Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Pet Board

* TOXIC FOODS (Dogs) 🐶

<< < (5/6) > >>

Better late than never...

garlic is actually a natural wormer and antibiotic.

n-propyldisulfide, found in onions and in less quantity in garlic is toxic for dogs.
you will need a large dose of garlic for it to be toxic.

you can give some to your dog 3-4 times a week.

10 to 15 pounds dog: half a clove per day
20 to 40 pounds: 1 clove
45 to 70 pounds: 2 cloves
75 to 90 pounds: 2,5 cloves
100 pounds and over: 3 cloves

to avoid anemia, no garlic at least one day per week and stop completely for 1-2 weeks every once in a while


--- Quote from: _bruce_ on October 26, 2011, 07:37:20 AM ---Better late than never...

--- End quote ---

 :D  Adorable.  How old is Putzi?


--- Quote from: Butterbean on November 07, 2011, 06:31:18 AM --- :D  Adorable.  How old is Putzi?

--- End quote ---

Four years - she's become quite the moody diva. We don't see each other as much as we used to.


--- Quote from: Princess L on August 08, 2009, 03:54:03 PM ---Always a good idea to review and remind ourselves.

I didn't know about avocado or mac nuts  :-\

- Alcoholic beverages
- Avocado
- Chocolate (all forms)
- Coffee (all forms)
- Fatty foods
- Macadamia nuts
- Moldy or spoiled foods
- Onions, onion powder
- Raisins and grapes
- Salt
- Yeast dough
- Garlic
- Products sweetened with xylitol

This list is based on the Animal Poison Controls list of death and illness in pets

Sugarless candies can also be toxic to pets

--- End quote ---
mods, please put this useful info at the top of the thread for easy reference.


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version