Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 827167 times)

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #500 on: September 09, 2007, 01:49:51 PM »
Sorry to hijack the thread again guys, but this is prolly ONE OF THE BEST WEEKS of my LIFE. I just calculated that i have won about or little over 1000$ in online gambling during this week! (Desbite the fact, that i have a lung infection, which is btw gone as of now.)

And i just heard the words from my little brother that i never expected to hear from ANYONE. OK, so here goes the story: when i was a VERY young child we had this TV-SHOW here in Finland, the gladiators. One of the main stars was this guy called THE VIKING, TONY HALME. He used to wrestle for the WWF also(now WWE). His name was Ludvig Borga Hellraiser from Hellsinki. This guy was one of the reasons that i started training so young and eating so much. I thought to myself that if someday i could be atleast close to his size it would be INCREDIBLE. Ok, so my brother saw him today in Helsinki and my brother told me that RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT i'm bigger and leaner than he is! And he HAS retained most of his size from BACK in the day! I'm on cloud nine! He is much taller than i'm, i'm 5.10 (177cm) and he is like 6.3-6.4 but my brother said that i have more MUSCLE!

If this post seems like i'm bragging or something i'm sorry, but i had to get this out of my system and i'm REALLY feeling good now.
Desbite the fact that last night i was as drunk as anyone can ever be, i guess i slept over my hangover...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #501 on: September 09, 2007, 01:51:56 PM »
Heard Friday is the best for the Expo because not so crowded. It is a far way for me but something I want to experience. This will be my 10th Olympia and 0 for the Arnold so far...
Yeah, it's typically not as crowded on Fri, but not by a lot...actually each day they have everyone packed in there like sardines. And of course if you want to meet the BB who are actually competing in the Arnold, you pretty much have to wait for Sun for that...but who cares about that, the girls are the best part anyway!

I'm really going to try to make it this year since I missed it last year. All of us that will be there need to try and plan at on at least getting together and grabbing a bite to eat...that'd be pretty cool. After that we can all walk around the expo in our getbig steroid t-shirts, lol!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #502 on: September 09, 2007, 05:35:12 PM »
Yeah, it's typically not as crowded on Fri, but not by a lot...actually each day they have everyone packed in there like sardines. And of course if you want to meet the BB who are actually competing in the Arnold, you pretty much have to wait for Sun for that...but who cares about that, the girls are the best part anyway!

I'm really going to try to make it this year since I missed it last year. All of us that will be there need to try and plan at on at least getting together and grabbing a bite to eat...that'd be pretty cool. After that we can all walk around the expo in our getbig steroid t-shirts, lol!

No t shirts for me in Columbus in March....bbbbrrrrr, I would freeze me arse off!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #503 on: September 10, 2007, 10:23:40 AM »
So I'm sitting downstairs last night & my wife starts freaking out & tells me to come upstairs. When I finally do it's because Britney Spears was on the VMA's (why she wanted me up there I don't know). Anyway, so I watched the entire performance. It was horrible - the lip-synching was bad & off, the dancing was cheesy, & she looked pretty bad. Now don't get me wrong she probably looked better then the average house-wife but she's a far cry from what she used to be.

That's my rant.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #504 on: September 10, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »
That was the main story tonight at the news here, the news anchor also said that she was ON something.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #505 on: September 10, 2007, 11:24:40 AM »
I would bet a decent amount of cash that she was on SEVERAL things.

She looked like a drugged up zombie up there. imagine what she would look like without all the stage makeup and lighting.

8)

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #506 on: September 10, 2007, 11:31:47 AM »
If someone was willing to bet against you they would get pretty good odds.

These days she is nothing, but a used up white trash slut.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #507 on: September 10, 2007, 02:55:24 PM »
I think she has serious mental/ emotional issues, substace abuse issues, and her Drs meds clearly aint helping all that much or making it worse.
She'll come to a bad end yet are good odds.
Sad.
What is fame and money really worth?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #508 on: September 12, 2007, 09:08:26 PM »
Any of you guys ever do those sort of 1 leg squat/lunge things on the smith? I don't stray too much from the simple basics but I threw those in last wk and they hurt so much I did them again tonight...the inside of my thighs all the way up my crotch feels like it was ripped to pieces...that must be a good thing, lol!

It's funny, you can't go all that heavy on these at all, and for some reason they hurt more then anything on earth...and I do mean hurt in a good way, not injury hurt. I did them towards the end of the leg session and didn't' go above a 45 & 25 on each side...not sure how much weight that actually is since it's the smith, but I don't care, it has got to be a good additive now and then IMO.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: September 13, 2007, 05:20:27 AM »
Any of you guys ever do those sort of 1 leg squat/lunge things on the smith? I don't stray too much from the simple basics but I threw those in last wk and they hurt so much I did them again tonight...the inside of my thighs all the way up my crotch feels like it was ripped to pieces...that must be a good thing, lol!

It's funny, you can't go all that heavy on these at all, and for some reason they hurt more then anything on earth...and I do mean hurt in a good way, not injury hurt. I did them towards the end of the leg session and didn't' go above a 45 & 25 on each side...not sure how much weight that actually is since it's the smith, but I don't care, it has got to be a good additive now and then IMO.

Not sure what it is?

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #510 on: September 13, 2007, 05:43:54 AM »
Any type of lunges make my quads and hams sorer than other movements, even squats.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: September 13, 2007, 06:12:48 AM »
Step-Ups on a box are Nasty to.
There was this short Gal at one of my local Gyms that used to do them and lunges for about 1/2 hr straight regularly. Divine Legs and Ass & a face to match. Long Brown Pony Tail... :P

I'm a major sucker for nice legs & Ass on a girl... Dark hair is the clincher...

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #512 on: September 13, 2007, 08:27:35 AM »
Lunges are only second to squats and front squats. they are one of the best exercises you could ever do for quads, hams and glutes. try pausing with your knee on the ground for 2 seconds and then press up, you will feel it in your glutes big time. i don't use the smith machine for anything, i do them free weight.

Women who what some "junk(muscle) in the trunk" should do lunges, they work the glutes like nothing else. they also work the teardrop on your quads very well.

i've done them for years and it shows.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #513 on: September 13, 2007, 10:23:21 AM »
Not sure what it is?
Yeah, I don't know what the actual move is called, I guess it really is simply a standing in place lunge but the difference is you can put your foot much further back then you could dong a standard lunge.

1. stand under weight like you were going to squat
2. kick one leg back just about as far as it will go and bring the other one forward just slightly
3. squat down until the knee of the back leg touches the ground.

I know, again it seems really like a lunge but for some reason it hits the inner part of the thigh a lot more.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #514 on: September 13, 2007, 02:49:43 PM »
TODAY IS NATIONAL BOOBS  'N BEER APPRECIATION DAY

BEATS THE HELL OUT OF 

MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY,
DOESN'T  IT .

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: September 13, 2007, 04:05:16 PM »
Know where hair like hers looks best?
From behind her, With a double wrap in yur fist!  :P

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #516 on: September 13, 2007, 05:12:37 PM »
Yeah, I don't know what the actual move is called, I guess it really is simply a standing in place lunge but the difference is you can put your foot much further back then you could dong a standard lunge.

1. stand under weight like you were going to squat
2. kick one leg back just about as far as it will go and bring the other one forward just slightly
3. squat down until the knee of the back leg touches the ground.

I know, again it seems really like a lunge but for some reason it hits the inner part of the thigh a lot more.

I've tried those numerous times but they never felt comfortable.

Now sometimes to mix up leg day I'll do lunges on one of those half exercise balls (not sure what they're called). When I do that I really feel it the next day. It's also really hard to keep your balance.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #517 on: September 13, 2007, 05:22:00 PM »

Now sometimes to mix up leg day I'll do lunges on one of those half exercise balls (not sure what they're called). When I do that I really feel it the next day. It's also really hard to keep your balance.

OMG NO! You admitted to using a exersize ball!! Stop!  ;D

BTW - the big red ones are great for increasing spine arch in the PL bench set up...

Great for situps too, hits low abs good off a blue or white one.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #518 on: September 13, 2007, 05:24:17 PM »
OMG NO! You admitted to using a exersize ball!! Stop!  ;D

BTW - the big red ones are great for increasing spine arch in the PL bench set up...

Great for situps too, hits low abs good off a blue or white one.

I know I know...but remember it's only the half-ball. Well, that's the only time you'll ever catch me using one.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #519 on: September 13, 2007, 05:35:47 PM »
I know I know...but remember it's only the half-ball. Well, that's the only time you'll ever catch me using one.

I only train people with the thera-ball if they can't support their own bodyweight.

It's not for serious lifters.

It can also be used for core.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #520 on: September 13, 2007, 06:18:34 PM »
I only train people with the thera-ball if they can't support their own bodyweight.

It's not for serious lifters.

It can also be used for core.

DIV

I use it more to mix things up. I'll do a couple sets of eight or ten with each leg (only hold maybe 20-30 lbs total) & I can barely walk the next day. I'll usually do it do end my workout.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #521 on: September 13, 2007, 08:05:13 PM »
I use it more to mix things up. I'll do a couple sets of eight or ten with each leg (only hold maybe 20-30 lbs total) & I can barely walk the next day. I'll usually do it do end my workout.
Do you mean you use the half ball as a step so to speak? You know, with the lead leg that is lunging out, it steps on to the half ball? I've done lunges like this using a step and it's an OK variation now and then...but nothing beats the parking lot if you are able to do that.

When I used to train at the college Rec center several years back, my training partner and I would do lunges going up the handycap ramp. The ramp was about 15 lunges up...we would go up and down. I don't know if that was really worth anything or not, but it was pretty tough and we thought we were hardcore, lol!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #522 on: September 13, 2007, 09:51:08 PM »
Do you mean you use the half ball as a step so to speak? You know, with the lead leg that is lunging out, it steps on to the half ball? I've done lunges like this using a step and it's an OK variation now and then...but nothing beats the parking lot if you are able to do that.

That's pretty much it.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #523 on: September 14, 2007, 07:10:05 AM »

That is an excellent way to build balance. We did alot of drills on those things when i took Muay Thai. we used to stand on one and practice high kicks to help us balance, it was very hard at first but once you got it down it was an excellent training technique.

I also did lunges on one during my physical therapy for my knee. it isn't easy doing lunges or squats on those things but it helped my knee big time.

8)

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #524 on: September 14, 2007, 07:19:40 AM »

one of those half exercise balls (not sure what they're called).

bosu ball brotha