Author Topic: The Republican Party is Dead  (Read 48928 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: The Republican Party is Dead
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2014, 11:18:27 PM »
By LIBERAL standards, any bill that obama passes IS A SUCCESS because it furthers their fcked up agenda.

Just as any conservative would consider executive orders that successfully did these things:
   --- ended obamacare 100%
   --- ended entitlements
   --- indicted obama for war crimes
to be A SUCCESS.

Bush gave us PLENTY of executive orders that we could consider to be SUCCESSES, such as better military independence, slashed pork spending, energy, enemy combatants, and more:
http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/orders/

Even if "the american people" represented by Congress didn't agree with him.

Most, if not all of these bills were a SUCCESS because they made America stronger, and avoided the red tape, pork, addendums/ride-ons that destroy many good pieces of legislation.  Bush made the good stuff happen, even if it was unpopular, such as military commissions, enemy combatants, torture, etc. 

Don't you consider these Bush executive orders to be a SUCCESS, coach?

You keep living in the past. Last I checked Bush wasn't president. Why do keep bringing him up? Bush was vastly more successful than Obama. All of the bullshit the libs said about Bush is being proved wrong almost on a daily basis. OBama on the other hand was a failure before even taking office and quite frankly his qualifications only limit him to cleaning the officer instead of being any kind of executive. When are you gojg to admit obama is an utter failure that should be brought up on charges and given his due sentence.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2014, 11:19:46 PM »
Bottom line - In my own personal opinion, a bill is successful if it makes America stronger, and better.

Libs and Repubs agree - they just wear their own goggles saying what is better. 

We don't say it enough here on getbig, but we all love the USA... we just wear different kinds of goggles when looking at the things that should be done to make it better. 

None. Not ONE bill has made America stronger or better. That's a fact.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2014, 06:34:07 AM »
Shouldn't be too hard to beat someone that is an illegal occupant of the White House, wasn't born in the USA and is disqualified from holding office, has a failed health care system after him, crashed the economy, is destroying the country, supporting muslim terrorists, etc....

But yet the party rejected a conservative candidate and instead ran the most liberal one they had in Romney.    Yeah, that makes perfect sense and is a great argument, errrrr..... excuse for why Obama won a second term.
barking up the wrong tree there brain child. I never bought into the birther thing and like most govt ct's dont give it much if any credibiliity.

NOW, do you want to address the fact that entitlement are now more than 70% of the budget and growing?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2014, 06:35:44 AM »
Wise words.  I said that in 2009:
There were always the people who considered the pendulum theory to be ignorant:

And in the spirit of unity, I think you, me, and 80% of getbig would agree that:

ahhh why am I not surprised you would not only cut my quote in half by use it out of context....

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2014, 06:57:47 AM »
barking up the wrong tree there brain child. I never bought into the birther thing and like most govt ct's dont give it much if any credibiliity.

NOW, do you want to address the fact that entitlement are now more than 70% of the budget and growing?

Hey Tony, I'm not choosing sides here but the 70%-thing is hard to address for me because I have no idea what % other countries spend.   

Also, shouldn't entitlements (which I think means $ toward living expenses for mostly poor people) be expected to be one of the main expenses of a 1st world country?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2014, 07:16:59 AM »
Hey Tony, I'm not choosing sides here but the 70%-thing is hard to address for me because I have no idea what % other countries spend.   

Also, shouldn't entitlements (which I think means $ toward living expenses for mostly poor people) be expected to be one of the main expenses of a 1st world country?
HOLY SHIT SON, what does it matter what other countries spend on their entitlements?

you think over 70 cents of every dollar you give to the govt (assuming you pay income taxes) is ok?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2014, 07:50:03 AM »
HOLY SHIT SON, what does it matter what other countries spend on their entitlements?

you think over 70 cents of every dollar you give to the govt (assuming you pay income taxes) is ok?

I back you - until we include "social security" in the entitlements argument.

My grandpa works for 55 years and retires at age 69 or 70.   And he gets some snot-nosed politician saying that he isn't "entitled" to the $ he involuntary had taken away by the govt for over 5 decades.

Now, if you want to enact social security reform, I'm all for that.  But keep that a separate issue by not lumping it in with welfare moms.    I think we need SS reform in a BIG way - there are WAY too many people that have a heart attack at 40 due to weight/diabetes/general diabeetus that end up living off the govt teet for another 35 years, while working under table.  I'd beat them all with a fire hose.  No way should a person pay for 5 years and live off it for 50 years, we're in agreement.

So are you cool with removing "social security" from the list of "entitlements" when we bitch about them?  My grandpa would be pleased.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2014, 07:57:55 AM »

The so called "war on poverty" is a colossal failure! Giving people money, housing etc. accomplishes nothing but creating a ./gov dependent voter. Which ever side promises the most free shit gets the votes. It's going to be interesting see when it all comes crashing down and the ./gov checks stop going out. What are those millions of people going to do? Better be prepared to defend yourself from the welfare zombies when they come for your stuff........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2014, 08:18:24 AM »
I back you - until we include "social security" in the entitlements argument.

My grandpa works for 55 years and retires at age 69 or 70.   And he gets some snot-nosed politician saying that he isn't "entitled" to the $ he involuntary had taken away by the govt for over 5 decades.

Now, if you want to enact social security reform, I'm all for that.  But keep that a separate issue by not lumping it in with welfare moms.    I think we need SS reform in a BIG way - there are WAY too many people that have a heart attack at 40 due to weight/diabetes/general diabeetus that end up living off the govt teet for another 35 years, while working under table.  I'd beat them all with a fire hose.  No way should a person pay for 5 years and live off it for 50 years, we're in agreement.

So are you cool with removing "social security" from the list of "entitlements" when we bitch about them?  My grandpa would be pleased.
hey boss if you take more than you give, you didnt contribute overall you are a net drain. I agree you should get all of the money you gave in back and then some to compensate for the sacrifice.

social security is certainly an entitlement in certain situations.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2014, 09:57:10 AM »
And what successful achievements has the left brought? Almost everything they have passed has been done by executive order or behind the repubs back while on recess..(Obamacare, cough cough)

You mean the congress that has taken the most vacation in history while passing the least amt of legislation in history? that one? The one who shut downt he gov over a passed law (ACA), that effective group? regardless of what you think, this congress has been the most lame duck in history, it's not up for debate, we also witnessed history as their degree of obfuscation reached a climax with a GOP senator, fillibustering his own proposal lol. All they do is complain and try and deflect blame.

While they were on recess? LOL.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2014, 10:03:52 AM »
None. Not ONE bill has made America stronger or better. That's a fact.

Fact huh ::) Joe I am unsure you know what a fact is, because your opinion is not fact. His economic bills saved many key industries and have America bouncing back much faster then countries in similar peril, in fact he achieved what Romney claimed he would in 4 years, in only two. The ACA has been beneficial as it has reduced the number of uninsured, reduced health costs on the young and has seen a minor reduction in healthcare spending. However, more time is needed as you know with your level headed approach ::)

The deficit is shrinking faster then anytime in history largely due to a few of his economic policies, this was a crying point for the right (I dont' think its all that integral), but it's being done. His approach to both Ebola (you nutcases wanted flights/travel halted) and ISIS have been spot on, no americans dying, no massive spending etc.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »
You mean the congress that has taken the most vacation in history while passing the least amt of legislation in history? that one? The one who shut downt he gov over a passed law (ACA), that effective group? regardless of what you think, this congress has been the most lame duck in history, it's not up for debate, we also witnessed history as their degree of obfuscation reached a climax with a GOP senator, fillibustering his own proposal lol. All they do is complain and try and deflect blame.

While they were on recess? LOL.

You didn't answer the question. Lets try this again.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2014, 11:02:32 AM »
Fact huh ::) Joe I am unsure you know what a fact is, because your opinion is not fact. His economic bills saved many key industries and have America bouncing back much faster then countries in similar peril, in fact he achieved what Romney claimed he would in 4 years, in only two. The ACA has been beneficial as it has reduced the number of uninsured, reduced health costs on the young and has seen a minor reduction in healthcare spending. However, more time is needed as you know with your level headed approach ::)

The deficit is shrinking faster then anytime in history largely due to a few of his economic policies, this was a crying point for the right (I dont' think its all that integral), but it's being done. His approach to both Ebola (you nutcases wanted flights/travel halted) and ISIS have been spot on, no americans dying, no massive spending etc.
LMFAO what economic bills are you speaking of necrosis?

you do know that the sequester which you blame on the reps is responsible for the majority of the deficit reduction dont you?

so you blame the reps for shutting down the govt but give obama the credit for its benefits?

obamacare has actually increased the cost of healthcare and added to entitlements which already make up over 70% of the budget....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2014, 11:18:51 AM »
https://www.lordabbett.com/en/perspectives/economicinsights/dramatically-dropping-deficits-keep-dreaming.html

"1) The sequester cut spending after the first quarter of calendar 2013. It is, in fact, safe to say that the entire spending decline was due to it. Had it not occurred, the deficit would have come in at closer to $764 billion—still a significant improvement over fiscal 2012, but less dramatic than was actually recorded. Though the sequester will likely become more significant going forward, additional absolute cuts are unlikely."

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2014, 01:13:56 PM »

It matters at least some in that it gives us a basis of comparison, doesn't it?  I mean, if we're paying more but our citizens are receiving less (as seems to be the case with health care) I think that's worth knowing.

I'm not sure if 70% of the every dollar I pay in income tax going to entitlements is ok or not.  I guess it depends on what else needs to be paid for by tax money.  And I'm not well versed enough in the subject to have a strong opinion about it.  I'm all ears if you have more info/links about the subject, though.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2014, 04:09:48 PM »
social security is certainly an entitlement in certain situations.

I can find certain situations in ANY job, agency, etc where it's an entitlement.  Every school has an idiot with a clipboard making $62k a year that hides and does nothing.  Every fire station has a fat guy who doesn't go on calls or oversee anything, but has been there decades and just collects a check to be there.  Every police dept has a sgt whose job is covered by 2 other guys, who does nothing but sit at a desk all day and be redundant.

I don't consider police, teachers, and fire dept to be "entitlements".

Repubs need to take social securuty out of the speeches.   Just cause there are "some situations" doesn't mean most people are leeches.  YES, cut the welfare to near zero, cut it to 2-year limits, cut it for potheads, and slash most of those govt teet programs that are total garbage.

But they don't dare call it entitlements for the man who worked 55 years and now has to be mocked by 32 year old House members whose only job was college and running for city council.  fck them, that makes me mad.   How dare Paul Ryan say we need to raise the retirement age?  Tell grandpa that 55 years wasn't enough?  Work from the time you're 14 on... but no, 67, you are a liberal worthless prick trying to get some of your money back, that you earned in a lifetime of work?

and when the Paul Ryans of the world try to say this about VETERANS.... screw those politicians!    Take social security out of the definition, reform soc security to remove the fraud/waste, and yes, I back it 100%.  But hating on grandpa for wanting to reture before 70?  come on.  :(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2014, 04:36:23 PM »
It matters at least some in that it gives us a basis of comparison, doesn't it?  I mean, if we're paying more but our citizens are receiving less (as seems to be the case with health care) I think that's worth knowing.

I'm not sure if 70% of the every dollar I pay in income tax going to entitlements is ok or not.  I guess it depends on what else needs to be paid for by tax money.  And I'm not well versed enough in the subject to have a strong opinion about it.  I'm all ears if you have more info/links about the subject, though.
no a comparison doesnt matter for shit, the issue is what really needs to be paid for by our tax dollars....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2014, 04:37:29 PM »
I can find certain situations in ANY job, agency, etc where it's an entitlement.  Every school has an idiot with a clipboard making $62k a year that hides and does nothing.  Every fire station has a fat guy who doesn't go on calls or oversee anything, but has been there decades and just collects a check to be there.  Every police dept has a sgt whose job is covered by 2 other guys, who does nothing but sit at a desk all day and be redundant.

I don't consider police, teachers, and fire dept to be "entitlements".

Repubs need to take social securuty out of the speeches.   Just cause there are "some situations" doesn't mean most people are leeches.  YES, cut the welfare to near zero, cut it to 2-year limits, cut it for potheads, and slash most of those govt teet programs that are total garbage.

But they don't dare call it entitlements for the man who worked 55 years and now has to be mocked by 32 year old House members whose only job was college and running for city council.  fck them, that makes me mad.   How dare Paul Ryan say we need to raise the retirement age?  Tell grandpa that 55 years wasn't enough?  Work from the time you're 14 on... but no, 67, you are a liberal worthless prick trying to get some of your money back, that you earned in a lifetime of work?

and when the Paul Ryans of the world try to say this about VETERANS.... screw those politicians!    Take social security out of the definition, reform soc security to remove the fraud/waste, and yes, I back it 100%.  But hating on grandpa for wanting to reture before 70?  come on.  :(
like I said brainchild if youre taking more than you put in yes its an entitlement.

How much did your grandpa put in?

How much has he taken out?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2014, 04:42:17 PM »
like I said brainchild if youre taking more than you put in yes its an entitlement.

How much did your grandpa put in?

How much has he taken out?

But like I said... People "take out more than they take in", in just about every industry and division of govt.  Surely some members of congress whose inactivity is noted, would fall into that category.

But we don't include them.   So why include social security?

IMO, we should revamp SS completely.  And we should take it out of that entitlement word.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2014, 05:04:55 PM »
But like I said... People "take out more than they take in", in just about every industry and division of govt.  Surely some members of congress whose inactivity is noted, would fall into that category.

But we don't include them.   So why include social security?

IMO, we should revamp SS completely.  And we should take it out of that entitlement word.
agreed lets get rid of all the waste and chains around our necks instead of doing exactly what you just condemned politicians for.

If youre taking out more than you put in youre a net drain....and yes thats an entitlement

how much did your grandpa put in 240?

how much has he taken out?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2014, 05:39:05 PM »
agreed lets get rid of all the waste and chains around our necks instead of doing exactly what you just condemned politicians for.

If youre taking out more than you put in youre a net drain....and yes thats an entitlement

how much did your grandpa put in 240?

how much has he taken out?

I dont know his numbers. 

I'm saying if you want to shame 100% of welfare moms by calling it entitlement, i'm not going to disagree with you.
But wanting to shame everyone who gets SS - and by calling it entitlements, you DO... that disgusts me.

I'm all for locking up 100% of those punk asses getting a SS check while working and cutting off those who get it and haven't put in.

But IMO, no person who EVER worked 5 decades and paid in, and is just about to start it, should have to face shame of a politician shitting on them for entitlements.  They worked, they earned, ,they don't deserve that. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2014, 06:19:02 PM »
I dont know his numbers. 

I'm saying if you want to shame 100% of welfare moms by calling it entitlement, i'm not going to disagree with you.
But wanting to shame everyone who gets SS - and by calling it entitlements, you DO... that disgusts me.

I'm all for locking up 100% of those punk asses getting a SS check while working and cutting off those who get it and haven't put in.

But IMO, no person who EVER worked 5 decades and paid in, and is just about to start it, should have to face shame of a politician shitting on them for entitlements.  They worked, they earned, ,they don't deserve that. 
its a very simple equation 240.

what you take out > what you put in = entitlement

It doesnt matter if youre a welfare mom or a person who paid in 40 years.

We can talk about who is more deserving of that entitlement but it doesnt change the fact that they are both receiving entitlements...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2014, 06:20:50 PM »
They worked, they earned, ,they don't deserve that. 
If youre taking out more than you put in, you dont deserve that....thats an entitlement!!!

again you can argue who is more deserving of that entitlement but its still an entitlement

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2014, 07:22:05 PM »
nah its hard to beat someone who promises the majority of people shit while taking from others.

Entitlements are already over 70% of the budget and thanks to programs like the the last promise (Obamacare) will continue to grow at a good clip for the forseeable future.

The problem with the democrats platform is that it is extremely short sighted....sooner or later they wont be able to cut defense spending or tax enough to support all the promises they make during the campaigns.

They were growing under Republicans as well....but the Republicans and conservatives have brainwashed you into thinking otherwise.....so you continue to believe the myth of Republican financial austerity....but the actually spend as much as /democrats...its just that Dems actually tax and pay for it...Repubs spend and borrow.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »
So what you're really saying is you can't say what his successful (meaning popular) policies are. Can you.

of course I can....I have about 15 or 20 that come to mind right away but again why waste my time?...you will still deny it anyway won't you? 8)