Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 829808 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #2500 on: November 19, 2008, 07:18:05 AM »
It's part of growing up.  You sound like you are making a good shift in your life priorities.  Now you are taking something you love (bodybuilding) and have found a way to capitalize on it (probodybuilding.com).  That's really awesome. 

Just keep the focus on your professional life because that's what pays the bills in the long run.  But, also take care of yourself physically, mentally and spiritually.  Most guys just focus on the 'physical' and neglect the other two.  As you get older, you realize that mental and spiritual health is just as important.  Don't put so much pressure on yourself in the gym that you start to hate it.

It sounds like you are getting there.  Again, congrats.

That's pretty much how I see it. Unfortunately for me, I was never able to find a way to get paid and paid well when I would spend 90% of my time living a bodybuilding lifestyle. Every time I would do bench as soon as I got done I'd look under the bench to see if there was a $100, but it never did happen.

Big Rock.

• Getbig II
  • Quit yer snivelin'
« Reply #2501 on: November 19, 2008, 11:07:59 AM »
Every time I would do bench as soon as I got done I'd look under the bench to see if there was a $100, but it never did happen.

Ahhh, the bench press Leprechaun. I've been chasing that little green bastard for years.

Always seems to just allude me....

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2502 on: November 19, 2008, 12:12:55 PM »

Ahhh, the bench press Leprechaun. I've been chasing that little green bastard for years.

Always seems to just allude me....

You know about him too?

Yeah he's a fast and sneaky little pecker head...thing is, I think he actually takes money out of my pocket when I'm on the bench...so he's a real pain in the ass.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2503 on: November 19, 2008, 04:23:10 PM »
How do you figure? In the past IMO I've been too obsessed. It wasn't healthy by any means. Other things rank higher on the priority list. They have to...it's the only way you can get ahead in this life...piles of muscle do zero for me in that department. Now the years of living like I do did pave the way for the new project at probodybuilding.com, but overall it has been the fact that I have the ability to write and produce what's needed for the site.

I still train hard when I train...but if I need to skip a day I do, I make it up the next day. The biggest changes, my routine is not a routine any more...I get everything in every wk but there is no set schedule. Less sets, probably less sets then should be sometimes...can't deny this.

You train for a different purpose than I do, so I can't speak for you.

I find that I train better when I have consistency and that goes with my diet as well.

You need to make money, so lifting has to take a backseat, just don't let it slide too long.....

It will show up in your maxes, if you plan to max out.

Personally, I like my strength so that alone would keep me from letting things slide.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2504 on: November 19, 2008, 05:04:29 PM »

You train for a different purpose than I do, so I can't speak for you.

I find that I train better when I have consistency and that goes with my diet as well.

You need to make money, so lifting has to take a backseat, just don't let it slide too long.....

It will show up in your maxes, if you plan to max out.

Personally, I like my strength so that alone would keep me from letting things slide.

DIV

I would say its been at least 4 years since I maxed on anything

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2505 on: November 19, 2008, 05:22:19 PM »
I would say its been at least 4 years since I maxed on anything

As with Overload, my maxes are my everything.

Full muscle stimulation and control, negatives, static holds on maxes.

I look like a bear, just imagine if I dieted down like a bodybuilder.

One guy said I resemble a baby cutler......blocky, wide.....large muscle bellies.   ;D

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2506 on: November 19, 2008, 10:03:31 PM »
As with Overload, my maxes are my everything.

Full muscle stimulation and control, negatives, static holds on maxes.

I look like a bear, just imagine if I dieted down like a bodybuilder.

One guy said I resemble a baby cutler......blocky, wide.....large muscle bellies.   ;D

DIV

I'm not going to lie...sometimes I am tempted to max out, but not tempted enough to change what I do.

The Rest/Pause technique has become one of my favorite things on presses the past few years, still a big fan of drop sets too.

My favorite chest workout:

Incline Fly's: 3 sets, 8-10 on first 2, last one, 8-10 then drop it in half to failure, then drop it in half to failure again

Incline DB Press: 3 sets: first 2 10-12 reps, 3rd 6-8reps...absolute failure

Wide Grip Hammer Strength press: 2-3 sets to failure...usually 6-8 reps each, sometimes will drop the 3rd set

Incline BB press: 2 sets, each one rest/pause on every rep...about 3-4 seconds down, hold about an inch above the chest for 2sec and press

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2507 on: November 20, 2008, 02:02:19 AM »
I'm not going to lie...sometimes I am tempted to max out, but not tempted enough to change what I do.

The Rest/Pause technique has become one of my favorite things on presses the past few years, still a big fan of drop sets too.

My favorite chest workout:

Incline Fly's: 3 sets, 8-10 on first 2, last one, 8-10 then drop it in half to failure, then drop it in half to failure again

Incline DB Press: 3 sets: first 2 10-12 reps, 3rd 6-8reps...absolute failure

Wide Grip Hammer Strength press: 2-3 sets to failure...usually 6-8 reps each, sometimes will drop the 3rd set

Incline BB press: 2 sets, each one rest/pause on every rep...about 3-4 seconds down, hold about an inch above the chest for 2sec and press

That's VERY similar to the methodology I use.  But, I always feel like I'm not intense enough or not going completely to failure. 

Sometimes I wonder if it's just in my head.  I've been working out for 20+ years and my form, etc. is so good that in reality I probably work harder or at least more effectively than 99% of the guys in the gym.  But, I always question my intensity anyway. 

Anyone do this?

io856

« Reply #2508 on: November 20, 2008, 02:33:08 AM »
That's VERY similar to the methodology I use.  But, I always feel like I'm not intense enough or not going completely to failure. 

Sometimes I wonder if it's just in my head.  I've been working out for 20+ years and my form, etc. is so good that in reality I probably work harder or at least more effectively than 99% of the guys in the gym.  But, I always question my intensity anyway. 

Anyone do this?
of course

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2509 on: November 20, 2008, 09:40:32 PM »

Anyone do this?
I'd say without question that is my biggest problem these days...but that is because my motivation to train harder is down...still motivated to train, just don't seem to push it as hard as often.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2510 on: November 21, 2008, 06:52:36 AM »
I'd say without question that is my biggest problem these days...but that is because my motivation to train harder is down...still motivated to train, just don't seem to push it as hard as often.

That's when you shouldn't train at all, IMO.

I'm an all or nothing type trainer.....

If I'm not in to it mentally, the physical part is irrelevant.

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2511 on: November 21, 2008, 08:44:49 AM »

DIV

I know what you mean, but I got to keep working out or otherwise I'd end up a fat ass

4thAD

« Reply #2512 on: November 21, 2008, 08:46:26 AM »
I know what you mean, but I got to keep working out or otherwise I'd end up a fat ass

and you can end up losing all motivation if you don't train. Even if the motivation isn't there keep training til you find it again.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2513 on: November 21, 2008, 12:31:45 PM »

I'd rather cut diet and gain some bodyfat than go through the motions at the gym.

All or Nothing........

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2514 on: November 21, 2008, 03:32:35 PM »
I'd rather cut diet and gain some bodyfat than go through the motions at the gym.

All or Nothing........

DIV

To each his own but I enjoy my sexiness 8)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #2515 on: November 21, 2008, 04:19:40 PM »

HOT
TEAM Nasser

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2516 on: November 21, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »

When you start to think like a woman, you might as well be a woman.

I attract the type of women who have average looking husbands, and my BF% really hasn't hindered me in any way.

Unfortunately, I don't accept married women and those are the types that go out of their way to flirt with me the most, husband watching notwithstanding.

I could never be one of those male sluts who pull pussy at the gym, it's just so sleazy.....   :P

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2517 on: November 21, 2008, 07:31:35 PM »
When you start to think like a woman, you might as well be a woman.

I attract the type of women who have average looking husbands, and my BF% really hasn't hindered me in any way.

Unfortunately, I don't accept married women and those are the types that go out of their way to flirt with me the most, husband watching notwithstanding.

I could never be one of those male sluts who pull pussy at the gym, it's just so sleazy.....   :P

DIV

That's not my point.

I just don't like being too out of shape. If I get 15% or over in BF, I feel like crap, I feel fat and sluggish. I feel my best when I am around 12%.

Of course I look my best around 8% but it is too hard to stay there for any length of time...at least for me.

As far as picking up girls at the gym. I've dated several women that I've met at the gym...IMO it only makes sense since that's where I spend the largest amount of my time. I don't walk around preying on them, but it's easy to find someone of interest and who is somewhat like minded there...at least for me it is.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #2518 on: November 21, 2008, 07:36:28 PM »
That's not my point.

I just don't like being too out of shape. If I get 15% or over in BF, I feel like crap, I feel fat and sluggish. I feel my best when I am around 12%.

Of course I look my best around 8% but it is too hard to stay there for any length of time...at least for me.

As far as picking up girls at the gym. I've dated several women that I've met at the gym...IMO it only makes sense since that's where I spend the largest amount of my time. I don't walk around preying on them, but it's easy to find someone of interest and who is somewhat like minded there...at least for me it is.

dating girls @ gym is useless. I met mine years ago, and invited her to some peruvian restaurant food, later we ended dancing a romantic "sabor a mi" performed by eydie gormez.

thats class :)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2519 on: November 21, 2008, 08:31:20 PM »

I think it's too much a conflict of interests, plus women tend to think they have a right to talk to you whenever they want once you let them in once.

I've had to have "the talk" with a few women, to let them know that there's no interest on my part, esp the married ones.

If there's one thing I can't stand at the gym it's a woman who thinks it's her right to interrupt my time because she wants attention......it's a turn-off and a guarantee that she gets no play.

I respect the women who are disciplined and less attention-whoring.

There is one particular woman who is annoying as fuck......married, boatload of kids, yet rides just about every bodybuilder in the gym for attention.

I'm probably the only guy who ignores her, and she has tried just about every tactic to lure me in.

I've even caught her staring, blatantly.......even when I'm training clients.

Women are a trip.........especially when you give them the brush-off.   ;D

DIV

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2520 on: November 22, 2008, 02:58:47 AM »
Yes, it's so easy to play with their heads.  Did any of you read that Pick Up Artist book?  I can't remember the name.  Is it "The Game?"  It's so true what they teach....

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2521 on: November 22, 2008, 07:39:47 AM »

DIV

No, that's when you end up sitting on your ass & getting fat.* Even if you're not going in the gym to set personal records but still going you're doing some good. Shit you're doing more then most of the population.

*That's what I did all summer...couldn't train hard, back was always bothering me (because of only using half my body to lift), & I was unmotivated because I couldn't really do any upper body exercises. So instead of hitting legs lightly & cardio I sat by the lake drinking beer & smoking cigars getting soft. While it was fun in hindsight I wish I would've just went to the gym a little more. 

strength

« Reply #2522 on: November 22, 2008, 07:59:12 AM »
When i start feeling mentally fried from the gym and start noticing that i need some time off.  Then i will take a few days off and "go through the motions".  For me, the gym is the only time i have to myself.  No distractions, just me time.  so i never take more than 3 days off.  It is like therapy for me.  I NEED that hour a day to recharge and destress myself.  Even if i hardly break a sweat.  that's just what works for me.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2523 on: November 22, 2008, 08:00:05 AM »
When i start feeling mentally fried from the gym and start noticing that i need some time off.  Then i will take a few days off and "go through the motions".  For me, the gym is the only time i have to myself.  No distractions, just me time.  so i never take more than 3 days off.  It is like therapy for me.  I NEED that hour a day to recharge and destress myself.  Even if i hardly break a sweat.  that's just what works for me.

Amen.

Where you been lately?

strength

« Reply #2524 on: November 22, 2008, 08:08:45 AM »
This divorce that i've told you about is consuming so much of our time... It will be over soon,  He's getting served monday....

The kids are over at our house all time.  I've been playing Daddy for them now to, picking them up from school, ball games, taking them to school. 

So yeah, thats where i've been LOL.......