Getbig Main Boards > General Topics

What are you reading?

<< < (301/306) > >>

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: Taffin on October 01, 2021, 01:53:43 AM -----cross posted from G&O--

Your post reminded me that West was supposedly a bit of a swinger/party animal - so I checked Amazon to see if he had an autobiography on there

Answer is yes, but used paperbacks of "Back to the Batcave" are running around $50 (up to $200, anybody?)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adam-West-Back-Batcave-Autobiography/dp/B00NBQERVI/ref=monarch_sidesheet

So has anyone read it - is it any good/worth the $?

--- End quote ---
I only read coloring books.

Taffin:

--- Quote from: Taffin on May 22, 2021, 11:59:46 AM ---
Gentle nudge - what did you think and should I go for it?  Which translation were you reading?  I'm thinking of the Diskin-Clay version for myself, but there's the Hays or Robertson versions - interested to know which way you went

Thanks in advance
Taf

--- End quote ---

Forgot about this until recently - finally decided to pick up a fairly recent translation (Scribner/Hicks) that's been getting some decent reviews.  At 145 pages it's a pretty slim tome but I'm going to try to take my time with it and savour it a little

I don't do new year resolutions, but for what it's worth this year I'm going to go back to stoic basics - the Western World has gotten far too soft for its own good!  (Now where did I put those coconut matting underpants..? ;D)

Griffith:

--- Quote from: Taffin on January 05, 2022, 08:05:25 AM ---Forgot about this until recently - finally decided to pick up a fairly recent translation (Scribner/Hicks) that's been getting some decent reviews.  At 145 pages it's a pretty slim tome but I'm going to try to take my time with it and savour it a little

I don't do new year resolutions, but for what it's worth this year I'm going to go back to stoic basics - the Western World has gotten far too soft for its own good!  (Now where did I put those coconut matting underpants..? ;D)

--- End quote ---

Good choice!

CalvinH:
Read the whole Walt Longmire series by Graig Johnston.

…all in all very entertaining  8)

CalvinH:
Reading the Charles Box series about Wyoming game warden Joe Pickett.

...is ok nothing fantastic but good for winter reading.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version