Getbig Alternative Boards > Y Board - The Player's Club

The Y board lifting thread

<< < (2074/2123) > >>

Grape Ape:

--- Quote from: CalvinH on May 13, 2022, 05:15:34 AM ---One of the gyms I go to added a sled and I did that instead of squats the last few weeks and when I did squats last night I was stronger.

--- End quote ---

Sled can be brutal, especially if you use the low handles.

CalvinH:
Alternating between squats one week and sled the next. I like it and I find I can add more weight to the sled almost every workout.

Grape Ape:

--- Quote from: CalvinH on May 27, 2022, 08:16:45 AM ---Alternating between squats one week and sled the next. I like it and I find I can add more weight to the sled almost every workout.

--- End quote ---

Sled is awesome, but also fun.

All that functional shit - battle ropes, sled, mace, landmine, etc.......so much better than the boring.  Mixing it in with the basics is perfect.

CalvinH:
What I've been doing lately is slow reps with hardly and time between sets.usually just a 10 count before I start my next set.
30 sec max when adding weight and have to load plates.I like this because I'm in and out of the gym fast but getting a great pump.

Grape Ape:

--- Quote from: CalvinH on June 07, 2022, 08:09:42 PM ---What I've been doing lately is slow reps with hardly and time between sets.usually just a 10 count before I start my next set.
30 sec max when adding weight and have to load plates.I like this because I'm in and out of the gym fast but getting a great pump.

--- End quote ---

This is easier on the joints too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version