Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

The weak and Strong anthropic principle..

<< < (2/5) > >>

w8tlftr:

--- Quote from: Johnny Apollo on April 14, 2006, 10:04:57 AM ---
You pontificated that I would suggest the article lacked critical thinking. You were implying that it disagreed with me. If it disagreed with me it must be supporting intelligent design considering the context of this thread.

However here's 2 questions.

In your OWN words..

What is the Anthropic Principle?

What does it mean for the existence of a God?

--- End quote ---

I'll have to research and get back to you. I only came across this a couple days ago and the arguments were using AP to justify the existence of God.

It is an interesting read though.

Johnny Apollo:

--- Quote from: w8tlftr on April 14, 2006, 10:09:15 AM ---I'll have to research and get back to you. I only came across this a couple days ago and the arguments were using AP to justify the existence of God.

It is an interesting read though.

--- End quote ---

I'll be waiting...

w8tlftr:

--- Quote from: Johnny Apollo on April 14, 2006, 10:11:18 AM ---
I'll be waiting...

--- End quote ---

Don't hold your breath. I'll read up on it and answer your questions when I want to dedicate that sort of time.

I still have to go to Good Friday service, annoy my wife and kids, take care of my 'honey do' list, and take care of my City of Heroes/Villains fix.  :)

w8tlftr:

--- Quote from: Johnny Apollo on April 14, 2006, 10:04:57 AM ---
You pontificated that I would suggest the article lacked critical thinking. You were implying that it disagreed with me. If it disagreed with me it must be supporting intelligent design considering the context of this thread.

However here's 2 questions.

In your OWN words..

--- End quote ---

The Reader's Digest version from a simple unfrozen caveman software engineer.  :)

It's an attempt to explain the creation of the universe based on observation (and our current understanding of chemistry and physics) that conditions had to be perfect for the universe and all life in to exist. In other words, the universe does not seem to be a random event.

- Everything has a beginning. Energy/matter can not come into existence from nothing - something has to create it for it to exist. To indicate otherwise is illogical. So the question is who or what made us come into existence? If energy and matter can not come from nothing that would imply that a very powerful and intelligent being had to play a major role in creating an extremely complex environment to create and sustain very complex lifeforms. Since AP suggests that nothing happens by mere chance that you have to strongly consider the possibility of God.

ToxicAvenger:

--- Quote ---The articles he posted actually REFUTES intelligent design.
--- End quote ---

bingo...i mean i posted some quick links..if ya actually do a comprehensive search ..it refutes intelligent design

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version