and supplements. Walking with my mom I asked if I could go in and look around. She stood outside as I went in. The guys working there asked me if I wanted a stack of expired magazines.  Walking with my stack I saw Joe Weider walking in. I used to go back and get my free magazine all the time. I was about 8 or 9 years old. I was always the shortest and most incredible skinny kid of all time. My knees were much bigger than my thighs. I have a very slight bone structure. Even today my wrists are tiny.

When I was about 13 my much older brother got a sears bench and sears vinyl weights filled with concrete. Here was my chance.  Looking at the pictures in Muscle Builder and the Mr. America magazines I started to do the exercises. Since I never saw anyone lift I didn't know you had to move the weight. I just stood there till I was blue in the face in the curl position just like the magazine picture.  Had no clue what 5 sets of 10 reps meant. My older brother saw me and after awhile and said what they hell are you doing?

I think because of my childhood insecurities I gravitated toward wanting muscles. I weighed a whopping 118lbs my freshman year in high school. I wanted to play football as a running back but the two running backs on the team both weighed about 205lbs.  The first time I ran a 25 dive I hit the linebacker full speed and after the smoke cleared and the little birdies flying around my head stopped I reconsidered my football dreams.  I then went out for Track. In the beginning I found I had a real talent for it. Stringing together 5 minutes miles was something I could do. I developed a real work ethic from being on the team. The high school track team had 70 members. I still never abandoned the weights. From part time jobs I bought Jubinville equipment. It was cheap and strong.

Around my junior year the weights started working. I weighed 144lbs and decided to compete in the NJ Power lifting Championship. Why waste my time with lower meets?  ;D  I bombed out in the deadlift because the lift stalled briefly on the way up.  If my memory serves me I would have ended up 4th or 5th.  With the lifting I found I developed more potential in the sprints. I kept lifting hard through college and I joined the track team there as a 400 meter sprinter. I was sprinting now at a weight between 155lbs and 165lbs at 5'8". I was muscular and lean.

After graduation I really got into training. I got up to 180lbs and I was really lean almost ripped. I never took a picture because I always felt I would get better.  In my early 20's it was the best condition I ever achieved.  Track and the lifting really aided me in life. My profession relied on my physicality. On a side note I met that linebacker that put me on my ass back in the day. He was actually looked like nothing and I couldn't help but suppress a laugh as I looked in his direction trying to say hello and he kept his head down. It would have been a different story now. I would have easily put him on his ass.  I wasn't the 115lbs 5'8" high school kid anymore. Through the years I have boxed and done jui jitsu during the early days of the UFC when no one knew of jui jitsu.  I had five fights in the ring. Lost only one and it was my first. Decided I wanted to stay pretty  ;D so I stopped boxing.

Through the years my collection of equipment grew. Funny even though moving so many places the equipment stayed with me. I remember giving the equipment to a friend. I asked him many years later if he still used it and he said no. I asked him if I could have it back and he said, sure. I still work out with that stuff that's over 40 years old.

Today I'm retired and work part time. I'm in my 60's but I still lift, run and do strike training. I still wake up everyday and think of better ways to train. I find my body is breaking down. Almost 50 years of lifting and athletics. When I run now it's for distance and easy intervals on a treadmill. Just last week I wondered if I still could sprint like the old days. LOL. I warmed up with an easy mile.  I decided to do approximately 40-50 yard sprints. I gradually picked up the pace for each one. The third one was all out. Damn I still had it. I felt explosive and I know I was moving.  The forth one I had to turn off the jets. Something bad happened. My Achilles was hurting near the insertion. Nothing extreme but I knew I had to shut it down. The next day I was limping around. Must have swelled over night.  For four weeks I tried super slow running. Walking long distances. I only made it worst. My buddy on the training board knocked some sense into me and now I'm resting it. I hope I don't need an orthopedic surgeon to repair a partial tear. I hope it's just strained. Getting old stinks. Thought I was forever young. I'm nearly 190 lbs now and I really want to get down to 175lbs-180lbs. I don't know if that's a realistic goal right now with age and my life now. I'm still fighting the good fight.  

--- End quote ---

Cool Story Bro

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version