Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 822992 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #375 on: August 26, 2007, 03:28:16 PM »
Man Rim Thats right on the money.  Training, being in shape, eating right and sticking to a routine helps me feel in control. 

"I'm on a roll in control like Janet damn it"  :D

Amen. Everywhere else you go/are someone's telling you what to do or pushing & pulling you.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #376 on: August 26, 2007, 07:54:09 PM »
Man I just did legs today too....love that sh*t  A few times I took the elevator down, but thats a good thing  ;D  Yeah sometimes dickwads say some stupid shit to me too, but for the most part it is supportive. 

You learn who your true friends are when you get in shape for a show.  The cool people all come up to me and give me props and support and the stagnent a-holes who come to the gym all the time and never get any better dont say shit and sometimes will give you dirty looks.  It takes a secure person to compliment someone else and give them credit. 

Man good luck getting ready for those shows!!  Im 9 weeks out right now, hope to qualify for national comp at this show.  I will be doing Lt heavy and masters 40-49     

GOOD LUCK TO YOU LUV!! 9 weeks out, you are in the Zone right now! Definatly let us know how you did. Qualify and I will see you in Vegas man!

The ones that make these stupid comments, for the most part, are the ones that are jealous and do not have the work ethic. I just let it roll off, but yes, most are supportive and that is motivation in iteself!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #377 on: August 26, 2007, 08:17:59 PM »
GOOD LUCK TO YOU LUV!! 9 weeks out, you are in the Zone right now! Definatly let us know how you did. Qualify and I will see you in Vegas man!

The ones that make these stupid comments, for the most part, are the ones that are jealous and do not have the work ethic. I just let it roll off, but yes, most are supportive and that is motivation in iteself!

Thanks man Im gonna give it hell!!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #378 on: August 27, 2007, 06:59:26 AM »
AJ & LUV - You guys need to find women that are either supportive of your BBing, or a athlete/ competitor of some kind.

If your single and no kids, and BBing is pretty all-consuming - SO WHAT?
Most PPL get wrapped up in many NEGATIVE things. BBing is NOT.
A single guy might put a lot of time & Money into Cycles, boats, Gambling, Bars... or lot of other pursuits..
Nobody much says critical things. A BBer kind of wears their pursuit is the thing, and the public is pretty clueless about BBing.

Yes, if you start to raise a family things need to change a bit. But allowing any woman to totally control a relationship and stop you from what you've done for years is a major mistake...
Yes, you can bet I don't get to consider a months long HGH run... There's a lot of other places that cash has to go. But everyone in a family needs respect and time for themself.

AS far as eating, Its abnormal, time consuming, and makes for more work and stress, even at a casual level.  My wife said right away - "You dont eat like a normal person. You eat a lot and much more often. Its a lot of work...".  She was/ is totally accepting of that. I need be carefull saying theres something I'd like to eat, she might drop what shes doing and start to cook it at 10pm.

Its also healthier and better for the body to eat more meals IMO.
In The USA - "NORMAL" is being a Fat waddling Pig.  No Thanks!

Let a women take total control and you WILL have a failed relationship.

If she cant accept what you do, I'd keep looking. Plenty will.   

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #379 on: August 27, 2007, 11:13:09 AM »
First off, no worries...I wouldn't have pressed the issue at all if I thought anything you might say would offend me...it is a topic I like talking about and I don't get offended easily.

Anyway, just to touch on what you said a little bit, kind of just food for thought sort of stuff. Like you said, there are around ten thousand differant religions in the world, obviously all of these can't be right. Even so, I've always found in life if there are fake or counterfit things, then there has to be a "real." I mean think about it, no one ever counterfits something that isn't real in the first place.

So if there is a "real" answer or solution to the question of God's existence, how do you know which one is real when there are so many claims to this purposed reality? It's easiest to try and approach it like a mathematical situation, or rather this is the desired approach since this is how things make the most sense to our minds. You know, like 2+2 = 4, this is absolute and easy to express and see, it is also imposable to dispute. But with God's existence things cannot be approached this way, we can't approach it like we would every day scenarios IMO. Is it complicated? No, I don't think so, but the approach is still differant IMO. You sort of, for lack of a better word, have to lay aside your own humanistic way of thinking. After all, why would God the creator of man be able to be revealed by humanistic terms? Obviously he can't be because he himself would not be human. It would be like if a fully functioning robot created by a man tried to explain and understand the existence of his creator, a human being, in ways that relate to his own existence as a robot. Bad example? Maybe, kind of corny I know, but it fits IMO.

You make alot of good points Arnold and i agree with what you are saying.

Your example makes sense to me, and i can understand what you mean by it.

I just view things from a very different perspective than most people do and at times i doubt my own views on life. things can change very quickly so i appreciate your comments. i have gone back and forth with myself on this topic several times, i have felt emotions that were unexplained. for example, i was driving back from a meeting and was sitting in traffic, i was in a horrible mood for several reasons. out of nowhere i got this wonderful feeling of love and happiness, almost like i was in a trance as i looked up at the sky. i felt this for a few moments and it was gone. 2 hours later my mother called me crying and told me my grandfather had passed away a few hours ago. at the funeral my uncle spoke of the EXACT same feeling he got driving to the hospital to see my grandfather before he passed, which he was too late and he passed before he arrived at the hospital. so, yes, i will say i have experienced things i could not explain, if at any point in my life i felt God existed it was at this point. i have never spoken any of this to anyone.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #380 on: August 27, 2007, 03:40:41 PM »
AJ & LUV - You guys need to find women that are either supportive of your BBing, or a athlete/ competitor of some kind.
Yeah, someone like minded would be nice, but as long as they are supportive I could care less if there into the whole thing as well. If they're supportive of me, then I'll be supportive of them.

Let a women take total control and you WILL have a failed relationship.

If she cant accept what you do, I'd keep looking. Plenty will.   

Kind of goes with what I said above. Any of you guys that find someone who is nuts about the whole BB/fit thing as you are and is supportive of your end of the deal as well...you'd better hang on to them, because these are few and far between. Why? Simply because this is a hard thing to understand and support, even if the individual understands it, it can still be tough IMO.

You make alot of good points Arnold and i agree with what you are saying.

Your example makes sense to me, and i can understand what you mean by it.

I just view things from a very different perspective than most people do and at times i doubt my own views on life. things can change very quickly so i appreciate your comments. i have gone back and forth with myself on this topic several times, i have felt emotions that were unexplained. for example, i was driving back from a meeting and was sitting in traffic, i was in a horrible mood for several reasons. out of nowhere i got this wonderful feeling of love and happiness, almost like i was in a trance as i looked up at the sky. i felt this for a few moments and it was gone. 2 hours later my mother called me crying and told me my grandfather had passed away a few hours ago. at the funeral my uncle spoke of the EXACT same feeling he got driving to the hospital to see my grandfather before he passed, which he was too late and he passed before he arrived at the hospital. so, yes, i will say i have experienced things i could not explain, if at any point in my life i felt God existed it was at this point. i have never spoken any of this to anyone.

8)
Interesting story bro. Stuff like this happens all the time to all of us IMO. Probably not to this degree on a regular basis but there are aspects and events in life that occur all the time that can really make you stop and think IMO. Sometimes they hit you right in the face just like this one did you...other times they're a little more subtile but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

Bro, I'm glad we're able to talk about this osrt of thing without getting are panties in a wad ;D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #381 on: August 28, 2007, 06:23:37 AM »
Bro, I'm glad we're able to talk about this osrt of thing without getting are panties in a wad ;D

Me too.

I do have a bad habit of being very defensive but i'm working on being more open minded.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #382 on: August 28, 2007, 07:28:03 AM »
This has nothing to do with any of the above but I'm sitting in my office listening to an Irish pub song CD really really loud. I find it exceptionally funny.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #383 on: August 28, 2007, 09:13:26 AM »
This has nothing to do with any of the above but I'm sitting in my office listening to an Irish pub song CD really really loud. I find it exceptionally funny.

Do you have a pint of Guniess as well?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #384 on: August 28, 2007, 09:32:02 AM »
Do you have a pint of Guniess as well?

I wish. Maybe later.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #385 on: August 28, 2007, 08:44:48 PM »
Yummy!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #386 on: August 29, 2007, 04:43:57 AM »
Yummy!

They also say Guinness is one of the lower calorie beers.  And very tasty a great beer for the fall.  I like to use it when I make my infamous chilli!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #387 on: August 29, 2007, 06:44:45 AM »
They also say Guinness is one of the lower calorie beers.  And very tasty a great beer for the fall.  I like to use it when I make my infamous chilli!

Send some my way. I love Chili - I also make a killer white chili.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #388 on: August 29, 2007, 07:23:38 AM »

9 more weeks, then you can have your chili and Guniess young man!  ;D

I love making it with ground turkey!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #389 on: August 29, 2007, 11:11:03 AM »

i make mine with turkey and deer meat.

Very lean and tasty!

8)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: August 29, 2007, 12:49:14 PM »
9 more weeks, then you can have your chili and Guniess young man!  ;D

LOL I think I have a post comp pig out planned  ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: August 29, 2007, 06:09:29 PM »

Hey rim will do, now I have heard of white chili before but not sure what it is like?  Do you like beans in your chili....I do!  I use 3 different kinds of beans and lots of meat, usually ground chuck, crushed tomatos, onion, fresh garlic, plenty of special spices, green pepper and of course a good thick beer like Guinness.  Man I just ate but talking about has my mouth watering  :)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #392 on: August 29, 2007, 06:38:26 PM »
Hey rim will do, now I have heard of white chili before but not sure what it is like?  Do you like beans in your chili....I do!  I use 3 different kinds of beans and lots of meat, usually ground chuck, crushed tomatos, onion, fresh garlic, plenty of special spices, green pepper and of course a good thick beer like Guinness.  Man I just ate but talking about has my mouth watering  :)

Dont tease yourself!  :D

My last show I craved BEER...probably because I was, of course, so dehydrated. 2 Mich Ultras and I was buzzed  :)  Washed down a Kobe beef burger and fries with a slice of Cheesecake for dessert....the only place open was Cheesecake Factory, darn?! Then, sipped Pedialite all the way thru the next day. Did not get the dreaded water bloat like I usually do and attribute to the pedialite.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #393 on: August 29, 2007, 06:50:02 PM »
White chili, I haven't had that stuff in years...just haven't thought about it in a while....but that stuff is bad ass...love it!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #394 on: August 29, 2007, 06:53:44 PM »
We need to have an old fashion Getbig Chili Cook Off!

WHITE CHILI   

1 lb. dried Great Northern white beans, rinsed, picked over
2 lbs. boneless chicken breast
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 med. onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 (4 oz.) cans chopped mild green chilies
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
6 c. chicken stock or canned broth
3 c. grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 12 oz.)
Sour cream
Salsa
Chopped fresh cilantro

Place beans in heavy large pot. Add enough cold water to cover by at least 3 inches and soak overnight.
Place chicken in large heavy saucepan. Add cold water to cover and bring to simmer. Cook until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Remove skin. Cut chicken into cubes.

Drain beans. Heat oil in same pot over medium high heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, then chilies, cumin, oregano, cloves and cayenne and saute 2 minutes. Add beans and stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until beans are very tender, stirring occasionally about 2 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before continuing.)

Add chicken and 1 cup cheese to chili and stir until cheese melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle chili into bowls. Serve with remaining cheese, sour cream, salsa and cilantro.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: August 29, 2007, 07:03:30 PM »

WHITE CHILI   

1 tbsp. olive oil
2 med. onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
Sour cream
Salsa
Chopped fresh cilantro

Place beans in heavy large pot. Add enough cold water to cover by at least 3 inches and soak overnight.
Place chicken in large heavy saucepan. Add cold water to cover and bring to simmer. Cook until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Remove skin. Cut chicken into cubes.

Drain beans. Heat oil in same pot over medium high heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, then chilies, cumin, oregano, cloves and cayenne and saute 2 minutes. Add beans and stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until beans are very tender, stirring occasionally about 2 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before continuing.)

Add chicken and 1 cup cheese to chili and stir until cheese melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle chili into bowls. Serve with remaining cheese, sour cream, salsa and cilantro.

Cool man thanks for the recipe stuff sounds awesome!  Im gonna try that out in about 8 weeks 3 days and 13.5 hours LOL.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #396 on: August 29, 2007, 07:56:49 PM »

WHITE CHILI   

1 tbsp. olive oil
2 med. onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
Sour cream
Salsa
Chopped fresh cilantro

Nice recipe. I've been making mine so long I couldn't write it down if I wanted to. I basically just do it by instinct.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #397 on: August 29, 2007, 07:58:43 PM »
White chili, I haven't had that stuff in years...just haven't thought about it in a while....but that stuff is bad ass...love it!

If you ever get up this way I'll hook you up. I keep trying to find reasons to make it. The real problem is my wife won't touch the stuff (she only likes chili without beans). So that usually leaves me with about a gallon or so of chili to eat by myself. It's also got quite a kick to it.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #398 on: August 29, 2007, 08:01:08 PM »

It isn't chili without beans. Sounds great.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #399 on: August 29, 2007, 09:50:24 PM »
"IF" you feel like being healthy, obviously the sour cream and cheese can be fat free or low fat. BUT the fats are what gives it the consistency.

Heck, Chili is not Chili without BEANS?! Never had a non-bean chili anyway.