Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

DL's on back day?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dan-O:
Hell yes, I do heavy deads (working up to triples in the low 500's) at the beginning of every other back workout, when I'm fresh and strong.  They do NOT at all detract from the rest of my back routine.  If anything I feel primed to attack the heavy weights immediately afterward.

And I'm 40 and haven't needed a chiropractor yet so don't believe everything you read on here. ;)

buffbon:
i always start my back workout with chins pull ups or pull overs. but following that is always either deadlifts or some type of barbell row. do them while your fresh you can handle the most wieght on them and build the most muscle.

bald:
Deads are the altimate back exercise.  So hell yes.

haider:

--- Quote from: weedoutheweak on September 22, 2005, 04:36:28 AM ---I am willing to guess if you're asking this, then you're probbaly a n00b.  Hey have fun blowing thousands of dollars at a chiropractor down the road.   

--- End quote ---
gotta listen to the resident dumbass

Steeljunky:
DL's should be done while you are fresh and at your strongest mentally and physically, therefore at the start of your back workout. You can get too sloppy with your form at the end. You maybe a little weaker on some other back exercises such as low rows and one arm rows, but you shouldn't be any weaker on lat movements like pulldowns. Keep asking questions TNT, don't ever be discouraged by the losers out there, listen to the answers that make sense and let the smartass remarks drive you to be better than the assholes who make them.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version