Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

Culter and high volume

<< < (3/3)

big E:
Matt Hughes, Chuck Liddel, Randy Coulture, Rich Franklin  top guys in MMA
i dont think there on gear, Arvloski maybe? Im sure most are juiced in Pride.  As for other sports i dont know cause i dont watch.

Arnold jr:

--- Quote from: Bear03 on October 16, 2005, 10:48:55 AM ---it works for me  :)

I think jay's training method is better when incorperated into your training, not followed to a T. 

--- End quote ---
That's exactly right, like its been said a million times, everyones body is different and will react different to certain types of training, diet etc. I personally get more out of high volume training but each bodypart varies with the amount of sets.  For example, the only way I have had any success with my quads and back is extremally high volume, 20-24 sets for quads and around 18-20 for back.  Yeah that's a lot of sets but it has worked the best so far.  As for shoulders and chest I have found that 12-15 sets seems to work really well, and bi's and tries I will only do 8 or 9 sets.  For each set in every body part I never go below 6 reps and usually stick between 8-12; but for quads I will often go as high as 15-20 reps for some of my sets.

I would suggest to anyone trying to develop a solid training style to experiment with each bodypart.  Try higher and lower amounts of sets for each muscle group until you find the combination that works best for you

JamieX4200:
what do you suggest a good bulking set/rep would be?  Also what about a cutting set/rep would be?  Also whats your opinion on switching up your workouts, example barbell curls instead of dumbells?

Arnold jr:

--- Quote from: JamieX4200 on October 18, 2005, 09:34:33 PM ---what do you suggest a good bulking set/rep would be?  Also what about a cutting set/rep would be?  Also whats your opinion on switching up your workouts, example barbell curls instead of dumbells?

--- End quote ---
Experiment, don't get stuck in the mind set that if it worked for one person it will work for you, and always remember there is no set plan no routine of sets and reps that is magic.

As for switching your workouts, absolutely, change is good and necessary.  Changing the exercises performed, or just changing the order in which they are done are all usefull.  Sometimes you might find it helpfull to instead of doing lets say 3 exercises for 4 sets each, to do 2 for six sets each.  But it really doesn't matter how you change it up so as long as you do in order to keep your body from adapting.  Start paying noticing the guys in your gym who are consistant in their training, but they never change their routines.  Every gym I have been in has a few of these guys.  Every workout for every muscle group is the same every time, and so is their progress.  It becomes stagnate which is the last thing you want.

NoCalBbEr:
i dont really change my routines upchange the routinesup much. as far as sets, do what you feel . sometime you can go 4sets then next go with three. so just do what u feel is right.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version