Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 822931 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #550 on: September 30, 2007, 05:49:20 AM »
Cutler 1st, Ronnie 4th....pretty suprising about Ronnie IMO...I almost expected the judges to just give it to him no matter what he looked like since he said this was his last O.

What do you guys think about the placings?

AJ - WHeres the best pics?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #551 on: September 30, 2007, 06:35:26 AM »
Cutler 1st, Ronnie 4th....pretty suprising about Ronnie IMO...I almost expected the judges to just give it to him no matter what he looked like since he said this was his last O.

What do you guys think about the placings?

Not suprising at all the way he looked, they were nice to him giving him 4th

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #552 on: October 01, 2007, 06:02:16 AM »
Jay Cutler is the worst Mr. O ever. That's all i have to say.

Wolf and Vic made him look like a bloated whale.

Ronnie is done.

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #553 on: October 01, 2007, 06:22:36 AM »

Ronnie is done.

8)

Stretch marks on a Mr Olympias ass like a pregnant woman are just not my idea of the pinnacle of male muscular development..

Judging criteria needs a revamp. THis Fat ass insulin look, pared down at the last minute w/  death defying
stimulants etc is not my idea of a Herculean physique.

If ya look like Michelin Tire man 8 months of the year, are ya the world champ in the BBing game?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #554 on: October 01, 2007, 07:56:52 AM »
AJ - WHeres the best pics?
Either MD.com or Flexonline.com

Not suprising at all the way he looked, they were nice to him giving him 4th
Even so, we all know how political this sport is and it's hard to imagine the judges giving out placings that are this low to Ronnie...regardless of how he looked.

Ronnie is done.

8)
It's funny, I've never seen one bodybuilder who produces so much love/hate among fans...everyone seems to feel a lot of love or a lot of hate for Jay...no in between. Personally, I'm a pretty big fan, although he is quite the mass monster, he still poses a lot of great qualities a BB is supposed to have.

My least favorite Mr. O, and I bet I get ragged on for saying this, Frank Zane.

Stretch marks on a Mr Olympias ass like a pregnant woman are just not my idea of the pinnacle of male muscular development..

Stretch marks, well, it happens, and there isn't a lot you can do about it. Hey, I'm not near as big as Jay or any pro, but even I've developed a few marks over the past couple of years...a few light ones on my lats, and on my left bicep. I hate them, but they are what they are.

Judging criteria needs a revamp. THis Fat ass insulin look, pared down at the last minute w/  death defying
stimulants etc is not my idea of a Herculean physique.
I agree on the "death stimulants" statement and if someones gut is hanging over their posing shorts, obviously they shouldn't place well...but I just don't' see this as the case with Jay.

If ya look like Michelin Tire man 8 months of the year, are ya the world champ in the BBing game?

Maybe so, but the 364 days prior to the O or any show do not matter...all that matters is what you look like on show day. The rest of the year, look like a holocaust victim or Captain lard ass...doesn't matter IMO as long as you're on point at show time.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #555 on: October 01, 2007, 08:12:55 AM »

It's funny, I've never seen one bodybuilder who produces so much love/hate among fans...everyone seems to feel a lot of love or a lot of hate for Jay...no in between. Personally, I'm a pretty big fan, although he is quite the mass monster, he still poses a lot of great qualities a BB is supposed to have.

My least favorite Mr. O, and I bet I get ragged on for saying this, Frank Zane.

I agree, he's a mass monster but i think bodybuilding should be more than blocky mass and 40 inch waists with delts and bi's filled with oil.

Zane was decent for his time frame, he also used a minimum of AAS from what i've heard. i think he was ripped but lacked mass.

i like guys like Wolf, rockel, Jackson, Sami(PDI)...i don't like the monsters but ronnie back in the early 2000's was incredible. it's the guts, water retention and lack of being "peeled" that i miss. look at titus back in the early 90's, munzer, Milos...etc. most of the pro's in the 80's had better conditioning than the top 5 guys today, something is wrong here.

i just wish these guys would stop the size game and get SHREDDED!!! guys like ruhl and cutler are what i "personally" think is ruining this game.

of course this is my opinion, i'd take Arnold or Mike Mentzers look over ANY pro today.

8)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #556 on: October 01, 2007, 08:23:40 AM »
Maybe so, but the 364 days prior to the O or any show do not matter...all that matters is what you look like on show day. The rest of the year, look like a holocaust victim or Captain lard ass...doesn't matter IMO as long as you're on point at show time.

AGREED but on this day, Jay did not deserve to win. Victor was the clear cut champion! I was there and in person is night and day differance than pics.

Talking with a pro that did not compete said the judges could not give Vicor 1st because he can not leave the country due to his legal issues and other legal issues pending as well. They actually deliberated this!! Here is what is wrong with BB, you judge the pysiques that day, not discuss who should win behind closed doors, best pysique that day wins and Jay was off, period.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #557 on: October 01, 2007, 10:37:29 AM »
AGREED but on this day, Jay did not deserve to win. Victor was the clear cut champion! I was there and in person is night and day differance than pics.

Talking with a pro that did not compete said the judges could not give Vicor 1st because he can not leave the country due to his legal issues and other legal issues pending as well. They actually deliberated this!! Here is what is wrong with BB, you judge the pysiques that day, not discuss who should win behind closed doors, best pysique that day wins and Jay was off, period.
Something else about Vic, he's a MD guy and there has been a lot of talk, especially lately that an MD could never win the O. True? I don't' know, but it wouldn't suprise me.

I agree, he's a mass monster but i think bodybuilding should be more than blocky mass and 40 inch waists with delts and bi's filled with oil.

Zane was decent for his time frame, he also used a minimum of AAS from what i've heard. i think he was ripped but lacked mass.

i like guys like Wolf, rockel, Jackson, Sami(PDI)...i don't like the monsters but ronnie back in the early 2000's was incredible. it's the guts, water retention and lack of being "peeled" that i miss. look at titus back in the early 90's, munzer, Milos...etc. most of the pro's in the 80's had better conditioning than the top 5 guys today, something is wrong here.

i just wish these guys would stop the size game and get SHREDDED!!! guys like ruhl and cutler are what i "personally" think is ruining this game.

of course this is my opinion, i'd take Arnold or Mike Mentzers look over ANY pro today.

8)
Yeah, i understand what you're saying, I'm a big fan of the more aesthetic guys as well...Vic and Wolf are both phenomenal, but both of these guys also possess some of the characteristics of a mass monster, Freeman too, it's sort of like being a hybrid and I think this is a good direction for the sport.

As for guys like Ruhl, I'll always be a fan of the freaks at some level, it's so inhuman that it's kind of cool. But even so, I do think that the sport is better off and that the essence of a true BB champ is more along the lines of the guys I just mentioned.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #558 on: October 01, 2007, 10:45:38 AM »
A while back I told you guys about me getting free laser hair removal any time I wanted...well some of you wanted to know how that went, well it FUCKING SUCKS! I had my back done and that was the most painful thing I can ever remember, my sister (she's the one who does it) said, "it will sting like a rubber band popping) I thought, "OK, cool no big deal." BullShit! It felt like a small pin knife every time she hit a spot.

What sucks even more, for this to be 100% permanent, it takes 3-5 treatments depending on the person, so I have to go in for my 2nd her in a wk or so. Plus, each time you go, they turn the level of the laser up even higher until you reach the highest point necessary. You can bet your ass that I will never do this again without some kind of "assistance" if you catch my drift, lol!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #559 on: October 01, 2007, 11:03:53 AM »
Something else about Vic, he's a MD guy and there has been a lot of talk, especially lately that an MD could never win the O. True? I don't' know, but it wouldn't suprise me.

True, that was the other issue with Vic winning. So you will see Vic become a Weider athlete sometime this year or next year because Jay said one more and he is done, that means Jay wins next year too.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #560 on: October 01, 2007, 12:08:16 PM »
You can bet your ass that I will never do this again without some kind of "assistance" if you catch my drift, lol!

"assisitance"? are you asking me to hold your hand and whisper to you that everything will be ok?

cause if you are that would be weird....ill decline

on a serious note: exactly how hairy are you? do you think 3-5 treatments will be all you need? will you be completely bare after that?

inquiring hairy people want to know.....

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #561 on: October 01, 2007, 12:17:06 PM »
A while back I told you guys about me getting free laser hair removal any time I wanted...well some of you wanted to know how that went, well it FUCKING SUCKS! I had my back done and that was the most painful thing I can ever remember, my sister (she's the one who does it) said, "it will sting like a rubber band popping) I thought, "OK, cool no big deal." BullShit! It felt like a small pin knife every time she hit a spot.

What sucks even more, for this to be 100% permanent, it takes 3-5 treatments depending on the person, so I have to go in for my 2nd her in a wk or so. Plus, each time you go, they turn the level of the laser up even higher until you reach the highest point necessary. You can bet your ass that I will never do this again without some kind of "assistance" if you catch my drift, lol!

Damn...you're making me rethink it.  :-\

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #562 on: October 01, 2007, 12:59:48 PM »
"assisitance"? are you asking me to hold your hand and whisper to you that everything will be ok?

cause if you are that would be weird....ill decline

on a serious note: exactly how hairy are you? do you think 3-5 treatments will be all you need? will you be completely bare after that?

inquiring hairy people want to know.....
Hold my hand? Nah, I was implying some kind of pain reliever, be it by pill or alcohol, lol! Seriously, if you wanted to come down here and knock me out first before i go through that again, by all means, please, feel free.

How hairy am I? I'd say medium hairy...not like a gorilla or some of these guys you see where it looks like Velcro, but even so, the hair is there, plus my hair is jet black, so that makes it look even worse. Sis said 3-5 should do it...she said it works for guys who are hairier then me.

A little food for thought. now I have no idea if this correlates at all, but I have wondered. before I started using any AAS I had a fair amount of chest hair, but none on my back. Shortly after I started AAS hair sprouted on my back and got thicker everywhere else. Coincidence, maybe it's just my Greek genes finally kicking in. Whatever it is, I can't stand it.

Oh and one more thing, and know one is going to believe this, but before I started getting laser treatments, I actually learned how to shave my back myself. Difficult, yes, but it can be done...all you need is a long stick and some duct tape.

Damn...you're making me rethink it.  :-\
Yeah, it sucks, but worth it in the end IMO.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #563 on: October 01, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »
Hold my hand? Nah, I was implying some kind of pain reliever, be it by pill or alcohol, lol! Seriously, if you wanted to come down here and knock me out first before i go through that again, by all means, please, feel free.

How hairy am I? I'd say medium hairy...not like a gorilla or some of these guys you see where it looks like Velcro, but even so, the hair is there, plus my hair is jet black, so that makes it look even worse. Sis said 3-5 should do it...she said it works for guys who are hairier then me.

A little food for thought. now I have no idea if this correlates at all, but I have wondered. before I started using any AAS I had a fair amount of chest hair, but none on my back. Shortly after I started AAS hair sprouted on my back and got thicker everywhere else. Coincidence, maybe it's just my Greek genes finally kicking in. Whatever it is, I can't stand it.

Oh and one more thing, and know one is going to believe this, but before I started getting laser treatments, I actually learned how to shave my back myself. Difficult, yes, but it can be done...all you need is a long stick and some duct tape.
Yeah, it sucks, but worth it in the end IMO.

LOL..i hear ya...just breakin' your balls a little...

test is a funny thing, it makes you lose the hair you wanna keep....and gain the hair you would never want!!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #564 on: October 01, 2007, 01:13:41 PM »
LOL..i hear ya...just breakin' your balls a little...

test is a funny thing, it makes you lose the hair you wanna keep....and gain the hair you would never want!!!
Yeah it does...I've thinned a little on top in the past few years...but it seems to have slowed down. Luckily for me, I always had an extremely thick head of hair, so thinning out a little wasn't all that big of a deal.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #565 on: October 01, 2007, 01:23:35 PM »

AJ - LMAO  ;D  "SHave my back with a stick".

We'll never all agree on the best champion and that makes it fun.
My own favorites cover a wide range of body types and dont even make much sense to myself.

So, that Lazer thing prolly aint a good idea for the groin area?  ;D

Hey, what them chick go thru for us Huh?  Did she bring her friends in to watch?
I bet she really enjoyed it.

I hate the casual talk about narcotics on here sometimes, but perhaps 5-7.5mg of Hydro and 10mg of Diazapam would
make this go better.
 Please dont take that shit lightly, the thing about hydro is it dont let people know how serious a med they are using untill its too late.
 The chemists did TOO GOOD a job detuning the bad narcotic sides for the level of pain relief it can provide.
 But the short 1/2 life hydro rollercoaster is in some ways one of the worst on the narcotic shelf once someone crosses the invisible line.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #566 on: October 01, 2007, 02:24:49 PM »

Agreed.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #567 on: October 01, 2007, 02:26:03 PM »
I didn't have a single hair on my back until i started using AAS.

Now i have a rug.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #568 on: October 01, 2007, 02:36:27 PM »
I didn't have a single hair on my back until i started using AAS.

Now i have a rug.

8)

Unfortuanatly I've always had a little since I was about 17. Not a ton but since I'm kind of fair skinned it really sticks out. Luckily six months out of the year my wife will Nair it for me every couple weeks.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #569 on: October 01, 2007, 03:26:40 PM »
Unfortuanatly I've always had a little since I was about 17. Not a ton but since I'm kind of fair skinned it really sticks out. Luckily six months out of the year my wife will Nair it for me every couple weeks.
I tried Nair once and I couldn't get it to work.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #570 on: October 01, 2007, 03:37:56 PM »
I tried Nair once and I couldn't get it to work.

I noticed that you have to leave it on for about twice as long as it says. The hair goes away but it fries your back for a day or two.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #571 on: October 01, 2007, 03:39:27 PM »
Yeah it does...I've thinned a little on top in the past few years...but it seems to have slowed down. Luckily for me, I always had an extremely thick head of hair, so thinning out a little wasn't all that big of a deal.

Same with me.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #572 on: October 01, 2007, 03:42:02 PM »

I'm impressed.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #573 on: October 01, 2007, 04:55:53 PM »
A BACK HAIR THREAD?  ::)  ;D
I didnt use to have a single hair on my back, now theres plenty...
Its deffinitly dose related, and seems once it starts, it keeps up regardless of going low dose.
Wifey just prunes it off now and then..

Prolly enough to knit sweaters with..

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #574 on: October 01, 2007, 06:24:36 PM »
A BACK HAIR THREAD?  ::)  ;D
I didnt use to have a single hair on my back, now theres plenty...
Its deffinitly dose related, and seems once it starts, it keeps up regardless of going low dose.
Wifey just prunes it off now and then..

Prolly enough to knit sweaters with..
No offense but that is one sweater I'd never want to wear, lol!