Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 829899 times)

4thAD

Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #1725 on: May 30, 2008, 01:28:54 PM »
Very very nice!

Hey Luv whats up with you, you've been very negative lately. I remember you calling out BJBF for the same kind of shit "being negative" and now your laying it on thick. Im not busting your balls bro, but whats the deal man? Diet getting to you? LOL  ;D

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #1726 on: May 30, 2008, 04:59:33 PM »
Contrast Shower for Recovery:

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1727 on: May 30, 2008, 06:06:15 PM »

That was extraordinarily gay and funny at the same time! ;D

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #1728 on: May 30, 2008, 06:10:20 PM »
Haha, yea I just enjoyed watching that guy scream like a girl.  It's like he knew it was going to happen, what did he expect?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1729 on: May 30, 2008, 07:56:43 PM »
Very very nice!

Hey Luv whats up with you, you've been very negative lately. I remember you calling out BJBF for the same kind of shit "being negative" and now your laying it on thick. Im not busting your balls bro, but whats the deal man? Diet getting to you? LOL  ;D

I don't know about very negative, maybe a bit lol.  Certain responses get me that way I guess. If you are referring to my response to Emmortal well I thought what he said was harsh and frankly childish.  In his reply to my post he came off all Innocent like "just not my type" and "why cant I have my opinion"  Would have all been cool if his second post on the matter was his first post.  Its no big deal really i don't know the chick but when anonymous people make fun of pepole like that it reminds me of JR high.

4thAD

« Reply #1730 on: May 31, 2008, 12:13:39 AM »
yeah I hear you bro, but Emmortal is a real good guy. he didn't mean any harm!

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #1731 on: May 31, 2008, 12:14:53 AM »
I don't know about very negative, maybe a bit lol.  Certain responses get me that way I guess. If you are referring to my response to Emmortal well I thought what he said was harsh and frankly childish.  In his reply to my post he came off all Innocent like "just not my type" and "why cant I have my opinion"  Would have all been cool if his second post on the matter was his first post.  Its no big deal really i don't know the chick but when anonymous people make fun of pepole like that it reminds me of JR high.

You're right, I could have worded it better, sometimes I'm just frank and to the point when I have little time.  I wasn't making fun of her really, at least in my mind, but I should have chosen my words more carefully.  Cheers.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1732 on: May 31, 2008, 06:03:40 AM »
yeah I hear you bro, but Emmortal is a real good guy. he didn't mean any harm!

I can see that he is a good guy.

You're right, I could have worded it better, sometimes I'm just frank and to the point when I have little time.  I wasn't making fun of her really, at least in my mind, but I should have chosen my words more carefully.  Cheers.

Its all good mate  :)  Glad to have you here.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1733 on: May 31, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »

WTF?

I'm going to try that!  ;D

8)

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1734 on: May 31, 2008, 01:48:13 PM »
I'm glad that shower guy said that he trains, otherwise i wouldn't had known...

As far as that cold-hot theory goes, i think there really is something to it and people can do it as long as they don't have heart issues.

The most retarded thing about that gay/funny video was that the guy actually thought that hi's tough because he can stay in a cold shower for 15 secs...

Where i live we warm the Sauna to extreme heat and then after like 20 mins jump in to a hole that was drilled into the ice on the lake/sea.

PS.
I hope that guy gets the AIDS.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #1735 on: May 31, 2008, 09:33:50 PM »
I'm glad that shower guy said that he trains, otherwise i wouldn't had known...

As far as that cold-hot theory goes, i think there really is something to it and people can do it as long as they don't have heart issues.

The most retarded thing about that gay/funny video was that the guy actually thought that hi's tough because he can stay in a cold shower for 15 secs...

Where i live we warm the Sauna to extreme heat and then after like 20 mins jump in to a hole that was drilled into the ice on the lake/sea.

PS.
I hope that guy gets the AIDS.
i took a bus from turku to a lake side sauna when i was there luol,  dduuuudddeeee   that lake was so damn cold ! you guys are nuts !

of course i had to jump in though... i had three fine looking females all there egging me on  ;D

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1736 on: June 01, 2008, 01:05:24 AM »
i took a bus from turku to a lake side sauna when i was there luol,  dduuuudddeeee   that lake was so damn cold ! you guys are nuts !

of course i had to jump in though... i had three fine looking females all there egging me on  ;D

Women can make you do weird shit that's for sure.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #1737 on: June 01, 2008, 01:47:37 AM »
Women can make you do weird shit that's for sure.

The real trick is, getting them to do even weirder shit.

4thAD

« Reply #1738 on: June 01, 2008, 11:25:19 AM »

Thats the fun part! LMAO

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1739 on: June 01, 2008, 01:34:20 PM »

Precisely!!!

Once you master this, your life will become much more interesting...

8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1740 on: June 03, 2008, 07:33:52 AM »
Questionable Ethics?

My friends, i need some help.

Ok, i work for a large Engineering Consulting Company, and i have just been moved into a very good management position. now, i'm stuck in a sort of dilemma. the company i work for has been around for over 40 years, and many of the employees here have worked here for 20-30 years, so they have "seniority"...well, these people are lazy bastards who don't do shit 90% of the day. my department designs and builds subdivisions all over southeast Texas, and as many of you know, the housing industry is shit right now. most of our middle-class home builders are refusing to move forward, which means i have a lot of work on "hold". so, times are tough, but getting better...

OK, so i have 10 people who work for me, most of them hard workers, many of them useless, but they have "seniority". the owner has asked me to let 2 people go and told me it is at "my" discretion. well, there are 2 people who charge overhead everyday, show up late, leave early, and pretty much piss 90% of the day away. this is cutting into profits, so i decide i want to can them, BUT they have both been here for almost 20 years(i've been here 2 years)...one guy is on the verge of retirement, but he's burning up my budgets and i don't like that, no matter how old you are.

So i give the 2 names to our HR guy, and he goes apeshit..."YOU CAN'T FIRE THESE GUYS, THEY HAVE BEEN HERE FOREVER"!...i tell HR that i've been put in charge of letting the "lazy" people go and that he should speak to the owner if he has a problem.

Here is the problem, the HR guy is a complete moron, and isn't really working with me on this. he decides to play "games"...he tells me that the owner informed him that "I" am not to let these two guys go, and that i need to choose different people because they have been here so long. i go and speak with the owner, he informs ME that the HR guy never even spoke with him...WTF?

So the HR is playing some bullshit games, and he even told some employees that I am trying to fire people for no reason...now half the company thinks i'm the bad guy, but i'm just doing my job. i have until friday to make my decision, but i'm supposed to coordinate with the HR guy, who keeps telling me i can't let these 2 guys go.

MY QUESTIONS IS - how do i go about proving the HR is playing these games? i'm going to approach the owner about it tomorrow, but he's too busy to be dealing with this bullshit. i don't want to start a bunch of shit with the HR guy, but he's fucking up my plan and spreading lies, but I HAVE NO PROOF THAT HE HAS DONE ANYTHING...he's been here for 15 years, so they might take his word over mine.

i need to prove that he is lying to me and putting words into the owners mouth, but i need it in writing!

8)

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1741 on: June 03, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
Briefly discuss your two choices with the owner (your boss) and get his final OK. Then tell the hr guy to tell you how to go about it.  Usually there is a standard protocol to use.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #1742 on: June 03, 2008, 11:38:27 AM »
Briefly discuss your two choices with the owner (your boss) and get his final OK. Then tell the hr guy to tell you how to go about it.  Usually there is a standard protocol to use.

I agree.  Go straight to your boss, you don't report to the HR guy.  Your boss has the final say, get his word for the ok and go from there.

This is a pretty sticky situation though.  I've had to fire people and it's never fun.  Have you considered talking to the guys in question who have been there for a long time to see if they'll clean up their act?  Canning someone close to retirement would be a pretty tough thing to do without at least reprimanding the guy first before firing him.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1743 on: June 03, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »
I agree.  Go straight to your boss, you don't report to the HR guy.  Your boss has the final say, get his word for the ok and go from there.

This is a pretty sticky situation though.  I've had to fire people and it's never fun.  Have you considered talking to the guys in question who have been there for a long time to see if they'll clean up their act?  Canning someone close to retirement would be a pretty tough thing to do without at least reprimanding the guy first before firing him.

Good points...

i'm supposed to "coordinate" with the HR guy, the owner is a big wig and doesn't have time for this type of thing. basically i have the authority to let these guys go, but the HR guy refuses to listen to me...fucking power struggle. so now i have to get the owner to make the HR guy do his job. i have already been given the OK to can the guys, it's just that the HR refuses.

The 2 guys in question have been warned several times about charging overhead and showing up late, every day(and i'm talking "hours" late). these guys should be 100% billable and they have to get permission to charge overhead, but they charge 10-15 hours overhead a week without my approval. i wrote them up twice already and i was told to do so by the owner. so this shouldn't be a surprise to them.

The guy about to retire has been charging time to jobs he never even worked on, so i wrote him up for that...he laughed. I'm not an asshole, but when the owner tells me to can the "weakest link" i have no choice but to can the guys who are burning my budgets, regardless of age.

All my other employees do not behave like these two guys and they are all 100% billable.

I've only been in this position for 2 months, so i'm trying to do this right and by the book. we have a good team of people, but these 2 guys are messing up the delicate balance around here.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1744 on: June 03, 2008, 01:15:35 PM »
If you were trying to develop a good bodybuilding related web site, what are some things you'd like to see there? What would make a perfect BB web site in your opinion?

BTW, feel free to mention things you don't' like, but I'm more interested in the positive aspects...I think we all have a hand on what's BS.

I'm not referring simply to message board aspects but the whole web site in general. For example, MD & BB.com's web sites...how would you make these web sites better? What features would you add? What would you like to see more of?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #1745 on: June 03, 2008, 01:21:28 PM »
If you were trying to develop a good bodybuilding related web site, what are some things you'd like to see there? What would make a perfect BB web site in your opinion?

BTW, feel free to mention things you don't' like, but I'm more interested in the positive aspects...I think we all have a hand on what's BS.

I'm not referring simply to message board aspects but the whole web site in general. For example, MD & BB.com's web sites...how would you make these web sites better? What features would you add? What would you like to see more of?
radio and videos are what i like.....i can watch md tv alllll day long; in fact ive re watched every one of those vids like 10 times each, same with alll the radio shows (bignation, no bull, and PBW)

discounted supplements are cool

q&a threads with legit experts are cool

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1746 on: June 03, 2008, 02:18:13 PM »
So i give the 2 names to our HR guy, and he goes apeshit..."YOU CAN'T FIRE THESE GUYS, THEY HAVE BEEN HERE FOREVER"!...i tell HR that i've been put in charge of letting the "lazy" people go and that he should speak to the owner if he has a problem.

I've heard that one before. Last year I was doing someone's evaluation & gave him all averages. I was told "he's been here over 15 years how can you only give him averages?". I kind of lost it & tore the evaluation up & said "I give up you do his evaluation then.".

Either way I feel your pain about those guys/gals who've been with a company forever & they're shitty empolyees who are either untouchable, entitled, or both.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1747 on: June 03, 2008, 05:30:03 PM »
Good points...

i'm supposed to "coordinate" with the HR guy, the owner is a big wig and doesn't have time for this type of thing. basically i have the authority to let these guys go, but the HR guy refuses to listen to me...fucking power struggle. so now i have to get the owner to make the HR guy do his job. i have already been given the OK to can the guys, it's just that the HR refuses.

The 2 guys in question have been warned several times about charging overhead and showing up late, every day(and i'm talking "hours" late). these guys should be 100% billable and they have to get permission to charge overhead, but they charge 10-15 hours overhead a week without my approval. i wrote them up twice already and i was told to do so by the owner. so this shouldn't be a surprise to them.

The guy about to retire has been charging time to jobs he never even worked on, so i wrote him up for that...he laughed. I'm not an asshole, but when the owner tells me to can the "weakest link" i have no choice but to can the guys who are burning my budgets, regardless of age.

All my other employees do not behave like these two guys and they are all 100% billable.

I've only been in this position for 2 months, so i'm trying to do this right and by the book. we have a good team of people, but these 2 guys are messing up the delicate balance around here.

8)

It sounds like their was fraud involved.  That alone would cause me to fire the person on the spot. 

Another important point: always do it with compasion and respect no matter how much of a f*ck up they might be. 

4thAD

« Reply #1748 on: June 03, 2008, 05:56:09 PM »
Hey bro if you want to have some longevity in that company and work in a good enviroment lay off from the bottom up. No one can fault you for this. Let the owners fire the lazy. Ive dealt with kind of stuff for a long time and it is the best way to go. If they were Union you would have no choice but to layoff from the bottom, regardless of employee worth!

Do your self and stay out of the company politics. Employees opinion of a new manager can sometimes make or break a manager. When the big guys start hearing lots of negative feed back on managers they sometimes go. When you lay off 20 year employee's you put out the message that no one's job is safe, and this destroy's morale! - Good Luck Brotha

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #1749 on: June 03, 2008, 07:14:25 PM »

Q&A with experts/Pros/trainers
Discount supplements (that's a good one lol)
Supplement reviews based on real-life experiences by people who have used them, not people who are selling them ::)
Informative articles that are not too long and boring
Interactive training advice/information (it sounds good, but I don't really know what it means ;D)
Hot chicks  :-*

:)