Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 829790 times)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #2325 on: October 23, 2008, 01:03:47 PM »
I just fuckin severly pulled or tore my hammy!  :'(

Last set of hams, standing leg curls, left side, loud POP.

Sitting on ice right now, any suggestions or similar experinces bro's? This seems to be an ongoing issue with my hammys the last year or so?!

Hamstrings are dicey.......you have to know your own limitations.

You'll know soon whether it's a tear or pull.

If there's bruising around the area and no flexibility, I'm fairly sure it's a tear of some degree.

Either way it will heal, but you'll be limited in terms of hamsting isolation exercises.

You should probably go get it looked at just to be sure.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2326 on: October 23, 2008, 04:19:06 PM »
I just fuckin severly pulled or tore my hammy!  :'(

Last set of hams, standing leg curls, left side, loud POP.

Sitting on ice right now, any suggestions or similar experinces bro's? This seems to be an ongoing issue with my hammys the last year or so?!

Damn...sorry to hear that. Please keep us updated.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2327 on: October 23, 2008, 05:34:16 PM »
Thanks guys, doing all the above.

No brusing as of this am, so lets hope it is just a strain. If I tore it, would be lumpy and brusing by now...

Have to re-work my game plan as this is happening too often.  >:(
where do you live bro? in california that is grounds to get yourself a medical maijuana card.  :D

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2328 on: October 23, 2008, 06:25:43 PM »
Damn...sorry to hear that. Please keep us updated.

Well, 24 hours later, it has started to bruise. Which is a good sign that it is not torn completely as it would have bruised much sooner and deeper.... Once the swelling went down, I could tell it didnt tear completely, more like a sever strain.

My insurance just ended, starting a new job but have a friend that has a Physical Therapy place and will do some ultra sounds for me on the side. That helped it heal quick last time.  :-\

where do you live bro? in california that is grounds to get yourself a medical maijuana card.  :D

Used to be in Cali, when the shops were not getting busted as much as nowadays.

True story, my mom had one of the original cards back in the day. She has glycoma and tons of other ailments and I was visiting her for the Holidays. She walked right into a San Fran shop, bought her 2 g. and was on her way. That was the best law ever passed for old hippies like her.  8)

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2329 on: October 23, 2008, 06:40:22 PM »
Mike Quinn wore a tighter shirt today for the first time.  Maybe he reads GetBig and my comments about the baggy shirts?   ;D

He's still pretty big, but definitely has the pregnant look going on. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2330 on: October 23, 2008, 08:39:02 PM »
Well, 24 hours later, it has started to bruise. Which is a good sign that it is not torn completely as it would have bruised much sooner and deeper.... Once the swelling went down, I could tell it didnt tear completely, more like a sever strain.

My insurance just ended, starting a new job but have a friend that has a Physical Therapy place and will do some ultra sounds for me on the side. That helped it heal quick last time.  :-\

True story, my mom had one of the original cards back in the day. She has glycoma and tons of other ailments and I was visiting her for the Holidays. She walked right into a San Fran shop, bought her 2 g. and was on her way. That was the best law ever passed for old hippies like her.  8)

Busy, I had a similar thing happen about 4 or 5 years ago with one of my pecs. I thought I had torn it to shreds at first, it hurt like a bitch but it didn't show any signs of a bruise till at least 24 or 36 hours later. And I could tell by looking at it like you that it wasn't a deep bruise.

Even so, and I don't say this to shoot your hopes down or anything, it was a good 6 months before I could train chest hard again, and even then I had to be very careful for another 6 months. Even now years later I can still feel that spot aching a little bit, but nothing too serious but I would imagine it will always ache when I try to lift heavy...just one of those things.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2331 on: October 24, 2008, 05:19:57 AM »

Speedy recovery bro, you will be good to go soon.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2332 on: October 24, 2008, 07:57:33 AM »
Busy, I had a similar thing happen about 4 or 5 years ago with one of my pecs. I thought I had torn it to shreds at first, it hurt like a bitch but it didn't show any signs of a bruise till at least 24 or 36 hours later. And I could tell by looking at it like you that it wasn't a deep bruise.

Even so, and I don't say this to shoot your hopes down or anything, it was a good 6 months before I could train chest hard again, and even then I had to be very careful for another 6 months. Even now years later I can still feel that spot aching a little bit, but nothing too serious but I would imagine it will always ache when I try to lift heavy...just one of those things.

Yeah, I bet it will take forever to heal properly which is why it probably keeps happening. However, dont have forever so been exploring alternative methods to speed recovery and one option is the ultra-sounds.

Is what it is but will never sacrafice my long term health for a bodybuilding show.

Speedy recovery bro, you will be good to go soon.

Thanks brother! Lets hope so..

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2333 on: October 24, 2008, 09:12:53 AM »
I ruptured some fibers in my tricep a few years ago and it took about 48 hours before a golf ball size bruise formed. it was black/blue with a red/white spot in the middle. i laid off all pressing movements for 6 weeks per my ortho and it has never given me any problems.

Hamstrings are under so much tension throughout daily activities that they take forever to heal. a little PT will help a ton.

Good luck!

8)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2334 on: October 24, 2008, 01:58:55 PM »
Mike Quinn wore a tighter shirt today for the first time.  Maybe he reads GetBig and my comments about the baggy shirts?   ;D

He's still pretty big, but definitely has the pregnant look going on. 

I think Michael does read the forum.....

Most lifters have body dysmorphia as it is, but with a distended gut you'd have to wonder how he deals with it.

Have you asked him personally?   ???

DIV

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2335 on: October 24, 2008, 05:45:10 PM »
I think Michael does read the forum.....

Most lifters have body dysmorphia as it is, but with a distended gut you'd have to wonder how he deals with it.

Have you asked him personally?   ???

DIV

What do you suggest I ask?  Hey Mike, how do you manage carrying around that basketball under your shirt?  I don't think so.  He's not the friendliest looking guy.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2336 on: October 24, 2008, 06:24:47 PM »
i got 10 lbs waxy maize for 25 bucks total

http://www.intensemuscle.com/32862-huge-trueprotein-auction-ends-tommorow-friday-6pm-3.html

;D

you snooze you lose !!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2337 on: October 24, 2008, 07:21:47 PM »
What do you suggest I ask?  Hey Mike, how do you manage carrying around that basketball under your shirt?  I don't think so.  He's not the friendliest looking guy.

Well, first, how large are you?    ???

That would determine whether you ask or not.

I would ask........but that's just me.

Hell, if Nasser worked out in my area, I'd probably ask him why he couldn't bring his back up during his prime years.

I remember, he was only a back away from winning the O during the Yates years........

Yates sure wasn't blowing anyone away with the torn biceps/triceps.

Lee Priest lives in Scottsdale, but I'm not driving across town just to ask him for a Pro-Lab dry-fit shirt......   ;D

DIV

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2338 on: October 25, 2008, 03:20:39 AM »

Hell, if Nasser worked out in my area, I'd probably ask him why he couldn't bring his back up during his prime years.

I remember, he was only a back away from winning the O during the Yates years........

Lee Priest lives in Scottsdale, but I'm not driving across town just to ask him for a Pro-Lab dry-fit shirt......   ;D

DIV

First, I hope you don't think size is relevant to who can win a fight.  Second, I just wouldn't ask that because I'm not that rude.  I probably shouldn't have even posted these comments just for the simple fact the guy may read them.  My intent is not to make anyone feel like shit.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2339 on: October 25, 2008, 08:19:50 AM »
First, I hope you don't think size is relevant to who can win a fight.  Second, I just wouldn't ask that because I'm not that rude.  I probably shouldn't have even posted these comments just for the simple fact the guy may read them.  My intent is not to make anyone feel like shit.

Not Mikes fault. He was a product of the 80's!! More is better!

I remember talking with Vinnie Comerford who like Mike went into the WBF. They never got a fair shake in IFBB after that but anyway, he would tell me, if there was room in the syringe, they would fill it. Usually with no rhyme or reason why they stacked and took what they took. They had no or little knowledge of stacks, pct, etc like we have today.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2340 on: October 25, 2008, 09:57:17 AM »

No, size doesn't mean much in terms of a fight, but I wouldn't have an issue asking Michael about it if it was something I just had to know.

I never see these guys from the 80's anymore........

Not Mikes fault. He was a product of the 80's!! More is better!

I remember talking with Vinnie Comerford who like Mike went into the WBF. They never got a fair shake in IFBB after that but anyway, he would tell me, if there was room in the syringe, they would fill it. Usually with no rhyme or reason why they stacked and took what they took. They had no or little knowledge of stacks, pct, etc like we have today.

I wonder what the dosages were like in the 80's compared to the mass craze of the 90's?

I have to think guys like Priest, Nasser, Yates were doing alot more than the Quinns of the world.

I remember those years..........Priest was like a monster for his height.  It's too bad he never won an Olympia.

DIV

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2341 on: October 25, 2008, 04:14:38 PM »
Probably right, the 90's more quanity but with better science on stacking these drugs.

Seems the guys in the 80's were just haphazard with dosing, amounts, etc. Vinnie had no plan on what he was doing, just shooting whatever he could  :-\

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2342 on: October 27, 2008, 08:34:06 AM »

DIV

Well then will you go ask him so I can have one?  ;D

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2343 on: October 28, 2008, 08:00:37 AM »
Well then will you go ask him so I can have one?  ;D

If he hasn't sent me one and I live in the same city, why is he giving you one?

Don't be a Pro-Lab slut!   ;D

DIV

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2344 on: October 28, 2008, 08:04:38 AM »
If he hasn't sent me one and I live in the same city, why is he giving you one?

Don't be a Pro-Lab slut!   ;D

DIV

Hey I was thinking that maybe since you wouldn't drive across town to get yourself a shirt you'd drive across town to get me one.  ;D

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2345 on: October 28, 2008, 08:10:12 AM »
Hey I was thinking that maybe since you wouldn't drive across town to get yourself a shirt you'd drive across town to get me one.  ;D

If you pick me up a few Sostenon 250 pre-loads from Mexico, I'll have Lee Priest give you one of his Pro-Lab dri-fit shirts.

Haven't ever seen the Organon Sostenon from Mexico.

Fair trade?   ???

DIV

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2346 on: October 28, 2008, 08:29:49 AM »
If you pick me up a few Sostenon 250 pre-loads from Mexico, I'll have Lee Priest give you one of his Pro-Lab dri-fit shirts.

Haven't ever seen the Organon Sostenon from Mexico.

Fair trade?   ???

DIV

No...you're closer...I live near Detroit. How about a steal you a Cadillac or something?  ;)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2347 on: October 28, 2008, 08:31:39 AM »
No...you're closer...I live near Detroit. How about a steal you a Cadillac or something?  ;)

Steal me a pale goth chick with a thick full ass and I'll get you some Pro-Labs shirts from Lee Priest.......sweaty ones.

DIV

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2348 on: October 28, 2008, 08:32:42 AM »
Steal me a pale goth chick with a thick full ass and I'll get you some Pro-Labs shirts from Lee Priest.......sweaty ones.

DIV

Deal...

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #2349 on: October 28, 2008, 09:46:48 AM »
mmmm...pale goth chicks...