Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Logs and Info

IroNat

<< < (3/374) > >>

IroNat:
Took a weeks vacation.

Over vacation did bodyweight squats and calf raises along with isometrics for chest, shoulders, arms and hamstrings & quads.

Currently have tennis elbow (not from playing tennis) so have to work around it.  No pulling or straining the hands.

Did the same today and may continue it until my elbow gets better.

oldtimer1:

--- Quote from: IroNat on July 22, 2018, 02:26:46 PM ---Took a weeks vacation.

Over vacation did bodyweight squats and calf raises along with isometrics for chest, shoulders, arms and hamstrings & quads.

Currently have tennis elbow (not from playing tennis) so have to work around it.  No pulling or straining the hands.

Did the same today and may continue it until my elbow gets better.

--- End quote ---

I have elbow pain from time to time. Certain tricep exercises hurt it and some don't. I usually do the ones that don't hurt.

IroNat:

--- Quote from: oldtimer1 on July 22, 2018, 07:11:18 PM ---I have elbow pain from time to time. Certain tricep exercises hurt it and some don't. I usually do the ones that don't hurt.

--- End quote ---

This is on the outer side of my elbow and is tied into the forearm muscles.

Gripping anything irritates it.

oldtimer1:
Stretch your hand bending the fingers backward. Put a couple of strong rubber bands around you finger tips and practice opening your fingers. Practice a slow cadence on tricep exercises with lighter weight with a full range of motion.

Certain tricep exercises don't bother my elbow region when it acts up. This is just me. Dips, straight bar tricep extension; D handle reverse grip pulley push downs; narrow grip bench and two hands single dumbbell with moderate weight sitting tricep extensions behind the head.

Tricep exercise that hurt like hell are skull crushers, single dumbbell behind the head extensions, rope push downs, and tricep machines. What I'm trying to say is maybe there are some exercises that won't irritate your situation.

IroNat:

--- Quote from: oldtimer1 on July 24, 2018, 04:48:46 AM ---Stretch your hand bending the fingers backward. Put a couple of strong rubber bands around you finger tips and practice opening your fingers. Practice a slow cadence on tricep exercises with lighter weight with a full range of motion.

Certain tricep exercises don't bother my elbow region when it acts up. This is just me. Dips, straight bar tricep extension; D handle reverse grip pulley push downs; narrow grip bench and two hands single dumbbell with moderate weight sitting tricep extensions behind the head.

Tricep exercise that hurt like hell are skull crushers, single dumbbell behind the head extensions, rope push downs, and tricep machines. What I'm trying to say is maybe there are some exercises that won't irritate your situation.

--- End quote ---

Good advices.

The problem is right now I can't grip anything without pain and irritation.  Really limits what I can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version