Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

Too Much High-Intensity Exercise May Be Bad for Your Health

<< < (2/4) > >>

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: IroNat on April 07, 2021, 01:55:17 PM ---Do you think I could get a grant to do a study on Getbig?

--- End quote ---
The scientific world would not like the results. ;D

sortfnatty:
I've always wondered if high intensity and straining is actually good for you? May "stimulate don't annihilate" is the way to go....

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: sortfnatty on November 21, 2021, 07:17:29 PM ---I've always wondered if high intensity and straining is actually good for you? May "stimulate don't annihilate" is the way to go....

--- End quote ---
It is.

oldtimer1:
A study of 11 guys?  Sound comprehensive. This is HIIT cardio and not lifting. I do agree too much High intensity exercise is bad for the mind and body. It does have it's value.

I read a great book for runners in the 60's called LSD.  The writer Joe Henderson ran brutally hard in high school and college track. He reached burn out where his performance was getting worse and his spirit was gone. He decided to give up competitive running and just run for enjoyment. He would go out for long slow distance and just enjoy being out in the weather running. No intervals,  tempo runs or fartlek.  He found his depression leaving. Now running was fun again. He entered a race and ran better than he ever ran before. All without training to the ragged edge every time. It might have cross over value to lifting protocols.

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: oldtimer1 on November 23, 2021, 06:55:49 PM ---A study of 11 guys?  Sound comprehensive. This is HIIT cardio and not lifting. I do agree too much High intensity exercise is bad for the mind and body. It does have it's value.

I read a great book for runners in the 60's called LSD.  The writer Joe Henderson ran brutally hard in high school and college track. He reached burn out where his performance was getting worse and his spirit was gone. He decided to give up competitive running and just run for enjoyment. He would go out for long slow distance and just enjoy being out in the weather running. No intervals,  tempo runs or fartlek.  He found his depression leaving. Now running was fun again. He entered a race and ran better than he ever ran before. All without training to the ragged edge every time. It might have cross over value to lifting protocols.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, these studies are always flawed and that is one of the biggest reasons. You can't get any useful info testing 11 people. One or two outliers completely skew the results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version