Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

Strength training with free weights is more effective than machines

<< < (2/4) > >>

oldtimer1:
Pick stuff up and put it down. It's not rocket science. The more I read about exercise physiology the less I know. One thing for sure. In the words of Jeff Preston, "Until pigs know how to fly you don't need to be a scientist to be a bodybuilder."  No need to google for answers from questionable  and conflicting sources.

There is just no way that sitting in machines will build athletic attributes. I couldn't imagine sitting in machines for all my exercises.  Bill Starr was right. If you want to build a better athlete using weights to supplement you could do it with three exercises. It would be an Olympic lift like a power clean, squat and a press.

antonio8t:
I also prefer free weights, but it depends on each day of the week, and in what mood do I have. Anyway, before making any basic training, I do prefer to use Chirp wheel, because it can help with adjusting my spinal muscles and stretch them up. I also use it for my sides as well. You can visit this escapemonthly resource to get more useful information about this workout stuff.

bhank:
Machines are great for training around injures

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: bhank on May 04, 2021, 05:40:08 AM ---Machines are great for training around injures

--- End quote ---
Rest is even better.

sortfnatty:
aside from a bit of balance, i believe resistance is resistance and machines can offer a bit more safety for those prone to injury...but i agree people need more rest not more training, especially if not juicing...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version