Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 829894 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #1325 on: January 02, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »
First you have a Japanese beer, I prefer Asahi

Then you take a shot of Sake, drop it in the beer and guzzle away!

Traditional method is to balance the shot glass on chop sticks, on top of the beer, hit the table to drop in. We used to go every Sat. and have races. Good times!

Warning: Only two full rounds is advised. Please do not try this at home  :D

That's what I assumed it was. I'm not a big Saki fan so I'll pass. Now, back in the day I did 15 Irish Car Bombs in a night.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1326 on: January 02, 2008, 05:01:23 PM »
That's what I assumed it was. I'm not a big Saki fan so I'll pass. Now, back in the day I did 15 Irish Car Bombs in a night.

I never thought I would like it either, but you don't taste the Sake. Plus, Sake is like happy juice, always got me in a good mood.

15 Irish Bombs, WOW,,,, :-X

busy = lightweight with booze

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1327 on: January 02, 2008, 05:23:21 PM »
I never thought I would like it either, but you don't taste the Sake. Plus, Sake is like happy juice, always got me in a good mood.

15 Irish Bombs, WOW,,,, :-X

busy = lightweight with booze

I know it wasn't a pretty morning the next day...  :P

It was about two years before I could drink another one.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #1328 on: January 02, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »
LOL i can taste the feeling now
TEAM Nasser

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1329 on: January 02, 2008, 08:09:03 PM »
The post New Years crowed has arrived...beware!

My gym is a fairly large gym but today they arrived right on schedule...absolutely slammed! And I'm talking retardadly slammed!

Wendsday is always leg day for me, and you know your gym is packed when training legs is difficult, lol!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1330 on: January 02, 2008, 08:15:59 PM »
Wendsday is always leg day for me, and you know your gym is packed when training legs is difficult, lol!

Exactly...you've got every backward ass fuck doing leg extensions, 1/8 rep leg presses, & using the squat rack for curls.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1331 on: January 02, 2008, 08:37:48 PM »
Exactly...you've got every backward ass fuck doing leg extensions, 1/8 rep leg presses, & using the squat rack for curls.
I didn't know you could squat there...I always call it the curl rack.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1332 on: January 02, 2008, 10:03:47 PM »
I didn't know you could squat there...I always call it the curl rack.

I thought I saw someone squating there once. But then again the way some people do curls it could resemble a deadlift-squat-clean and jerk-humping thing.

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
« Reply #1333 on: January 03, 2008, 05:42:23 AM »
be patiente .. the New years resolution people will be gone by the end of February as usual
 :P

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1334 on: January 03, 2008, 06:20:06 AM »
First you have a Japanese beer, I prefer Asahi

Then you take a shot of Sake, drop it in the beer and guzzle away!

Traditional method is to balance the shot glass on chop sticks, on top of the beer, hit the table to drop in. We used to go every Sat. and have races. Good times!

Warning: Only two full rounds is advised. Please do not try this at home  :D

Yup...i actually like the taste of a GOOD sake, most sake is nasty.

Sake bombs and Flaming Dr. Pepper's are my favorite "get you drunk" drinks.

Busy is right, it gives you a very happy/mellow drunk that can make or break you. sometimes it sneaks up on you and before you know it you can't walk! ;D

8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1335 on: January 03, 2008, 06:23:15 AM »
I thought I saw someone squatting there once. But then again the way some people do curls it could resemble a deadlift-squat-clean and jerk-humping thing.

Lol...i see more guys doing the deadlift-squat-clean-jerk-humping thing more than anything else these days. the other good one is the brutal 1/8th rep max lockout...

my gym was packed last night as well, i just went to do some cardio and i had to use the crappy stationary bike because everything else was taken. i've never seen so many obese people wearing underarmour and spandex in my entire life.

why does a 300 pound man/women need to wear spandex? aerodynamics?

8)

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
« Reply #1336 on: January 03, 2008, 06:43:11 AM »
The same reason they use make up and try not to get sweaty while working out
 :P

LOL

Lol...i see more guys doing the deadlift-squat-clean-jerk-humping thing more than anything else these days. the other good one is the brutal 1/8th rep max lockout...

my gym was packed last night as well, i just went to do some cardio and i had to use the crappy stationary bike because everything else was taken. i've never seen so many obese people wearing underarmour and spandex in my entire life.

why does a 300 pound man/women need to wear spandex? aerodynamics?

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1337 on: January 06, 2008, 09:14:05 AM »
I have to say the "New Years" crowd hasn't been too bad lately. I'm pretty impressed.

Just curious - what's the most sets you guys have done in one sitting? (warm-ups don't count)

A couple years ago I did 100 sets in a single workout (legs, back, abs, calves, & forearms). I was at the gym for over five hours (I did an hour of cardio).

It was a rather bizarre day. My mom called at about 4:30AM to tell me to come to the hospital because my grandfather was dying (which I did). He passed away about 6:30ish. I stayed at my folks until about 9:30AM & then went home. I took a two hour nap & didn't know what to do. My girlfriend (now wife) went out (I told her not to change her plans - besides I wanted to be alone). I didn't feel like drinking or anything so I decided to go to the gym & spent over five hours there.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1338 on: January 06, 2008, 09:24:48 AM »
I have to say the "New Years" crowd hasn't been too bad lately. I'm pretty impressed.

Just curious - what's the most sets you guys have done in one sitting? (warm-ups don't count)

A couple years ago I did 100 sets in a single workout (legs, back, abs, calves, & forearms). I was at the gym for over five hours (I did an hour of cardio).

It was a rather bizarre day. My mom called at about 4:30AM to tell me to come to the hospital because my grandfather was dying (which I did). He passed away about 6:30ish. I stayed at my folks until about 9:30AM & then went home. I took a two hour nap & didn't know what to do. My girlfriend (now wife) went out (I told her not to change her plans - besides I wanted to be alone). I didn't feel like drinking or anything so I decided to go to the gym & spent over five hours there.

That sounds very theraputic! In that case, I probably would have done the same thing to keep my mind occupied.

My whole training career has always been lower volume from day one. I did do a bit more volume with 3 sets per exercise for a whopping 20 sets per bigger muscle group but that is about it.

As for the New Years crowd, I was doing squats in the Barbell Curl Rack and this kid walked right under the bar before I started to go down. Stupid punk then would not move with 405 on my back!! I had to yell at him to move the fuck out of the way!! That shit is how someone gets hurt! He said, oh I did not know you were doing your set? Yeah, I never rack the weights, I just leave the bar on my shoulders in between sets... :-\

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1339 on: January 06, 2008, 09:32:26 AM »
That sounds very theraputic! In that case, I probably would have done the same thing to keep my mind occupied.

It was but boy was I sore for the next week or so.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1340 on: January 06, 2008, 09:57:23 AM »

My whole training career has always been lower volume from day one. I did do a bit more volume with 3 sets per exercise for a whopping 20 sets per bigger muscle group but that is about it.

As for the New Years crowd, I was doing squats in the Barbell Curl Rack and this kid walked right under the bar before I started to go down. Stupid punk then would not move with 405 on my back!! I had to yell at him to move the fuck out of the way!! That shit is how someone gets hurt! He said, oh I did not know you were doing your set? Yeah, I never rack the weights, I just leave the bar on my shoulders in between sets... :-\
Yeah, that's pretty much how I do it...helps build your traps.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1341 on: January 06, 2008, 10:00:23 AM »

What a douchebag.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1342 on: January 06, 2008, 03:45:18 PM »

Wow! You need to have managment clue him in. Thats not OK!

These dumbshits would get killed in 15 min on a const site.
What Kills me is, big dumb construction workers are more considerate than 99% or the general public  that does shit like  turn their shopping cart sideway, then block the rest of the room with their 3' wide ASS!

We kind of lean we'll DIE if we dont watch out WTF is going on around us on a job site..

That kid needs to get straightend out and you need someone to watch your back  if thats the case there.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1343 on: January 07, 2008, 09:26:30 AM »
Trust me, it was the most incredible piece of gym etiquette I have ever seen. He did a complete lap around the rack while the bar was on my back, totally unaware of what he was doing. At Lifetime, they are not used to people actually working out. If you are not balancing on a Bosu ball, you are not training.  ;)

I did talk to the Personal Training Dept head and told him to keep an eye out for these kids running around without parent supervision. But sometimes that falls on deaf ears at a "family fitness facility"  :-\

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #1344 on: January 07, 2008, 09:36:56 AM »
Trust me, it was the most incredible piece of gym etiquette I have ever seen. He did a complete lap around the rack while the bar was on my back, totally unaware of what he was doing. At Lifetime, they are not used to people actually working out. If you are not balancing on a Bosu ball, you are not training.  ;)

I did talk to the Personal Training Dept head and told him to keep an eye out for these kids running around without parent supervision. But sometimes that falls on deaf ears at a "family fitness facility"  :-\

haha and i thought the "gym" where i go was gay.
Where i train, there are many kids (15-18 yo) which are rugby players, and you wouldnt believe how is their "training" ... squats = 160kg (i dont even know if i can call it squats anyway since all they do is to get the bar off the rack, look @ mirror, count 1 2 3 while doing some nasty sounds and thats it.
Also its pretty usual to see them @ bench press, loaded with 100kg and when they are done, they dont realize they should unload 1 disc x side at a time else something might go wrong! and it always go wrong since the bar usually end hitting someone in the other side.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1345 on: January 07, 2008, 10:02:38 AM »

I work out at the Lifetime by me....only by default because it's only five minutes away (closest gym). I know what you mean about the kids running around. They've got "security" there who inforce the rules. It's funny because they're only good for chasing the twelve year olds out of the free weight area or questioning me about what's in my water bottle. I drink crystal light with BCAA powder while training so you can tell that it's not water. You're supposed to only drink water while training there. However, every asshole & there brother has one of those energy drinks in a can out on the floor...yet they fuck with me. I've complained a few times but it did nothing so I finally bought a red tinted water bottle.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1346 on: January 07, 2008, 10:59:37 AM »
I work out at the Lifetime by me....only by default because it's only five minutes away (closest gym). I know what you mean about the kids running around. They've got "security" there who inforce the rules. It's funny because they're only good for chasing the twelve year olds out of the free weight area or questioning me about what's in my water bottle. I drink crystal light with BCAA powder while training so you can tell that it's not water. You're supposed to only drink water while training there. However, every asshole & there brother has one of those energy drinks in a can out on the floor...yet they fuck with me. I've complained a few times but it did nothing so I finally bought a red tinted water bottle.

Holy shit,,, Whats in your bottle... ???

Freedom....

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1347 on: January 07, 2008, 11:05:52 AM »

Holy shit, they police that out there too?? I drink Xpand and is bright purple in a water bottle. Sometimes a new trainer will question me (usually only once  ;)) what it is and give me the "only water up here" speal. I have yet to stop bringing it.  

You know they mess with you because you probably do not fit their member model. Those of us stand out and "normal" people freak out a bit because not many are in shape much less bigger than average.

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #1348 on: January 09, 2008, 05:13:15 PM »
What's a Saki Bomb? Is that like an Irish Car Bomb or Boilermaker?

Boilermaker another famous one from the university days...
Just spot me BITCH!!!

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #1349 on: January 09, 2008, 05:15:26 PM »
Yup...i actually like the taste of a GOOD sake, most sake is nasty.

Sake bombs and Flaming Dr. Pepper's are my favorite "get you drunk" drinks.

Busy is right, it gives you a very happy/mellow drunk that can make or break you. sometimes it sneaks up on you and before you know it you can't walk! ;D

8)

The coldshot shotgun is a great way to get to the point of no return quick. We used to do keg stands when I was in university as well....not pretty
Just spot me BITCH!!!