Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 825694 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2007, 09:11:08 AM »
There is this one guy that ALWAYS starts talking to me while i'm in the middle of a set. he's always talking about these girls he met at a club and what should he do about them. i think he's got a few screws loose because it seems like he tells me the same 3 stories over and over just with different girls names. he's a big guy and does 1/4 reps for everything, he said it puts more tension on the muscle that way...lol

i told him off a few times and he still comes up and talks to me in the middle of a set...drives me nuts. sometimes when i have my headphones on i just turn my back on him and pretend i don't see him.

i don't mind chatting for a minute but this guy will go on and on for like 15 minutes. i'll be doing my sets and he will just go on and on about his girl problems.

8)
Every gym must have this guy...maybe the one at my gym is related to the one at yours. And you're right, this guy is the absolute worst.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2007, 09:13:14 AM »
Every gym must have this guy...maybe the one at my gym is related to the one at yours. And you're right, this guy is the absolute worst.

I think it's a requirement for membership or something.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2007, 10:23:48 AM »
Those are the same kind that cant work and talk at the same time.

You need to get a little tough AJ, your too nice. If you stand out your gona get the treatment.
Or just put on The Bad Ass persona while ya make a lot of iron move ;)
Make everyone keep  20ft  away.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #178 on: June 25, 2007, 10:58:17 AM »

You need to get a little tough AJ, your too nice. If you stand out your gona get the treatment.
In one way the badass persona can be cool, but in more ways it's nothing but trouble. It's this "badass" persona that's running bodybuilders out of gym all over the country. "Running bodybuilders out of gyms!" That statement doesn't even begin to make sense, that's like saying we're going to run doctors out of hospitals, or firemen out of the fire department, or cooks out of the kitchen. But in the case of BB, that's what's happening all over the place, and a lot of it is thanks to the badass persona many wanna be BB's display.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #179 on: June 25, 2007, 11:15:52 AM »

That doesn't always work.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2007, 11:20:30 AM »
In one way the badass persona can be cool, but in more ways it's nothing but trouble. It's this "badass" persona that's running bodybuilders out of gym all over the country. "Running bodybuilders out of gyms!" That statement doesn't even begin to make sense, that's like saying we're going to run doctors out of hospitals, or firemen out of the fire department, or cooks out of the kitchen. But in the case of BB, that's what's happening all over the place, and a lot of it is thanks to the badass persona many wanna be BB's display.

There's a lota jerks that deserve to be run out'a the Gyms, But The Brutal Fact is... They dont LIKE US even a little bit!
Face it, We: 1. Come all the time.  2. Wear out equipment at a accelerated rate. 3. scare "Normal" People. 4. They consider us all along the lines ofl "Drug Addicts... the list goes on.... Maybe we can file for Minority Status ??? ;D$>

At the Pool yesterday, Me and 1 other guy were the only guys remotely in shape and Im a Old busted up const worker.
The Women didnt score any better. My wife and 1 life guard and a chick w/ some nice tats :P were the ONLY BANGABLE GIRLS! This is WRONG!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2007, 11:52:32 AM »

There's a lota jerks that deserve to be run out'a the Gyms, But The Brutal Fact is... They dont LIKE US even a little bit!
Face it, We: 1. Come all the time.  2. Wear out equipment at a accelerated rate. 3. scare "Normal" People. 4. They consider us all along the lines ofl "Drug Addicts... the list goes on.... Maybe we can file for Minority Status ??? ;D$>

At the Pool yesterday, Me and 1 other guy were the only guys remotely in shape and Im a Old busted up const worker.
The Women didnt score any better. My wife and 1 life guard and a chick w/ some nice tats :P were the ONLY BANGABLE GIRLS! This is WRONG!

Well said.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2007, 12:55:06 PM »
Ahhh, the music and the members. Didn't you guys say you worked out at Lifetime?? Music is horrible!!! Can't squat to the Beach Boys, sorry. ANd sorry Boy George, I won't tumble for ya'

I do wear an ipod up thru the shirt like AJ. Never gets in the way. And my way of handling the bombarding questions from the no-gym-ediquite members, is to turn my music up so I can not hear them when they walk by and say hi. That way, I don't acknowledge them so they think I can not hear them. Sometimes I do and still pretend that I am engulfed in my music. The head down, towel over the head after a hard set is usually a non invite for them to talk to me as well!! Most of them know to just stay away  >:(

Music of choice rotates from hard rock to hip hop. Love old school hip hop when working out.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2007, 01:31:24 PM »
Ahhh, the music and the members. Didn't you guys say you worked out at Lifetime?? Music is horrible!!! Can't squat to the Beach Boys, sorry. ANd sorry Boy George, I won't tumble for ya'

I workout at Lifetime - the music pretty much sucks (they play some weird shit). However, I can usually tune it out, even doing that you'd be surprized the songs I know & have memorized.  :-\

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2007, 02:33:51 PM »
I workout at Lifetime - the music pretty much sucks (they play some weird shit). However, I can usually tune it out, even doing that you'd be surprized the songs I know & have memorized.  :-\

Same thing at LA Fitness...

they play the same stuff all day...i think i have them all memorized and it sucks. it's the worst when you're getting pumped up for a heavy set and something gay comes on.

I listen to House/Dance music...Paul Oakenfold. i need something with a good beat.

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2007, 05:22:29 PM »
To me, the right music is real important workin out.  I'm not a  Country fan except for some stuff like Waylon's rowdier stuff.
Had me a HOT 33 yr old gal when I was 22, But She Loved sex to COUNTRY MUSIC! :'( Damn...
Well, she had such a rockn body, World Class Legs & Ass, and a insatiable appetite, that I learned to just put up w/ it for the duration ;D.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2007, 06:34:12 AM »
Well i guess i'm lucky that way, the gym i go to isn't that super hardcore like it use to be, but still it's way more "hardcore" than 99.99% of other places. There's allways HEAVY METAL playing loud and if for some reason it isn't i'll go and change it to iron Maiden or something like that...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2007, 11:12:02 AM »

Just think of the torture I had to endure when I worked there! There was a stretch last summer when they did play a bit more dance and techno but someone complained about that too. So, Beach Boys and Boy George it is!

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2007, 05:40:22 PM »
You guys need to check out "Everybody" by Stabilo Boss
U

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »
Just think of the torture I had to endure when I worked there! There was a stretch last summer when they did play a bit more dance and techno but someone complained about that too. So, Beach Boys and Boy George it is!

If I had to be there eight hours a day I'd probably blow my brains out.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #190 on: June 28, 2007, 07:03:31 PM »
Try 12-15 hours and hearing the same songs over and over....the guy who is Lifetime's music coordinator says he picks music dependant on the geography. So Michigan will have differant music than Arizona. Sounds like it is crap no matter what part of the country it is.

Luckily I survived with brains in tact.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2007, 07:24:06 PM »
Try 12-15 hours and hearing the same songs over and over....the guy who is Lifetime's music coordinator says he picks music dependant on the geography. So Michigan will have differant music than Arizona. Sounds like it is crap no matter what part of the country it is.

Luckily I survived with brains in tact.
Thinking music should be based on geography? That's insanity!
Hey, I live in the Nash area, and I think we all know what kind of music it's famous for...but I can assure you 100% that other genres thrive her just as well.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2007, 07:46:55 AM »
Yes, that is what they said but I can not imagine them playing country if they had a club in TN. The DJ for Lifetime is or was a personal DJ for the owner and he gave him the gig to pick the music for all the clubs.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2007, 07:21:02 AM »
Owning and operating a gym. A full size gym, not a fitness studio, or some hole in the wall.

Anyone have a good estimate....not a random guess
How much overhead is there?
How much net profit does a successful gym make?

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2007, 08:54:57 AM »
Owning and operating a gym. A full size gym, not a fitness studio, or some hole in the wall.

I think Blockhead out here by me runs a gym. PM him
U

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2007, 09:34:45 AM »

here is a link to the specifics regarding opening a Gold's Franchise...
http://www.franchiseadvantage.com/handbook/golds_gym.ihtml

hopefully this helps a little

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2007, 12:20:58 PM »

Carefull, Aj. this is like the bar and restaurant Biz. Peeps go w/ their heart. It look like a tough nut to crack man. If your Set and it's a retirement gig is one thing, making it pay YOUR BIlls is another.
If you got good Biz smarts to transfer ya got a chance, I think you do, but it looks like a tough one to me...

I can think of 2 successful operating gyms in Thailand that are interesting prospects Ive considered, well established. One w/ a small nice gym and guest/ houses /rental and pool. Expensive Properties.
But, Fact is most fail.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2007, 10:38:48 PM »
Just got back from IHOP. I ate:

3 pancakes with syrup and whipped cream
The Steak Omelet (eggs, steak, hashbrowns, cheese, mushrooms, peppers, salsa)
4 pieces of bacon w/more syrup
8 cheese sticks
A glass of Milk
Ice cream
...and a few bites of the crepes the girl I was with had.

Last cheat meal for the next 2 months, so had to do it right...and yes, I feel fantastic!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: July 01, 2007, 05:25:34 AM »
Just got back from IHOP. I ate:

3 pancakes with syrup and whipped cream
The Steak Omelet (eggs, steak, hashbrowns, cheese, mushrooms, peppers, salsa)
4 pieces of bacon w/more syrup
8 cheese sticks
A glass of Milk
Ice cream
...and a few bites of the crepes the girl I was with had.

Last cheat meal for the next 2 months, so had to do it right...and yes, I feel fantastic!

Good job Champ!  Good luck preparing for your show.  Hope maybe we get to see some pics.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2007, 10:26:06 AM »
Good job Champ!  Good luck preparing for your show.  Hope maybe we get to see some pics.
The general board...hell no, absolutely not! Some of you I trust, sure.