Author Topic: YANKEES ARE RED HOT 9 AND COUNTING....  (Read 4739 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
YANKEES ARE RED HOT 9 AND COUNTING....
« on: June 14, 2007, 07:31:06 PM »
next stop beantown and ready to reclaim 1st place,bosox do have a good balanced club this year i must admit.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: YANKEES ARE RED HOT 9 AND COUNTING....
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 04:43:04 AM »
next stop beantown and ready to reclaim 1st place,bosox do have a good balanced club this year i must admit.

From 13.5 to 7.5 out in a week and a half.
The House that Ruth built

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 07:35:38 AM »
From a Sox fan perspective, the Yankees are a scary club. With all thier talent they should be right there come Sept.

I'm really glad we had the 14 game pad, we'll need every game of it by the end of the season.

Go Sox.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 08:26:48 AM »
From a Sox fan perspective, the Yankees are a scary club. With all thier talent they should be right there come Sept.

I'm really glad we had the 14 game pad, we'll need every game of it by the end of the season.

Go Sox.
should be interesting,when lester is full steam it's a good staff,beckett,lester.papelbon are tough,as a yankee fan i love facing that scumbag schilling,dice k is soft against yanks can't pitch from the stretch,we own wakefield.it's up to the bullpens,like i said earlier.sox have good balanced lineup almost carbon copy of yanks some power,enough speed,defense,yanks bench is a little thin than past years.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 08:28:02 AM »
Is A-rod still screwing the stripper?
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 10:41:28 AM »
should be interesting,when lester is full steam it's a good staff,beckett,lester.papelbon are tough,as a yankee fan i love facing that scumbag schilling,dice k is soft against yanks can't pitch from the stretch,we own wakefield.it's up to the bullpens,like i said earlier.sox have good balanced lineup almost carbon copy of yanks some power,enough speed,defense,yanks bench is a little thin than past years.

Agreed on most parts. Dice K gets a pass until next year in my book. Next year he has to show up huge IMO.

The unknown factor is Clippard/Hughes, we'll see how they fare in the stretch.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 12:08:38 PM »
anyone that thinks the yanks make it to the post season are insane.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 12:22:33 PM »

anyone that counts them out given the history is mentally impaired.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 01:31:12 PM »

Care to back this up with any real reasons?

I'll start with reasons why they will..  They will make the playoffs because the will add either Phil Hughes or another arm via trade to their rotation.   This will give them one of the best staffs in baseball 1-5.  They already have the best lineup, and many of them are starting to return to their normal levels.  They still have Rivera as well.  They have also had the hardest schedule in baseball to this point (per ESPN's rating scale), so the dog days of summer will be filled with weaker teams that they should feast on.  They have 17 games left with TB and Baltimore, and six with KC.   They've had their slump coincide with devastating injuries to their pitching staff, yet are only 3.5 out of the WC in the middle of June. 

The teams they need to overcome at this point are Cleveland, Detroit, and Boston.  Detroit's staff is very good, but their lineup is ok, and their closer plain sucks.  Cleveland's starting pitching is supect, and their lineup is ok as well.   Both teams are lucky to play the Royals 19 times,  but, overall the central is a much tougher division.  The White Sox will get better, which will only make it harder.

Catching Boston could prove to be very hard, but keep in mind that Beckett will regress as the season goes on, as will Lowell and Youklis.   I doubt you will see any Sox starter with an ERA under four at years end, which means they will not keep up their current pace.  I think Crisp and Lugo are just average players and will not improve much, although Manny and Drew should get better.  The bullpen should regress as well - their statisical history shows them to be average at BEST, but they have outperformed their norms early, which could indicate a big correction coming.   If the sox are able to add another frontline starter, though, it should be enough to compensate for their weakness and make them extrememly dangerous, especially in a short series.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 06:12:54 PM »
Care to back this up with any real reasons?

I'll start with reasons why they will..  They will make the playoffs because the will add either Phil Hughes or another arm via trade to their rotation.   This will give them one of the best staffs in baseball 1-5.  They already have the best lineup, and many of them are starting to return to their normal levels.  They still have Rivera as well.  They have also had the hardest schedule in baseball to this point (per ESPN's rating scale), so the dog days of summer will be filled with weaker teams that they should feast on.  They have 17 games left with TB and Baltimore, and six with KC.   They've had their slump coincide with devastating injuries to their pitching staff, yet are only 3.5 out of the WC in the middle of June. 

The teams they need to overcome at this point are Cleveland, Detroit, and Boston.  Detroit's staff is very good, but their lineup is ok, and their closer plain sucks.  Cleveland's starting pitching is supect, and their lineup is ok as well.   Both teams are lucky to play the Royals 19 times,  but, overall the central is a much tougher division.  The White Sox will get better, which will only make it harder.

Catching Boston could prove to be very hard, but keep in mind that Beckett will regress as the season goes on, as will Lowell and Youklis.   I doubt you will see any Sox starter with an ERA under four at years end, which means they will not keep up their current pace.  I think Crisp and Lugo are just average players and will not improve much, although Manny and Drew should get better.  The bullpen should regress as well - their statisical history shows them to be average at BEST, but they have outperformed their norms early, which could indicate a big correction coming.   If the sox are able to add another frontline starter, though, it should be enough to compensate for their weakness and make them extrememly dangerous, especially in a short series.
i'd love to agree on all counts but being realistic,beckett,youklis,lowell are having careers years,given lowell is a free agent so his numbers are good for a reason,boston will not fall like last year.the yanks will go to the wire,hopefully clemens is a factor,and a rod is off  the charts...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 08:45:44 PM »
i'd love to agree on all counts but being realistic,beckett,youklis,lowell are having careers years,given lowell is a free agent so his numbers are good for a reason,boston will not fall like last year.the yanks will go to the wire,hopefully clemens is a factor,and a rod is off  the charts...

I agree that it will be tough, but it's hard to say that those guys are having career years while it's mid June.  Lowell had a poor split last year, fading badly in the second half.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 09:14:43 PM »

you aren't playing triple a teams anymore

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 02:57:14 PM »
you aren't playing triple a teams anymore

E

Yanks have had the hardest schedule to date and have recently taken series from the sox and the mets.
Y

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 03:21:52 PM »
No one is heckling A-Rod now!  ::)

body88

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 05:34:25 AM »

I agree that it will be tough, but it's hard to say that those guys are having career years while it's mid June.  Lowell had a poor split last year, fading badly in the second half.

Becket is 10 - 1 with a era of 3.14. Last year after 11 starts he was 7-2 with a era of 4.46.

body88

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 05:36:20 AM »
Yanks have had the hardest schedule to date and have recently taken series from the sox and the mets.

Hard to believe they are still 9 games back.

body88

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 05:36:59 AM »

Arod can be a little bitch, but he would replace "the bust" nicley at short next year :) Great player.

svtmuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 06:18:43 AM »
He's still a little bitch

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 08:20:52 AM »

Becket is 10 - 1 with a era of 3.14. Last year after 11 starts he was 7-2 with a era of 4.46.

Wasn't referring to Beckett, just the bats.  Beckett appears to be fufilling his potential.  He was an off the chart prospect, and most of his issues have been due to injury.  Now that he's staying healthy, the results are following.
Y

body88

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 09:39:19 PM »
From 13.5 to 7.5 out in a week and a half.

Then right back to 10 games out again   ;)

body88

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 05:48:54 AM »

Before you come you might wanna make up some of that 10 game lead the sox have again  ;)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 07:39:49 AM »
Before you come you might wanna make up some of that 10 game lead the sox have again  ;)

Winning the division's a nice touch, but the sox are too far ahead to even warrant discussion.  It was nice to get it to 7.5, but unrealistic to think the Yankees would win another 11 out of 13 right after they just did so.  The only chance the Yanks have at the division is to be down around 6 come the ASB and hover there until August, when the sox go on the road for almost the whole month.

The WC will be the most likely route to the playoffs for the Yankees.  As currently constructed, I like their chances in a best of seven vs. boston.
Y

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 08:06:51 AM »

Clemens better come through with a good outing tonight. The Yankees bats are due. Getting swept by the Rockies would suck. It really sucks to have given those 2.5 games back to the Sox.
The House that Ruth built

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 07:44:38 PM »
yeah they got swept by colorado  ??? ???,they seem to lose ground quicker than the past,everyone has to fall sometime,bosox collapsed last yr and finished 3rd.they could over take the wildcard,but lets face it,twins,cleveland,detroit are no slouches.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 09:59:05 AM »
Fvcken Colorado!
They took 2 outta 3 from the Sox and then sweep the Yanks :'(