Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Injury and Rehabilitation

Partial Biceps Tendon Tear

<< < (2/2)

Taylor:
Man that sucks I hate to hear any one go under the knife. I think I was lucky cause it was not torn all the way. They told me 8 months till in full recovery I just want my look back one bie is slightly higher than the other and my days of heavy curling is over 

oldtimer1:
I also had a complete tear of the distal bicep tendon.  The bicep rolled up to my delt. I had it repaired to by an orthopedic surgeon that only specializes in shoulder down repairs. He put two metal anchors in my radius bone and reattached the tendon. He said since it was fresh the tendon would reattach itself in time. Thought I would never be able to lift again.  Took about 6 months before I could lift again for upper body.  I know most would say it's only bicep but it effected my whole upper body. Started benching with a bar and curling 2lbs plates when I was able to move my arm. I remember my first attempt at a pull up.  I was petrified my bicep would rip off. My surgeon every visit would warn me about moving to fast in rehab.  When I did one pull up I was kind of in shock the repair held.  The only thing now is slight instability. If you have a partial tear I would think you should get it repaired. Stretching a tear is a mistake. A partial tear while lifting heavy is going to lead to a complete tear.

NaturalWonder83:
Years ago I tore my bicep at the elbow on my left arm
I def have less shoulder external rotation on the left and my left wrist/forearm is bit tight
Take your time and do what the dr says exactly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version