Author Topic: UFC 96 bonuses....  (Read 1257 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
UFC 96 bonuses....
« on: March 08, 2009, 12:04:59 PM »
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Keith Jardine and Matt Hamill each earned $60,000 "fight night" bonuses for their performances at "UFC 96: Jackson vs. Jardine."

UFC 96 took place Saturday at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, and aired live on pay-per-view. The bonus amounts were up significantly from the $40,000 awards issued at UFC 95 in February but down slightly from the $65,000 UFC 94 bonuses in January.

The UFC announced the bonuses at the UFC 96 post-fight press conference and were confirmed by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

With seven of the evening's 10 bouts ending by knockout or TKO, the UFC had a difficult decision when it came to "Knockout of the Night." With no submission wins on the evening laying claim to a "Submission of the Night" bonus, the UFC elected not to award any additional awards.

Jackson and Jardine's main event was predicted by many to be a one-sided affair. The awkward, hulking "Dean of Mean" proved the naysayers wrong and pushed the former light-heavyweight champion to perform at his peak for 15 full minutes. The back-and-forth battle remained up in the air until the final bell, and while Jackson earned the win, the matchup earned both competitors a "Fight of the Night" bonus.

A battle between two elite-level wrestlers probably wasn't many people's pre-event choice as a potential "Knockout of the Night." But after whipping the Columbus crowd into a frenzy with his entrance, Hamill landed a devastating right high kick that left Mark Munoz unconscious and earned "The Hammer" the evening's bonus.

UFC 96 joins recent pay-per-view events UFC 92 and UFC 94 as show to end without a single submission victory. Prior to the three-month stretch, the most recent event to end without a submission was UFC Fight Night 7 on Dec. 13, 2006.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: UFC 96 bonuses....
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 03:45:20 PM »
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Keith Jardine and Matt Hamill each earned $60,000 "fight night" bonuses for their performances at "UFC 96: Jackson vs. Jardine."

UFC 96 took place Saturday at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, and aired live on pay-per-view. The bonus amounts were up significantly from the $40,000 awards issued at UFC 95 in February but down slightly from the $65,000 UFC 94 bonuses in January.

The UFC announced the bonuses at the UFC 96 post-fight press conference and were confirmed by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

With seven of the evening's 10 bouts ending by knockout or TKO, the UFC had a difficult decision when it came to "Knockout of the Night." With no submission wins on the evening laying claim to a "Submission of the Night" bonus, the UFC elected not to award any additional awards.

Jackson and Jardine's main event was predicted by many to be a one-sided affair. The awkward, hulking "Dean of Mean" proved the naysayers wrong and pushed the former light-heavyweight champion to perform at his peak for 15 full minutes. The back-and-forth battle remained up in the air until the final bell, and while Jackson earned the win, the matchup earned both competitors a "Fight of the Night" bonus.

A battle between two elite-level wrestlers probably wasn't many people's pre-event choice as a potential "Knockout of the Night." But after whipping the Columbus crowd into a frenzy with his entrance, Hamill landed a devastating right high kick that left Mark Munoz unconscious and earned "The Hammer" the evening's bonus.

UFC 96 joins recent pay-per-view events UFC 92 and UFC 94 as show to end without a single submission victory. Prior to the three-month stretch, the most recent event to end without a submission was UFC Fight Night 7 on Dec. 13, 2006.

UFC 96
The full list of base paydays included:
Quinton Jackson: $325,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)
def. Keith Jardine: $55,000

Shane Carwin: $32,000 (includes $16,000 win bonus)
def. Gabriel Gonzaga: $60,000

Matt Brown: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Pete Sell: $12,000

Matt Hamill: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
def. Mark Munoz: $12,000

Gray Maynard: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Jim Miller: $9,000

Tamdan McCrory: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Ryan Madigan: $3,000

Kendall Grove: $44,000 (includes $22,000 win bonus)
def. Jason Day: $5,000

Jason Brilz: $10,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus)
def. Tim Boetsch: $12,000

Brandon Vera: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus)
def. Michael Patt: $5,000

Shane Nelson: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Aaron Riley: $6,000

:o

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 05:45:11 PM »
dana and the fertita's are a bunch of cheap motherfuckers.

rampage gets $325,0000 while shane carwin gets $22,000 !?! wtf

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 07:00:36 PM »
dana and the fertita's are a bunch of cheap motherfuckers.

rampage gets $325,0000 while shane carwin gets $22,000 !?! wtf

yep..add all them pay checks up and it don't compare to an above average boxers one fight payday.
DAWG

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 07:12:09 PM »
yep..add all them pay checks up and it don't compare to an above average boxers one fight payday.

Add all the paycheque's up compared to what the live gate + pay per view buys were and it's a godamn outrage...dana put more in his pocket then all the fighters combined x 2. That's bullshit.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »
Add all the paycheque's up compared to what the live gate + pay per view buys were and it's a godamn outrage...dana put more in his pocket then all the fighters combined x 2. That's bullshit.

Apparently these guys are no smarter than pro bbers. They allow this type of shit, so it happens. I'll never understand why someone would want to take beatings for a living...just to make a couple to a few thousand. I understand that not everyone on the card (of fighter for that matter) will get rich, but this is ridiculous.
HAHA, RON.....

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 09:09:03 PM »
Apparently these guys are no smarter than pro bbers. They allow this type of shit, so it happens. I'll never understand why someone would want to take beatings for a living...just to make a couple to a few thousand. I understand that not everyone on the card (of fighter for that matter) will get rich, but this is ridiculous.

I know the payouts should be more uniform, there shouldn't be a $300,000 difference between the headliners of the card and the bottom/preliminary bouts. I'm not saying pay them even but at least give the opening guys $40,000 win or lose, not $4,000 that's just a fucking insult when the top guy is getting $500,000-750,000$

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 12:35:05 AM »
I know the payouts should be more uniform, there shouldn't be a $300,000 difference between the headliners of the card and the bottom/preliminary bouts. I'm not saying pay them even but at least give the opening guys $40,000 win or lose, not $4,000 that's just a fucking insult when the top guy is getting $500,000-750,000$

I agree.
HAHA, RON.....