Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 822996 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2007, 10:17:21 AM »
Ive gone directly straight down into the side horseshoe head w/ 5/8" & small shots and not a prob.
Ive had some short term tendonitis type symptoms a couple times going in around the upper back part, angeling
the length of the tri.
Yeah, that's where I put it...getting around to the back side seems a little difficult IMO. Oh, and for the record, that same day i also put half a c in both bi's. I was going to train arms and I knew I'd get a cool tight feeling if I did this a few hrs before...ha ha, lame I know.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2007, 10:36:37 AM »
Yeah, that's where I put it...getting around to the back side seems a little difficult IMO. Oh, and for the record, that same day i also put half a c in both bi's. I was going to train arms and I knew I'd get a cool tight feeling if I did this a few hrs before...ha ha, lame I know.

Ive got some severe bruising by working bi's w/ a fresh oil shot in there.
I think if you hit them fully pumped up is better, Try about 10cc of Tprop & Stan & steril oils, better throw in some extra BA too. ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2007, 09:16:05 PM »
I got my blood work done yesterday, while on cycle. Everything came back great, no elevated enzymes, no cholesterol problems, and this is on 1g of test per wk with a course of other things...I've also been on going on 16wks...only one thing. Apparently something came up that showed I had a electrolyte imbalance, basically I'm a little bit dehydrated, which is weird IMO because I drink 2g of water everyday.

The reason I went and had the blood work done was because I had what i thought was a weird rash appearing on both my legs below the knees...I thought it was just poison ivy, but after going to the pharmacy they informed this was not poison ivy and that I should go the doctor. Apparently, this rash looking thing is under the skin, and is not a rash but rather a bunch of broken capillaries. According to the doc, who I informed about everything I'm on and everything I do, because of the electrolyte imbalance, this is what caused this. So for the next few days the doc said to stay out of the heat and to drink a lot of extra water, I'm also going to get some pedialite (sp).

I thought this while thing was kind of weird, so I thought I'd share.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2007, 09:39:20 PM »
I got my blood work done yesterday, while on cycle. Everything came back great, no elevated enzymes, no cholesterol problems, and this is on 1g of test per wk with a course of other things...I've also been on going on 16wks...only one thing. Apparently something came up that showed I had a electrolyte imbalance, basically I'm a little bit dehydrated, which is weird IMO because I drink 2g of water everyday.

The reason I went and had the blood work done was because I had what i thought was a weird rash appearing on both my legs below the knees...I thought it was just poison ivy, but after going to the pharmacy they informed this was not poison ivy and that I should go the doctor. Apparently, this rash looking thing is under the skin, and is not a rash but rather a bunch of broken capillaries. According to the doc, who I informed about everything I'm on and everything I do, because of the electrolyte imbalance, this is what caused this. So for the next few days the doc said to stay out of the heat and to drink a lot of extra water, I'm also going to get some pedialite (sp).

I found it extreemly hard to stay hydrated on the very low carb diet, I was watching my sodium too.  I was dinking about 3 gallons of fluid a day and was still thirsty!  And it was winter up here so the weather or my job was not doing it.  i think the low carbs and sodium dont help as far as your body holding on to any water.  It seemed the hardest part of the diet is drinking enough water! Be carefull AJ that pedialite is sugar.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2007, 10:34:23 PM »
I found it extreemly hard to stay hydrated on the very low carb diet, I was watching my sodium too.  I was dinking about 3 gallons of fluid a day and was still thirsty!  And it was winter up here so the weather or my job was not doing it.  i think the low carbs and sodium dont help as far as your body holding on to any water.  It seemed the hardest part of the diet is drinking enough water! Be carefull AJ that pedialite is sugar.

Hadn't bought any yet, but didn't realize that it was sugar...the doc recommended this, but you just nixed that.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2007, 04:18:15 AM »
Hadn't bought any yet, but didn't realize that it was sugar...the doc recommended this, but you just nixed that.

Well check it out, there is sugars in there I could not find the ingredients list but thats the idea sugars and salts to help rehydrate.  Its similar to Gatorade, but I have not seen the info.  But its carbs for sure, Gatorade (sugar too) is supposedly as effective as Pedialyte

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2007, 05:09:23 AM »

This is good to hear, I consider it a necessity for anyone who's gonna mess w/ this stuff to get a idea whats up w/ blood panels ON & OFF.
Your results echos my experiences w/ doses that I will not even tell my Jerk Primary Physician.
If he knew how much I was REALLY on during some of the tests he's pulled - He'd die. :o
He upset  'cause he looks like a malnourished worm and thinks He's SO Healthy ::)
I have better lipids than him! ;D I told him maybee some Test would help, he wasn't amused.
He just got divorced too, maybe I'm TOO correct!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2007, 06:43:04 PM »
Pedialite is an infant or small child formula for upset stomachs but is similar to Gatorade or anything in that category. A lot of bodybuilders use it right after a show, that night and next day because of the lengthy time without water.

I drank some after my last show in the evening, before the big post show meal then sipped the rest the next day. Did not feel the sugar bloat associated with the other drinks. But then again, I was soooo delpleted of everything so probably wouldn't even notice if I did get bloated! So my advice is sip is slowly and only drink part of it. Maybe even dillute it a bit with water....

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2007, 09:48:23 AM »
I drink it after cutting water weight before a weigh in for powerlifting. i've cut 12 pounds in one day, all water. the minute i get off the scale i drink it mixed with gatorade. works really well.

my last comp i went from 228 friday morning down to 217 by 6pm. then i drank the PL mixed with Gator, had a good meal and was 224 the next morning and hit 2 PR's.

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2007, 10:00:23 AM »
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/cutting_weight.htm

Check this link for Vicious Hardcore Nat  Making Weight tips.
His Pics aint bad, check the bacne scars too ;).

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2007, 12:23:10 PM »
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/cutting_weight.htm

Check this link for Vicious Hardcore Nat  Making Weight tips.
His Pics aint bad, check the bacne scars too ;).

Wow, that is very similar to what i do. he has alot of good points like not doing cardio. sometimes i'll shadow box in the sauna.

one little trick i learned was to chop up ginger root and place it in a sock. then soak in a burning hot bath with the sock for as long as you can stand. after 1 hour i lost almost 6 pounds. then i go to the gym and sit in the sauna for as long as i can stand, another 6-8 pounds. i repeat this proccess all day until i am 2 pounds under because scales vary. i eat baked chicken only and drink nothing all day. i bring a gallon of gator with the PL mixed in and an ultimate cheeseburger from jacknthebox to the weighin. i eat it walking out of the weighin area.

i've done this as a natural and enhanced...i don't like duretics so i've never even tried them.

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2007, 12:38:37 PM »
I'd rather eat my way into a weight class ;) That dehydration sounds way severe.
Lots of good stuff on that web site. But Lots'a BBers wont like the fat boys...

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2007, 12:56:33 PM »
I'd rather eat my way into a weight class ;) That dehydration sounds way severe.
Lots of good stuff on that web site. But Lots'a BBers wont like the fat boys...

i feel like complete shit when cutting water but it's worth being in a better weight class.

i started in the 198's and ate my way up to 220 and then cycled my way up to 242...lol

i'm still pretty lean at 242 and have a full 6 pack at 220.

i don't like the fat powerlifter scene but that's the way the sport works. i tend to stay with my own group of guys who brought me into this. most of them have state records and none of them compete over 242. good group of bros...

8)

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2007, 06:38:57 PM »
i feel like complete shit when cutting water but it's worth being in a better weight class.

i started in the 198's and ate my way up to 220 and then cycled my way up to 242...lol

i'm still pretty lean at 242 and have a full 6 pack at 220.

i don't like the fat powerlifter scene but that's the way the sport works. i tend to stay with my own group of guys who brought me into this. most of them have state records and none of them compete over 242. good group of bros...

8)

Slightly different topic, but in strongman how/why do you think Pudzianowski stays so lean while the rest of them are chunky?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2007, 07:11:07 PM »
Genetics, HE also does do a ton of activity all day if you've read his stuff. The way certian drugs react in HIS body. Victor Conde says the future of sports doping is in individualizing sups and drugs to the persons own body. Look how AAS+insulin + HGH reacts in SOME guys. But Not all.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2007, 01:42:17 PM »
So my gym has turned completely gay in the music they play. Apparently there have been several complaints about the music and now the music they do play is well, again, totally gay. For example, this past wk I actually heard Boy George, I also heard Frank Sinatra...nothing wrong with Sinatra IMO, but while trying to lift, I mean come on. :P

Now I do have an iPod, so I'm definitely iPod bound 100% of the time now. I know threads are started all the time about what's the best lifting music but I want some of what you guys like. I like hard stuff but need some new bands. My favorites are Metallica, Pantera, Arch Enemy and Children of Bodom to give you an idea...anybody got some favorites along these line I might not know about?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: June 24, 2007, 03:17:53 PM »
So my gym has turned completely gay in the music they play. Apparently there have been several complaints about the music and now the music they do play is well, again, totally gay. For example, this past wk I actually heard Boy George, I also heard Frank Sinatra...nothing wrong with Sinatra IMO, but while trying to lift, I mean come on. :P

Now I do have an iPod, so I'm definitely iPod bound 100% of the time now. I know threads are started all the time about what's the best lifting music but I want some of what you guys like. I like hard stuff but need some new bands. My favorites are Metallica, Pantera, Arch Enemy and Children of Bodom to give you an idea...anybody got some favorites along these line I might not know about?

Damn they played Boy George and Sinatra??  Man that is some crappy stuff to train to.  Me I like a wide range of music and have trained to some goofy stuff Im sure some would laugh at...rightfully so. Man I dont even know what they play at my gym....MP3 player is almost always on.

Hard stuff maybe some Drowning Pool, Marylin Mansion, Incubus, switchfoot, system of a down, Bush, Linkin Park, Rage againt the machine, Audioslave,   Theres a few you might like.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #167 on: June 24, 2007, 05:45:15 PM »
Korn, Disturbed, Mudvayne, Papa Roach, and System of a Down are pretty good for lifting too IMO

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: June 24, 2007, 07:00:56 PM »
I cant listen to that crap like AJ's talkn and lift. ANother reason for home gym. ANd earphones are hard to wear and do some movments.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #169 on: June 24, 2007, 08:49:32 PM »
I cant listen to that crap like AJ's talkn and lift. ANother reason for home gym. ANd earphones are hard to wear and do some movments.
Because of the wire? That's why I run it underneath my shirt.

BTW, AJ's music, that's straight up champion lifting music ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2007, 03:34:01 AM »

BTW, AJ's music, that's straight up champion lifting music ;D

LOL Luving that kind of talk  :D Champ!

For the last 3 years I have been training with the MP3 in and dont see how I didnt start earlier.  Keeps you focused and you dont have to hear every a-holes conversation while training. Also sometimes right before I step into the zone I may put on an extreemly motivating song and push out and extra rep or 2. Plus it tells most people in an indirect way to not bother me. 

Great for cardio too when all the hens are clucking away about their trivial lives....with the headphones in I dont have to hear it.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2007, 05:38:56 AM »
Well check it out, there is sugars in there I could not find the ingredients list but thats the idea sugars and salts to help rehydrate.  Its similar to Gatorade, but I have not seen the info.  But its carbs for sure, Gatorade (sugar too) is supposedly as effective as Pedialyte

I believe it has Dextrose in it.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2007, 05:40:55 AM »

I know what you mean about the music. They play some bizarre shit at the gym. I can usually tune it out but I think it's time to get the iPod out full time again (but that's after an incident - which is a story for another time).

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2007, 08:45:17 AM »

For the last 3 years I have been training with the MP3 in and dont see how I didnt start earlier.  Keeps you focused and you dont have to hear every a-holes conversation while training. Also sometimes right before I step into the zone I may put on an extreemly motivating song and push out and extra rep or 2. Plus it tells most people in an indirect way to not bother me. 

Great for cardio too when all the hens are clucking away about their trivial lives....with the headphones in I dont have to hear it.
Doesn't work for me anymore, people still come up and just start talking while the headphones are in my ear. It's basically a constant bombardment of training/diet questions and comments along with asking me about my own contest prep. In one way it's flattering but in a much larger way it gets on my nerves big time. Now I don't mind talking to people at the gym I don't mind a little chit chat in between a set now and then, as long as it's brief and just chit chat...I don't want to discuss your training plan for the next 2yrs. I have actually had people come up and just start talking while I'm in the middle of a set, actually doing a set, earphones in and they just start yapping. I guess I could start being an asshole and yelling at people, or I could even nicely say something, but this would still label you as an asshole, and that's bad for rep which In my case is important to me. Guess it's just one of those things you got to deal with.

LOL Luving that kind of talk  :D Champ!

Hey, you know how we speak!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2007, 08:59:33 AM »
There is this one guy that ALWAYS starts talking to me while i'm in the middle of a set. he's always talking about these girls he met at a club and what should he do about them. i think he's got a few screws loose because it seems like he tells me the same 3 stories over and over just with different girls names. he's a big guy and does 1/4 reps for everything, he said it puts more tension on the muscle that way...lol

i told him off a few times and he still comes up and talks to me in the middle of a set...drives me nuts. sometimes when i have my headphones on i just turn my back on him and pretend i don't see him.

i don't mind chatting for a minute but this guy will go on and on for like 15 minutes. i'll be doing my sets and he will just go on and on about his girl problems.

8)