Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 829832 times)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #2550 on: November 24, 2008, 06:57:50 PM »
DIV, are you ever not serious? I'm not fucking with you...it's a serious question because it seems like you're almost all business.

I'm all business all the time, Rimster.

It would take two glasses of Merlot and a game of pool to get me chill......

All play and no work makes Jack a slack boy.....

Business before personal.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2551 on: November 24, 2008, 08:34:09 PM »

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2552 on: November 25, 2008, 01:58:57 PM »
Hey guys here's the update on ProBB.com

The forums have been reorganized and activity has started to pick up so feel free to be part of that.

The site itself. 2 months from now...actually a little less, it will be fully functional and all that stuff. There are several things on there now you can already check out, but the site is still chopped up and all over the place. If you go to the home page and scroll down to the video channel you can see some cool new video's of what the video's of the bi-weekly amateur winners will have done on themselves. There are around 20 total video's up now. You can check out other video's in the "Video" section...just click the tab at the top of the page.

There are also 30+ articles up and few various other things, but as said, the real meat will be up and going in about 2 months.

Like I've said before, the site is called probodybuilding.com but this site is more about the amateur then anything else. Some of you guys who are interested and would like a video done on yourself, simply register a profile in the community in the MuscelSpace section and fill out an entry form. MuscleSpace is working and the entry forms will be available soon. I'd say some of you guys here have a good chance at having your video done...especially since you know Arnold jr.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2553 on: November 25, 2008, 04:59:28 PM »
You're an instigator!  :P

I could ~ and I would, but I don't want to be training a puppy in the middle of winter.  :-\

I think one might have already been adopted.  Weren't there 6?  I bet they'll all be gone by this weekend. :'(

Careful! I just saw one poop and then eat it  :-X

At least he picked up after himself

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2554 on: November 25, 2008, 07:07:40 PM »
Hey guys here's the update on ProBB.com

The forums have been reorganized and activity has started to pick up so feel free to be part of that.

The site itself. 2 months from now...actually a little less, it will be fully functional and all that stuff. There are several things on there now you can already check out, but the site is still chopped up and all over the place. If you go to the home page and scroll down to the video channel you can see some cool new video's of what the video's of the bi-weekly amateur winners will have done on themselves. There are around 20 total video's up now. You can check out other video's in the "Video" section...just click the tab at the top of the page.

There are also 30+ articles up and few various other things, but as said, the real meat will be up and going in about 2 months.

Like I've said before, the site is called probodybuilding.com but this site is more about the amateur then anything else. Some of you guys who are interested and would like a video done on yourself, simply register a profile in the community in the MuscelSpace section and fill out an entry form. MuscleSpace is working and the entry forms will be available soon. I'd say some of you guys here have a good chance at having your video done...especially since you know Arnold jr.

Arnold, you've slacking in terms of the T-shirts.

Why hasn't this been take care of by now?

I'm shocked that someone in your position can't get this done in a reasonable manner.   >:(

DIV

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #2555 on: November 25, 2008, 08:06:53 PM »

I'm shocked that someone in your position can't get this done in a reasonable manner.   >:(

DIV

x2 I would like a t-shirt, can you add long sizes too for the taller guys.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2556 on: November 25, 2008, 09:59:50 PM »

DIV

Decision was made that no shirts or anything like that and no advertisement of any kind would happen until the site was ready to be fully functional.

Plus, we ended up redesigning the probodybuilding.com logo and that changed that aspect.

When I have the shirts you guys will have the shirts.

BTW, the first advertising piece will be in Ironman Mag shortly...can't remmber off the top of my head but I think it's the issue available in January...better be, lol!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2557 on: November 25, 2008, 10:19:35 PM »
Decision was made that no shirts or anything like that and no advertisement of any kind would happen until the site was ready to be fully functional.

Plus, we ended up redesigning the probodybuilding.com logo and that changed that aspect.

When I have the shirts you guys will have the shirts.

BTW, the first advertising piece will be in Ironman Mag shortly...can't remmber off the top of my head but I think it's the issue available in January...better be, lol!

Arnold,

Why are these things so slow to develop?

Should it really take months to get this up off the ground?

The logo should have been one of the very first things finished, the T-shirts second so people would anticipate the launch of the website.

You need ground support to be successful and the ground roots adverstising goes a long way in ensuring that people know.

You get a few Mods to wear the shirts in their gyms and people will take notice.

I have advised Ron to do the same thing with the GetBig logo and shirts as well, but he is slow to act on these things.

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2558 on: November 26, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »
Arnold,

Why are these things so slow to develop?

Should it really take months to get this up off the ground?

The logo should have been one of the very first things finished, the T-shirts second so people would anticipate the launch of the website.

You need ground support to be successful and the ground roots adverstising goes a long way in ensuring that people know.

You get a few Mods to wear the shirts in their gyms and people will take notice.

I have advised Ron to do the same thing with the GetBig logo and shirts as well, but he is slow to act on these things.

DIV

It hasn't taken months, it's been a work in progress for almost 2 years.

The logo is an important aspect, need one that stands out, but it's hardly a pressing issue at the beginning before the site is even up.

As for Tshirts, like I said, once we realized the logo would be different then there was just no point until we got around to fixing it.

Why has it all taken so long?

Getting the content and pro's on board takes some work...you have to deal with the fact that many of these people are under Weider contracts, various supplement contracts, etc and that takes a lot of paper work, a lot of time back and forth between attorneys, etc.

We have had to work really hard to convince some of these various companies and pro's that our offers were better then they would get anywhere else...that has not been easy.

Quality of content, some sites, there content is not at all what anyone would call "Superior." They might have some good content but it's also riddled with BS form 14 year old children. We have made a conscious effort to make sure we haven't fallen into that trap. Which obviously cost a ton of money...by the time the site is launched there will already be well over a couple million dollars already spent.

Developing a plan: we developed a plan in the beginning but allowed for possible changes, once several changes and mistakes were realized a more permanent plan was put into place. We then set a date for the site launch, set dead lines for all projects, planned out and put in line advertisement campaigns, how we would function when it came to various expo's and bodybuilding events, etc.

The point being, things like "Tshirts" were put on the back burner, we had to make sure we had a quality product before we would be willing to tout the name too much.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2559 on: November 26, 2008, 01:56:04 PM »
Well, everyone...

I just lost my job.

We lost 3 of our biggest clients 2 weeks ago so they laid off 60% of my department, including myself.

I'm not upset as i saw this coming a long time ago.

No matter how hard you work, the economy can fuck up your lifestyle.

I'm going to sit back until January and reflect on things a bit, before i decide if i want to continue trying to start my company, or should i just find another job.

Have a good Thanksgiving everyone, please be thankful for what you have, because you can lose it all very quickly. I'm in good shape financially, so I'm just going to sit back and relax a bit, plus they are paying me until the end of the the year...

Take care guys.

8)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2560 on: November 26, 2008, 02:03:51 PM »
Damn Overload, that sucks man :(  Shitty times for a lot of people right now, we're having a lot of lay offs here at work as well.  Not a good time of the year to be loosing your job either, especially here in LA.

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #2561 on: November 26, 2008, 04:17:30 PM »
Well, everyone...

I just lost my job.

We lost 3 of our biggest clients 2 weeks ago so they laid off 60% of my department, including myself.

I'm going to sit back until January and reflect on things a bit, before i decide if i want to continue trying to start my company, or should i just find another job.

Have a good Thanksgiving everyone, please be thankful for what you have, because you can lose it all very quickly. I'm in good shape financially, so I'm just going to sit back and relax a bit, plus they are paying me until the end of the the year...

Take care guys.

8)
sorry to hear that...my wife was just giving her walking papers two weeks ago at AB-INBEV

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2562 on: November 26, 2008, 04:35:11 PM »
Well, everyone...

I just lost my job.

Take care guys.

8)

Overload, I'm shocked!   :o

If you need me to help you out with AAS hookups until you get back on your feet, don't hesitate to ask.

I'm here to help.

Everyone has been hit hard, but I suppose it depends on what your investments and saving account looks like.

I've kept about 10K in my bank account at all times so I'm never living paycheck to paycheck.

Wait it out until January and see what the job market looks like.

Until then you'll have tons of time for fresh maxouts and cardio.....

There's no excuse now not to get in better lifting and cardio shape.

It's time. 

DIV

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2563 on: November 26, 2008, 05:13:57 PM »
Well, everyone...

I just lost my job.

Take care guys.

8)

Sorry to here that bro. If you've got the means & can wait a month or two you should do so. Sometimes the rest can clear your head. Good luck.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2564 on: November 26, 2008, 05:31:20 PM »
Damn Overload, that sucks man :(  Shitty times for a lot of people right now, we're having a lot of lay offs here at work as well.  Not a good time of the year to be loosing your job either, especially here in LA.

Sorry to here that bro. If you've got the means & can wait a month or two you should do so. Sometimes the rest can clear your head. Good luck.

How many more of you will lose jobs before the year is out?

It would not surprise me to see the forum jobless by Christmas.    :-X

DIV

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #2565 on: November 26, 2008, 06:55:39 PM »
Well, everyone...

I just lost my job.

Take care guys.

8)

Sorry to that that Overload.  At least you've been planning on getting out anyway.  Enjoy the month of December and the holidays.  Do some of the things you've been meaning to do.
Hope everything works out well for you bro.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2566 on: November 26, 2008, 07:41:54 PM »
Well, everyone...

I just lost my job.

Take care guys.

8)

I'm sorry to hear that.  Can't say I didn't see coming though  :-\

I was going to say this sounds like a family owned business.  No matter what you say, you're still an outsider.  In the long run, they will not have loyalty towards you.  Look out for number one.

Starting a company in this economy will be tough, especially getting a loan.  You may want to consider putting the business in your wife's name because women (minority) get breaks on business loans.
:

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2567 on: November 26, 2008, 07:52:14 PM »
Starting a company in this economy will be tough, especially getting a loan.  You may want to consider putting the business in your wife's name because women (minority) get breaks on business loans.

Have you been watching CNBC?

Nobody is getting loans because banks aren't giving them to people.

Too many banks have bad mortgage investments still weighing down their books, so there is no credit to lend.......

Overload will not be able to start his business until much later on down the road.

As I said, I think it's time he got back to pushing serious weight and getting those maxes up.

DIV

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2568 on: November 26, 2008, 08:05:20 PM »
How many more of you will lose jobs before the year is out?

It would not surprise me to see the forum jobless by Christmas.    :-X

DIV

Unless I change jobs I'll have a job (at my current place of employment) for at least another 18 months.  :-\

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2569 on: November 26, 2008, 09:06:39 PM »
Have you been watching CNBC?

Nobody is getting loans because banks aren't giving them to people.

Too many banks have bad mortgage investments still weighing down their books, so there is no credit to lend.......

Overload will not be able to start his business until much later on down the road.

As I said, I think it's time he got back to pushing serious weight and getting those maxes up.

DIV

I can't speak for the entire country, but here where I live you can still get a loan, business or personal as long as you have very good credit. This I'm positive about, I've been considering it myself for some of my own stuff.

The economy is bad, can't argue that. Any of us could end up losing our jobs...I've lost tons of clients in the last 2 months because of this. But there is still money out there to be made...it just takes more work then normal.

Overload, I really am sorry to hear all of this...glad you're secure but I know it still has to suck.

Big Rock.

• Getbig II
  • Quit yer snivelin'
« Reply #2570 on: November 27, 2008, 05:03:55 AM »
  Sorry to hear this Overload.

It sucks they decide to do crap like this around the holidays.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2571 on: November 27, 2008, 07:11:07 AM »
Sorry to hear that Overload and right before Thanksgiving, those bastards!!

Your an ambitious man you will be fine.  Probally a blessing in disguise as the next job will be even better.

4thAD

« Reply #2572 on: November 27, 2008, 08:39:57 AM »
Well, everyone...

I just lost my job.

Take care guys.

8)

Damn bro I don't know how I missed this. Ive heard you talk and talk about starting your own business for a while now. DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS! Keep heading that direction bro. Even if you have to get a new job to make ends meet in the future, keep moving towards your dreams. Sorry to hear this news brotha, I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2573 on: November 27, 2008, 10:24:00 AM »
How many of you guys have to work today?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2574 on: November 27, 2008, 11:28:08 AM »
How many of you guys have to work today?

Off till Monday here.  Na-na-na,na,na!  :P