Author Topic: Josh Koscheck Extends UFC Contract, Wants Six Fights In 2009  (Read 631 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Josh Koscheck Extends UFC Contract, Wants Six Fights In 2009
« on: January 17, 2009, 02:30:58 PM »
After a unanimous decision loss to Thiago Alves at UFC 90: “Cote vs. Silva” in October 2008 ��" and an epic spat between officials from his management team at Zinkin Entertainment/American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) and the promotion ��" the top welterweight contender’s future inside the Octagon was suddenly (and shockingly) a huge question mark.

No longer.

MMAmania.com can reveal that The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) alum recently agreed to a 20-month contract extension, which will keep him locked up until almost 2011.

“I feel that the extension is a good thing for me because I still have a job,” Koscheck quipped. “The UFC is the only show in town. If I wasn’t with them I would be a struggling fighter looking for work in a struggling country.”

Koscheck does not intend to sit back and smell the stale stench of his sweaty gym. On the contrary, the national collegiate wrestling champion intends to continue his blistering pace of taking fight after fight.

“There are a lot of reasons I want to fight so much,” he said. “I am in the gym all year around and I would rather be fighting then just training. The only way I make money is by fighting. So I told the UFC that I want to fight five or six times in 2009. I don’t care who I fight, anyone willing to step up I’ll be ready. I am a fighter and that’s what I love to do.”