Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 829830 times)

strength

Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #2675 on: January 05, 2009, 11:38:39 AM »
Something else...and you guys are going to hate this.

I now get paid to workout. Yes that's right, I workout for money! Now that's living the dream, lol!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2676 on: January 05, 2009, 02:04:52 PM »
I'm just that Champion. I didn't realize anything else needed to be said 8)

Fair enough.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2677 on: January 07, 2009, 01:46:41 PM »
Come on you know you want a 300HP V-8.

I drove to Cleveland this summer & way there I drove 195 miles & used just a hair over 7 gallons of gas. Not too bad eh?

I don't alot of highway driving, so there's no point.

It's just not fuel efficient in this economy to have a V-8.

Start my first ever run with DC training tomorrow. Pretty excited about the change!

No, I will not be following the DC diet...there is no way I could do that and not end up as fat as all outside. But those 30 second negatives and widow maker sets are going to make for some ball bustin workouts...can't wait!

It's about time you did some negatives and strength related lifts.

Will maxouts be in your future?

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2678 on: January 07, 2009, 02:25:45 PM »
I don't alot of highway driving, so there's no point.

It's just not fuel efficient in this economy to have a V-8.

True but I need to overcompensate for the size of my penis.  ;)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2679 on: January 07, 2009, 02:33:16 PM »

It's about time you did some negatives and strength related lifts.

Will maxouts be in your future?

DIV

I don't know, it's a thought.

I haven't maxed out on anything in years...might be fun. I'll probably simply follow my DC training for the next 8-12wks and then switch back to my normal way for 8-12wks and just go back and forth between those two. I might do some maxing in between those two times...I'll admit, it would be nice to know what kind of numbers I could move.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2680 on: January 07, 2009, 05:33:04 PM »

LOL funny  ;D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2681 on: January 07, 2009, 05:33:46 PM »

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2682 on: January 08, 2009, 12:21:47 PM »

The size of your penis doesn't mean much at the end of the day in terms of women.

Unless she's a size queen (and if she is your cock size wouldn't be large enough anyway) you have nothing to worry about.

Most women are just looking for reciprocated sex that feels good where they don't have to take the iniative.

In other words, if you're dominant, you'll be fine with most women.

The number one complaint I've gotten from women about men is that they aren't dominant enough.

I don't know, it's a thought.

I haven't maxed out on anything in years...might be fun. I'll probably simply follow my DC training for the next 8-12wks and then switch back to my normal way for 8-12wks and just go back and forth between those two. I might do some maxing in between those two times...I'll admit, it would be nice to know what kind of numbers I could move.

You should max out on everything to see what you can do.

Spotter......

DIV

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2683 on: January 08, 2009, 12:27:05 PM »
Start my first ever run with DC training tomorrow. Pretty excited about the change!

No, I will not be following the DC diet...there is no way I could do that and not end up as fat as all outside. But those 30 second negatives and widow maker sets are going to make for some ball bustin workouts...can't wait!
when you say dc diet...what particular part do you think willl add fat to you?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2684 on: January 08, 2009, 12:47:33 PM »

You should max out on everything to see what you can do.

Spotter......

DIV

I have a spotter. I don't think DC training would even be possible without one. I don't know too many people who could perform 30 second negatives and get the bar off of them without a spotter...unless they're using light weight which would mess the whole system up in the first place.

I'm sure I'll max on incline, flat bench and deads at some point. Squats and military press I'm not sure. I've had some problems maxing on those in the past with injuries, especially on squats. Who knows though, maybe all the negative work will give me more control.

when you say dc diet...what particular part do you think willl add fat to you?

It's too high in calories and carbs for someone like me...way too high. I have no desire to be 20%+ BF ever...I don't care how strong it makes me.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2685 on: January 08, 2009, 12:58:24 PM »

It's too high in calories and carbs for someone like me...way too high. I have no desire to be 20%+ BF ever...I don't care how strong it makes me.
oh. sure i understand. i thought you meant the protein intake.

i get fired up when i hear people saying high protein will cause fat gain.  ;D

so i was just checkin.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2686 on: January 11, 2009, 08:24:20 PM »
Wk 1 of DC training now complete. Begin wk 2 tomorrow.

I have never been as sore as I am right now...head to toe sore! Even my neck is sore! My hamstrings are in agony after this past wk...feels like they're about to explode...bending over to pick anything up is a pretty funny sight, lol!

So far so good. I haven't been this eager to get in the gym in years! Can't wait for each workout, and I am really enjoying the training so far.

Tomorrows schedule:

Incline Press r/p
Hammer Strength Military Press r/p
Tricep Dips r/p
Wide Grip Pull-ups r/p
T-bar rows r/p or w/m (haven't decided yet.)

*r/p: rest pause
*w/m widow maker

For those that don't know, one of the biggest keys to DC training besides the 30 second negatives is the post set stretches. For instance, on all chest exercises after you perform the set you go immediately into a DB fly and hold the movement for 30 seconds.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2687 on: January 12, 2009, 06:35:58 AM »
Speaking of hamstrings...I love stiff-leg dumbbell deadlifts for hamstrings. Anyway, last Monday I was doing legs & saw this guy doing them while keeping his heels on 10 pound plates. I decided to try them like that...I couldn't walk right for about three days.  :-\

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2688 on: January 12, 2009, 12:10:49 PM »
I'm on my second beer...who would've thought a trip to the grocery store would make you come home & drink?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2689 on: January 12, 2009, 01:49:05 PM »
Tomorrows schedule:

Incline Press r/p
Hammer Strength Military Press r/p
Tricep Dips r/p
Wide Grip Pull-ups r/p
T-bar rows r/p or w/m (haven't decided yet.)

I think you'd benefit from isolating specific muscle groups, rather than mixing chest and back.

Incline DB Presses, Decline Barbell bench.....for chest.

DIV

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2690 on: January 12, 2009, 02:03:22 PM »
I think you'd benefit from isolating specific muscle groups, rather than mixing chest and back.

DIV

You should probably read up on the DC protocol. 

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2691 on: January 12, 2009, 02:09:21 PM »

I don't buy in to any one specific method of training.......

I alter everything to cater to my own needs.

When I train people, I don't mix bodyparts unless they're requesting an upper/lower split.

For myself, isolation is the best way to build.

You train more than one bodypart in one workout, one muscle group is getting cheated.

DIV

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2692 on: January 12, 2009, 02:15:46 PM »
I don't buy in to any one specific method of training.......

I alter everything to cater to my own needs.

When I train people, I don't mix bodyparts unless they're requesting an upper/lower split.

For myself, isolation is the best way to build.

You train more than one bodypart in one workout, one muscle group is getting cheated.

DIV

I change things up as well, but I've ran DC before and loved it.  You do know it's only one exercise per body part right?  It's not like you're doing 16 sets each or something.  It might be something you'd be interested in since you're more the powerbuilder type which is what DC is really about.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2693 on: January 12, 2009, 02:33:26 PM »
I change things up as well, but I've ran DC before and loved it.  You do know it's only one exercise per body part right?  It's not like you're doing 16 sets each or something.  It might be something you'd be interested in since you're more the powerbuilder type which is what DC is really about.

I'm vaguely familiar with DC, but I can't forsee doing it.

It sounds like something that would lead to injury, plus I couldn't see mixing in other bodyparts.

I think it would kill me.

DIV

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2694 on: January 12, 2009, 03:19:25 PM »
Yesterday at the gym I saw this girl who was about 100 pounds overweight wearing a Hydroxycut t-shirt. I almost pissed myself.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2695 on: January 12, 2009, 03:56:17 PM »
Will someone please explain to me how a problem with my health insurance is cause to pick a fucking fight with me?

...don't venting.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2696 on: January 12, 2009, 04:32:15 PM »
I'm sorry guys I just love this picture:

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2697 on: January 12, 2009, 06:34:43 PM »

DIV

Yeah this would go against the basic ideas behind DC training. My goals are still primarily BB related...not strength. However I've always believed that although strength and well developed size don't equate with each other 100%, there is however a direct correlation to an extent.

One of the most basic yet most important aspects of DC training is taking a particular body part to complete failure twice in a 7 day period instead of once per wk in a standard training split.

It is also important to note that "complete failure" does not simply equate to doing some forced reps or drop sets...complete failure or more apt "absolute" failure is quite a bit different from simple failure. "Absolute" failure should be something that makes you nearly sick to your stomach.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2698 on: January 12, 2009, 07:00:07 PM »
Yeah this would go against the basic ideas behind DC training. My goals are still primarily BB related...not strength. However I've always believed that although strength and well developed size don't equate with each other 100%, there is however a direct correlation to an extent.

One of the most basic yet most important aspects of DC training is taking a particular body part to complete failure twice in a 7 day period instead of once per wk in a standard training split.

It is also important to note that "complete failure" does not simply equate to doing some forced reps or drop sets...complete failure or more apt "absolute" failure is quite a bit different from simple failure. "Absolute" failure should be something that makes you nearly sick to your stomach.

You should actually see some pretty good strength gains when doing the 30 second negatives and static holds.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2699 on: January 12, 2009, 07:42:07 PM »
Yesterday at the gym I saw this girl who was about 100 pounds overweight wearing a Hydroxycut t-shirt. I almost pissed myself.

I find your lack of faith disturbing, young Rimbaud.   >:(

DIV