Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Injury and Rehabilitation

Do you train around lower back pain

(1/3) > >>

calfzilla:
Or do you train it more and try to get it stronger? 

Just wondering, I have intermittent low back pain and for the most part take it easy but wonder if I am doing the wrong thing?

Kurt:
I am looking for an answer as well. I have been working in two shops for a total of 14 hours per day, that entails standing on concrete for the entire time.

I believe all that standing on concrete is the culprit, so I will try to sit when I can, as well as find some new inserts for my steel-toed work boots. But for now, my lower back feels tight and bruised. 

loco:

--- Quote from: calfzilla on January 25, 2014, 03:07:08 AM ---Or do you train it more and try to get it stronger?  

Just wondering, I have intermittent low back pain and for the most part take it easy but wonder if I am doing the wrong thing?

--- End quote ---

If it's chronic back pain, and my back is not in a spasm, then yes, I workout around the pain.  If I stopped working out every time my low back nagged me, I'd never work out.

I recommend you do these every single morning after you get up from bed...well, after you pee.  It only takes a couple of minutes, but it works wonders for chronic low back pain.

loco:

--- Quote from: Kurt on June 08, 2014, 06:02:21 AM ---I am looking for an answer as well. I have been working in two shops for a total of 14 hours per day, that entails standing on concrete for the entire time.

I believe all that standing on concrete is the culprit, so I will try to sit when I can, as well as find some new inserts for my steel-toed work boots. But for now, my lower back feels tight and bruised. 

--- End quote ---

Do you stand in one spot most of the time?  If so, then I recommend an anti fatigue mat like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Joe-Anti-Fatigue-Beveled-3-Feet/dp/B000EFK9KM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411502107&sr=8-1&keywords=anti+fatigue+mat

Wolfox:

--- Quote from: loco on September 23, 2014, 12:52:32 PM ---If it's chronic back pain, and my back is not in a spasm, then yes, I workout around the pain.  If I stopped working out every time my low back nagged me, I'd never work out.

I recommend you do these every single morning after you get up from bed...well, after you pee.  It only takes a couple of minutes, but it works wonders for chronic low back pain.

--- End quote ---

I do the bottom stretch between sets. I also do this thing that looks like a cat hunched back multiple times also between sets. I seen it used in yoga. It relieves the compression feeling in my back. I do it sitting down on the safety bar of the the rack while leaning over to not look like a weirdo.

ialso stretch my hip flexors and hammies real good before squatting.

My back is fucked...cant deadlift or back squat. But I can do front squats, light dumbell Romanians and walking lunges.

So yes, I work around injuries. I simply have to if I want to work out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version