Author Topic: 5x5 - Reg Park Style  (Read 2387 times)

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
5x5 - Reg Park Style
« on: January 16, 2022, 06:35:38 AM »
old school muscle-building
if natty like the very proud bro pamith, you dont need much except for extremely hard work
most dont know how to lift, they simply workout or exercise
eat, sleep, train, grow

There are just two workouts. Each with a handful of exercises. Exercises are

Reg Park 5×5

Workout A

Back Squats 5×5
Chin-Ups or Pull-Ups 5×5
Dips or Bench Press 5×5
Wrist Curls / Reverse Curls 2×10
Calves 2×15-20
Reg Park 5×5

Workout B

Front Squats 5×5
Rows 5×5
Standing Press 5×5
Deadlifts 3×5 (2 warm-up sets and 1 “stabilizer set”)
Wrist Curls / Reverse Curls 2×10
Calves 2×15-20

Alternate between workouts ‘A’ and ‘B’:

Week 1: A, B, A

Week 2: B, A, B

Week 3: A, B, etc

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 5x5 - Reg Park Style
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 07:09:15 AM »

SEE RANK
Reg Park (I) (1928–2007)
Actor
The future Italian epic star was registered as Roy Park in 1928, but little Reg was soon re-named after his father Reginald Park Snr., a well-known gymnasium proprietor in Leeds and owner of the Reg Park Barbell Company. Reg Jnr. played reserve team football for Leeds United before turning to body-building in 1946. He finished Mr Universe ... See full bio »
Born: June 7, 1928 in Leeds, Yorkshire, England, UK
Died: November 22, 2007 (age 79) in Johannesburg, South Africa

Quick Links
Biography
Awards
Photo Gallery
Filmography (by Job)
Trailers and Videos
Explore More
IMDb's 2022 TV Guide

Browse our list of the best series coming to TV and streaming in 2022.

See the full list

Share this page: 
Remembering the Stars We Lost in 2021
IMDb Originals (2015-)IMDb Originals (2015-)
IMDb presents a tribute to those entertainers and public figures who passed away in 2021.

Watch the video

Related News
Hercules and the Captive Women
06 April 2021 | Trailers from Hell
Epic Sword-and-Sandal Adventure Hercules And The Captive Women on Blu-Ray & DVD April 13th
15 March 2021 | WeAreMovieGeeks.com
Hercules in the Haunted World
12 October 2019 | Trailers from Hell
See all related articles »
Around The WebProvided by Taboola

On Prime Video
Watch Now
Maciste in King Solomon's Mines
Watch Now
Watch Now
See more on Prime Video »
Watch on TV
The Grifters
Tue, Jan 18 7:38 AM PST on HBOZ (516)
Create a list »
User Lists
Related lists from IMDb users

list image
Hollywood Muscle Stars
a list of 23 people
created 30 Jun 2018

list image
Dead Actors
a list of 2307 people
created 09 Aug 2016

list image
V.G.L.G. #1
a list of 347 people
created 13 May 2019

list image
Top 250 Deadliest Actors
a list of 250 people
created 29 Sep 2017

list image
ACTOR
a list of 69 people
created 10 Mar 2020

See all related lists »
Do you have a demo reel?
Add it to your IMDb page

My Demo Reel -- No description provided. My Demo Reel -- Three different genres
Find out more at IMDbPro »
How Much Have You Seen?
How much of Reg Park's work have you seen?
User Polls
poll imageWhich fitness fanatic could inspire you...
See more polls »

Photos
Reg Park Reg Park Reg Park Reg Park Reg Park Ettore Manni, Reg Park, and Fay Spain in Hercules and the Captive Women (1961)
 9 photos »
Known For
Maciste / Samson
(1964)
Hercules
(1961)
Ercole / Hercules
(1961)
Hercules the Avenger
Hercules the Avenger
Hercules
(1965)

Hide Hide all  | 
Show by...
  |  Edit
Filmography
Jump to: Actor | Thanks | Self | Archive footage
Hide HideActor (6 credits)
 1990The Grifters
on TV in bar (uncredited)
 1965Hercules the Avenger
Hercules
 1964Hercules, Prisoner of Evil
Ursus
 1964Maciste in King Solomon's Mines
Maciste / Samson
 1961Hercules in the Haunted World
Hercules
 1961Hercules and the Captive Women
Ercole / Hercules
Hide HideThanks (3 credits)
 2002Raw Iron: The Making of 'Pumping Iron' (TV Movie documentary) (special thanks)
 2002Iron and Beyond (Video documentary short) (special thanks)
 1977Pumping Iron (Documentary) (thanks)
Hide HideSelf (2 credits)
 2009Reg Park: The Legend (Video documentary)
Self
 2002Raw Iron: The Making of 'Pumping Iron' (TV Movie documentary)
Self - Friend and mentor
Hide HideArchive footage (1 credit)
 2019Deodato Holocaust (Documentary)
Ursus
Edit
Personal Details
Publicity Listings: 1 Interview | 4 Articles | See more »
Official Sites: Official Site
Height: 6' 1" (1.85 m)
Spouse: Mareon Isaacs  (his death)  (2 children)
Edit
Did You Know?
Personal Quote: Reg was a dear friend, an extraordinary mentor and a personal hero. Other than my parents, there may be no single person who had more to do with me becoming the person I am today than Reg. He was like a second father to me. It was Reg who impressed upon me how hard I would have to work if I wanted to achieve my dreams. I'll always remember him making me do calf-raises with 1,000 pounds at 5 ... See more »
Trivia: Park was the first bodybuilder to bench press 500 lbs, and the second man in history to succeed with that weight. He achieved the lift on his 25th birthday, just 10 days after Canadian Olympic Weightlifter Doug Hepburn became the first to Bench Press 500 pounds on May 28, 1953. Hepburn outweighed Park by 60 pounds. See more »
Nickname: Reg the Leg
Star Sign: Gemini                                           and he was a peplum star. ::) ::) ::) ::) 
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 08:13:03 AM »
What happened with your other account?

What happened with your other account?
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 09:24:14 AM »
 ;D
F

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 10:45:05 AM »
Good routine.^

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 11:19:07 AM »
Even Reg eventually realized 5x5 at max weight was too much- and dropped down to do only 1 max set. This, from Reg's son:

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2022, 11:40:02 AM »
No need to go so heavy all the time, it will burn you out

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2022, 03:27:08 PM »
Is Reg Park still dead?

Is Ric Drasin?

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2022, 03:28:46 PM »
Is Reg Park still dead?

Is Ric Drasin?
Bro...

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2022, 03:15:22 AM »
I did the Reg Park style 5x5 for a while & my lifts went up quickly but then I reached a sticking point. Power yes but muscle size not so much. I know Park was a beast but I think he also did periods of more standard training later on & split Routines.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2022, 03:16:21 AM »
Is Reg Park still dead?

Is Ric Drasin?
Dude just STFU

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2022, 03:31:21 AM »
Dude just STFU

My protector, Bhanky, will beat you up.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2022, 03:36:46 AM »
The reps and sets argument doesn’t really get to the heart of the matter. It’s really about getting in some volume with a reasonably challenging amount of resistance and doing it regularly.

As you get older the low rep heavy weight approach beats up the joints too much. The pumper type lifters have shown the greatest longevity.

A couple of warm up sets then 3 sets of 10-12 reps for each body part about every 5 days the win. It ain’t rocket science.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2022, 04:59:51 AM »
I did the Reg Park style 5x5 for a while & my lifts went up quickly but then I reached a sticking point. Power yes but muscle size not so much. I know Park was a beast but I think he also did periods of more standard training later on & split Routines.

IMO its best to incorporate some higher rep stuff in with 5x5 programs (or similar).
Best of both worlds, strength & groth...

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2022, 05:41:07 AM »
U guys are freaky huge from exact routine  :o
A

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2022, 06:38:16 AM »

&t=88s
F

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2022, 02:44:51 AM »
I don´t think any of these guys were natty. Park included, remember John Grimek was juicing on the blue pills.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2022, 06:24:29 AM »
Park was natty in his early years (1940s) but appeared to juice later starting in the 1950s.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2022, 06:38:43 AM »
Park was natty in his early years (1940s) but appeared to juice later starting in the 1950s.
He probably educated a young Arnold too when he stayed at Park´s house. Wasn´t all corn flakes sprinkled with Reg park protein powder like Arnold says... :D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2022, 08:07:53 AM »
He probably educated a young Arnold too when he stayed at Park´s house. Wasn´t all corn flakes sprinkled with Reg park protein powder like Arnold says... :D

Arnold was on the juice from age 16.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2022, 08:40:42 AM »
Looking at photos of Park through the years, including ones of him competing against Arnold, I can honestly state that I do not think Park ever took steroids.  The Universe contest where Arnold beat Reg shows a drug fed physique easily besting a natural one.

Reg was, I believe, 40 years old at that time and had he just taken what I had been told was the standard dose (3 to 5 tablets a day) of Dianabol his physique would have been dramatically larger and more muscular.  And stronger.  The man was very strong.  He was far stronger than Arnold (as was by many accounts, Dave Draper).   I would say that having come from the same school of thought as Steve Reeves, Reg remained true to the credo of Physical Culture.  It was said that Joe Gold and Zabo two from the time of the real "Muscle Beach" were against drug use too because they came from a background of Physical Culture.

When asked about steroids, Reg quotes this saying in the interview, "mens sana in corpore sano".  I personally have known a great many men (and a few pathetic women) that have taken steroids for competitive reasons and not a one of them tried to say they were "natural".  They took them  because quite frankly the stuff works great.

Good men all of them.  Weird women, the ones that took it though.  To me, it would be like a man taking estrogen.  What The Fuck?   Everyone of my friends that took steroids was honest about it and were otherwise honorable men.  Men that worked normal jobs for a living.  Men that  had families.  Good, decent and fairly (LOL!) normal lads.

I believe Reg Park never took drugs.  If others think differently that is fine as I can easily understand that.  But again, look at Reg next to Arnold in that Universe.  The difference between the two of them is more than just black and white or night and day.  Park is one of my primary inspirations for taking up bodybuilding.  He along with Steve Reeves, Arnold and the great Dave Draper (a true inspiration for me!) were very inspirational when I first started and remain so to this day. 

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2022, 08:49:28 AM »
Looking at photos of Park through the years, including ones of him competing against Arnold, I can honestly state that I do not think Park ever took steroids.  The Universe contest where Arnold beat Reg shows a drug fed physique easily besting a natural one.

Reg was, I believe, 40 years old at that time and had he just taken what I had been told was the standard dose (3 to 5 tablets a day) of Dianabol his physique would have been dramatically larger and more muscular.  And stronger.  The man was very strong.  He was far stronger than Arnold (as was by many accounts, Dave Draper).   I would say that having come from the same school of thought as Steve Reeves, Reg remained true to the credo of Physical Culture.  It was said that Joe Gold and Zabo two from the time of the real "Muscle Beach" were against drug use too because they came from a background of Physical Culture.

When asked about steroids, Reg quotes this saying in the interview, "mens sana in corpore sano".  I personally have known a great many men (and a few pathetic women) that have taken steroids for competitive reasons and not a one of them tried to say they were "natural".  They took them  because quite frankly the stuff works great.

Good men all of them.  Weird women, the ones that took it though.  To me, it would be like a man taking estrogen.  What The Fuck?   Everyone of my friends that took steroids was honest about it and were otherwise honorable men.  Men that worked normal jobs for a living.  Men that  had families.  Good, decent and fairly (LOL!) normal lads.

I believe Reg Park never took drugs.  If others think differently that is fine as I can easily understand that.  But again, look at Reg next to Arnold in that Universe.  The difference between the two of them is more than just black and white or night and day.  Park is one of my primary inspirations for taking up bodybuilding.  He along with Steve Reeves, Arnold and the great Dave Draper (a true inspiration for me!) were very inspirational when I first started and remain so to this day.
well i would like to believe he was a natural trainer  :)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2022, 08:51:54 AM »
well i would like to believe he was a natural trainer  :)

Seeing him in a few interviews and reading about him one gets the sense that Reg was a man of common sense and valued honor in his life and how he lived it.  I really do think he trained without drugs his entire life.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2022, 05:28:49 AM »
Seeing him in a few interviews and reading about him one gets the sense that Reg was a man of common sense and valued honor in his life and how he lived it.  I really do think he trained without drugs his entire life.
I think he at least experimented with them.

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2022, 05:39:31 AM »