Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 829880 times)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #1100 on: December 11, 2007, 12:07:17 PM »
It wasn't cooked right if it was chewy. it's tough and stringy by nature but it's only chewy when over cooked, most people over cook the hell out of deer meat, that's called jerky... ;)

Try cooking it SLOW and keep pouring the marinade on it every 5 minutes. i like to bake it in a marinade.

The best way to cook deer is in a stew. i make a venison stew that is identical to beef stew, in fact most people can't tell they are eating deer...fooled a few girlfriends that way... ;D

I'll take a steak over deer any day of the week but i enjoy deer a few times a month. most people don't care for it.

Deer and varmint hunting is part of the landscape where i live...but we don't need to go over that again... :)

I eat everything i shoot but coyote isn't very good... :-X

8)

Yeah, AJ, don't go eating the guy you killed that broke into your house.

Lord knows I am no hunter but when he told me they give away a bunch to charity, shit, my belly is a big enough charity!

I posted on the nutrition board too and Princess reminded me about a cook-book from Ted Nugent about wild game.

Overload, thanks, thought of doing a crock pot to keep it most or in a chili of some sort. Will have plenty to play around with. And hey, if you are not eating that Coyote, thats more free protein!! ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1101 on: December 11, 2007, 12:23:49 PM »
It wasn't cooked right if it was chewy. it's tough and stringy by nature but it's only chewy when over cooked, most people over cook the hell out of deer meat, that's called jerky... ;)

Try cooking it SLOW and keep pouring the marinade on it every 5 minutes. i like to bake it in a marinade.

The best way to cook deer is in a stew. i make a venison stew that is identical to beef stew, in fact most people can't tell they are eating deer...fooled a few girlfriends that way... ;D

I'll take a steak over deer any day of the week but i enjoy deer a few times a month. most people don't care for it.

Deer and varmint hunting is part of the landscape where i live...but we don't need to go over that again... :)

I eat everything i shoot but coyote isn't very good... :-X

8)

Please don't' tell me you actually tried to eat a coyote? That has got to be extremely gross...prob really greasy like a squirrel or something. BTW, squirrel and all that crap is gross.

I ate a peacock once...disgutsting...and supposedly this is supposed to be a delicacy...hahaha, bullFUCKINGshit!

I like my meat raised in a barn, never seeing the light of day....pumped full of more drugs and antibiotics then is necessary, lol!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1102 on: December 11, 2007, 12:43:01 PM »
Please don't' tell me you actually tried to eat a coyote? That has got to be extremely gross...prob really greasy like a squirrel or something. BTW, squirrel and all that crap is gross.

I ate a peacock once...disgutsting...and supposedly this is supposed to be a delicacy...hahaha, bullFUCKINGshit!

I like my meat raised in a barn, never seeing the light of day....pumped full of more drugs and antibiotics then is necessary, lol!

Yup, i've eaten coyote, fox, rabbit, squirrel and about every bird in Texas. Coyote was disgusting but i tried it anyway.

Ask Trab about what they eat over in Thailand... ;)

Ted Nugents Cook book is very good, i have a copy somewhere at home.

I'm a big beef eater but my venison stew is off the hook! Venison Chili is also very good.

i have crock pots in 4 different sizes, one of them i can stuff an entire deer shoulder in.

Backstrap is where it's at, the best part of the deer by far...

8)

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1103 on: December 11, 2007, 01:19:02 PM »
I grew up in the South.  I've seen it all eaten.  Possum, coon, etc.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1104 on: December 11, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »
Yup, i've eaten coyote, fox, rabbit, squirrel and about every bird in Texas. Coyote was disgusting but i tried it anyway.

Ask Trab about what they eat over in Thailand... ;)

Ted Nugents Cook book is very good, i have a copy somewhere at home.

I'm a big beef eater but my venison stew is off the hook! Venison Chili is also very good.

i have crock pots in 4 different sizes, one of them i can stuff an entire deer shoulder in.

Backstrap is where it's at, the best part of the deer by far...

8)
Venison chili is pretty good...sausage is decent too.

I grew up in the South.  I've seen it all eaten.  Possum, ####, etc.
You are aware that you win the grossest award for this conversation, lol!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1105 on: December 11, 2007, 03:51:20 PM »
Parts of Venison up here in the hay and corn field country can be MUCH better than beef.  ;)
Get out of the farmland into the forest only land and its not so great.

THe tenderloins inside the ribcage are fit for the best French restaurant. Nothing compares.
The bigger loins  down the back of the spine are better than most Beef too.

Whole Hind- 1/4 wrapped in Bacon on the grill. Take a fillet knife and put garlic in deep...
Beer out of a barrel in ice goes well too... Heilmans Special Export on a Hot Ass day...

ABC - You aint seen it all till you hit S.E. Asia for eats...  ;D
There aint no road kill lasts long over there...
I think I saw some of the last specimens of endangered species there inthe market...
I didnt know WTF they were.... Wild country up on the Burmese border/ Mekong river area.
Like AJ's hills, but tropical...

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1106 on: December 11, 2007, 05:21:44 PM »
I grew up in the South.  I've seen it all eaten.  Possum, ####, etc.

Apparently we can't say coo n

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1107 on: December 11, 2007, 05:39:38 PM »
Like in Racoon?

Possum and Racoon?? Dude, those stories about the South are true.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1108 on: December 11, 2007, 06:02:54 PM »
'What?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1109 on: December 11, 2007, 06:24:26 PM »

Wow. You're right we can't say coon.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1110 on: December 11, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »
I think because of his use of "the South" and "####" (think RACOON minus the RA) in the same sentence, it was thought to be a racist slander??

I thought one of you two did the ####

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #1111 on: December 11, 2007, 06:45:10 PM »
Yup, c00n in the south is a racist term toward black people.

Speaking of the south, I've had rattlesnake, gator, rabbit, squirrel (my dad told me if I was going to shoot it I had to eat it heh), and wild boar.

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #1112 on: December 11, 2007, 07:33:29 PM »
Yup, c00n in the south is a racist term toward black people.

Speaking of the south, I've had rattlesnake, gator, rabbit, squirrel (my dad told me if I was going to shoot it I had to eat it heh), and wild boar.

Gator is good, as is rabbit. Frog legs are not bad as long as you do them up right. I had ostrich the other day...just like filet mignon with more gamey of a taste.

Quail, venison, duck, goose and wild turkey are not bad either. Had black bear awhile ago very chewy though...
Just spot me BITCH!!!

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #1113 on: December 11, 2007, 07:39:06 PM »
if youre from the south and not eating bacon with every meal...youre wrong!!! >:( >:( ;D

support pig farms!!!

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #1114 on: December 11, 2007, 07:43:01 PM »
if youre from the south and not eating bacon with every meal...youre wrong!!! >:( >:( ;D

support pig farms!!!

Being from Canada we eat alot of beaver.... ;D :P
Just spot me BITCH!!!

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1115 on: December 11, 2007, 08:01:56 PM »
Being from Canada we eat alot of beaver.... ;D :P

hmmm...beaver huh?

down here we eat clam.....

they dont need the hair to keep warm

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1116 on: December 11, 2007, 08:09:12 PM »

support pig farms!!!
"I eat bacon for breakfast, bacon for lunch and I usually drink my dinner."

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #1117 on: December 11, 2007, 08:09:49 PM »
hmmm...beaver huh?

down here we eat clam.....

they dont need the hair to keep warm

Touche......well played...ya it is a bit nippley up here hate to see any beavers with chapped lips....
Just spot me BITCH!!!

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1118 on: December 11, 2007, 08:47:51 PM »
Touche......well played...ya it is a bit nippley up here hate to see any beavers with chapped lips....

LOL...ohhhh no....

if they are chapped...you could rub lotion on them!!!!

i am a thinking man krazee.....its the bacon...

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1119 on: December 11, 2007, 10:39:50 PM »
Gator is good, as is rabbit. Frog legs are not bad as long as you do them up right. I had ostrich the other day...just like filet mignon with more gamey of a taste.

Quail, venison, duck, goose and wild turkey are not bad either. Had black bear awhile ago very chewy though...

Gators, Bears, Peacocks, RaCOONs, Coyotes, Foxes....what the fuck is wrong with all of you?!? I guess I have lived a sheltered life.....

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1120 on: December 11, 2007, 10:46:02 PM »
Gators, Bears, Peacocks, RaCOONs, Coyotes, Foxes....what the fuck is wrong with all of you?!? I guess I have lived a sheltered life.....
That or you don't like eating gross food.

Of course I'm one to talk...food on a hard diet probably taste worse then some sort of Dog. I remember thinking once this summer, "shit, everything I'm eating taste like a dirty pair of pants" lol!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1121 on: December 11, 2007, 10:56:24 PM »
That or you don't like eating gross food.

Of course I'm one to talk...food on a hard diet probably taste worse then some sort of Dog. I remember thinking once this summer, "shit, everything I'm eating taste like a dirty pair of pants" lol!

No, sheltered really, grew up in Northern California...didn't have many opportunities to dine on possum, bear or gator there. Much less peacocks!!

Over the years of dieting for shows, you get good with Mrs. Dash combos!!

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1122 on: December 12, 2007, 02:18:38 AM »

don't forget squirrel, a Southern delicacy.  ;D

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1123 on: December 12, 2007, 02:24:42 AM »
By the way, how is any of this worse than eating pig nuckles out of the jar from your local Hoggly Woogly or Piggly Wiggly store?  Basically, if it moves in the South will likely be killed and eaten by someone, somewhere.  That's what happens out in the woods when very poor country people have guns.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1124 on: December 12, 2007, 06:06:06 AM »
By the way, how is any of this worse than eating pig nuckles out of the jar from your local Hoggly Woogly or Piggly Wiggly store?  Basically, if it moves in the South will likely be killed and eaten by someone, somewhere.  That's what happens out in the woods when very poor country people have guns.

Damn right...

when i was a kid the nearest restaurant was 50 miles away. we had to make due.

My family never ate pork and still to this day i will not eat pork unless i have to. We grew up on beef, chicken and wild game. when you see how pigs live you tend to NOT want to eat them...lol

8)