Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Liberal Hypocrisy

<< < (2/97) > >>

bears:

--- Quote from: Straw Man on July 23, 2014, 09:33:29 AM ---How is Moore "anti-capitalist"

Just because he criticizes the criminality of Wall Street and has issues with income inequality, wealth disparity, etc. doesn't make him "anti-capitalist"

I'm pretty sure you have to pay to see his movies

Just more bullshit from the right wing echo chamber

The question I have is do they know this meme is bullshit or are they really this stupid?

--- End quote ---

um yeah he made a movie showing how bad capitalism is.  and thousands of people went to see it and he made millions of dollars off of it. 

its called "fleecing the sheep".  and I think its hilarious. 

Straw Man:

--- Quote from: JOHN MATRIX on July 23, 2014, 09:51:02 AM ---His movie Capitalism: a love story, while it does have some funny/good parts, is clearly anti capitalist especially towards the end...it absolutely derides capitalism as a concept.

Surely you can see the hilarious irony in the guy who has made tons of wealth in a capitalist system...by bashing the wealthy and the capitalist system.

--- End quote ---

I assume you purchased a ticket to that movie (or in some way or another paid to see it)

Wasn't it mostly about the financial crisis, and the various abuses of our current form of capitalism?

I can't recall but did he speak out against the ownership of private property in that movie (I honestly can't recall which is why I am asking).  

BTW - according to this site (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=michaelmoore09.htm) the film cost 20 million to make and only grossed ~ 17.5 million worldwide so he definitely failed at that capitalist experiment (and I'm sure he would have preferred to have made a profit).  Granted I'm sure a large part of that 20 million in expenses was Moore's catering bill.  

Straw Man:

--- Quote from: bears on July 23, 2014, 10:09:38 AM ---um yeah he made a movie showing how bad capitalism is.  and thousands of people went to see it and he made millions of dollars off of it. 

its called "fleecing the sheep".  and I think its hilarious. 

--- End quote ---

he actually lost money

I assume you're aware of the difference between revenue and profit

If you aren't aware of some of the abuses of our current form of capitalism then you're most definitely part of the herd that is being fleeced

OzmO:
I am not a Michael Moore fan.  I think he's a fat loud mouthed slob.   His 911 movie was over dramatized and manipulative as far as i am concerned.

I didn't watch Capitalism a love story because of it.

But unless he's a member of the communist party, i don't see how its a direct hypocrisy.  Not even a indirectly really.

He's a capitalist for sure that has some issues about some facets or products of capitalism.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: OzmO on July 23, 2014, 10:20:21 AM ---I am not a Michael Moore fan.  I think he's a fat loud mouthed slob.   His 911 movie was over dramatized and manipulative as far as i am concerned.

I didn't watch Capitalism a love story because of it.

But unless he's a member of the communist party, i don't see how its a direct hypocrisy.  Not even a indirectly really.

He's a capitalist for sure that has some issues about some facets or products of capitalism.

--- End quote ---

You don't see a contradiction between someone railing against capitalism while at same time profiting off of capitalism?  And it's not just profiting, it's placing himself in the top one percent, using an anti-capaitalist message to get there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version