Author Topic: How do you NOT go to failure?  (Read 27190 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: How do you NOT go to failure?
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2011, 09:52:36 AM »
Hahhahahahaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK WHO'S SPREADING HIS LIES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're arms are almost 16 inches at 7% bodyfat ? YOU LYING FUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

post a picture mutherfukker, and you better not be lying or i am going to skin you alive all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you just can't help yourself, can you ...you little fucking lying shitstain ?? I'm going to own you and rip you a new asshole twice a bad as before.

how was the "vacation" you penniless guy ?? a little hint, cleaning elephant shit in a traveling circus isn't a vacation....you skinny, big nosed, bald ,EVERYONE WISHES YOU WERE DEAD, weak, stupid, unfunny, poor little asshead

So beautiful it brought tears to my eyes :'(

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2011, 12:08:55 PM »

So beautiful it brought tears to my eyes :'(

YES yes.....it just flew onto the page.... :'(

This is for the guy DJ181......LEAVE NOW....if you don't I will hound you non-stop....every time you ever make a lost....I will be there to sidetrack you and derail your threads....every single time...and I will own You brutally every time as well....you will be a festering puddle of feces when I am done.....I hate You ...I would gladly kill you in real life and piss in your mouth as you were drawing your last breath

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2011, 12:33:19 PM »
YES yes.....it just flew onto the page.... :'(

This is for the guy DJ181......LEAVE NOW....if you don't I will hound you non-stop....every time you ever make a lost....I will be there to sidetrack you and derail your threads....every single time...and I will own You brutally every time as well....you will be a festering puddle of feces when I am done.....I hate You ...I would gladly kill you in real life and piss in your mouth as you were drawing your last breath

Epic roid rage... ;D

8)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
Epic roid rage... ;D

8)

Hahahaaaaa  ;D

I hate people who think they are "cute" and try to be slick

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2011, 08:21:37 AM »
Hahahaaaaa  ;D

I hate people who think they are "cute" and try to be slick

back to topic,, your a big dude too, do you train to failure or back off, where do u stand on it?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2011, 06:16:44 PM »

back to topic,, your a big dude too, do you train to failure or back off, where do u stand on it?

very rarely go to failure..I believe in high reps and not quite full range of motion, it takes a while to find your "sweet spot" as far as how you should perform your repetitions to get the most out of them....the goal being for the muscle to be fully contracting for the majority of the time under tension....that's how you GROW.

I am an advanced bodybuilder and therefore this cannot be disputed  ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2011, 07:07:37 PM »
very rarely go to failure..I believe in high reps and not quite full range of motion, it takes a while to find your "sweet spot" as far as how you should perform your repetitions to get the most out of them....the goal being for the muscle to be fully contracting for the majority of the time under tension....that's how you GROW.

I am an advanced bodybuilder and therefore this cannot be disputed  ;D
hopefully you can be more vocal about your training methods..   ive been shouting from the rooftops to get guys on here to back away from failure..

chess315

« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2011, 08:28:54 PM »
it is scentificaly proven that non faliure training results in the greatest strength gains. Muscle mass is a bird of a different feather. I think it proably wise to avoid faliure on heavy compound free weight movements such as ,bench,squat,deads,rows and so forth on machine and single joint exercises it dont matter as much because they are much easier on the cns. Its common since gain strength with the three power lifts and use that strength you built in other movements that are easier on the cns to build mass. Im not the strongest but I bench around 300 for a set of ten if I did 330 to faliure for 8 it would be dangerous. Let alone squating heavy weight to true faliure. IF YOUR WEAK IT PROLLY DONT MATTER AS MUCH AS YOUR NOT ABLE TO STRESS YOUR RECOVERY SYSTEMS AS MUCH

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2011, 11:28:01 PM »
I train to strict failure meaning I could cheat out a couple more reps but stop right there. Your last rep should be difficult to complete, but should not require an all out effort and cheating. Bodybuilding is all about knowing your personal zone. If you train and quit the set too early, nothing happens. If you go too far, and push beyond, your body shuts down (maybe it's a protective mechanism) you might start shrinking and looking terrible. Find the zone. I call it 85% - 90% training. 0% - 75% won't get you much. 90% - 100% can have you going in reverse gear. In the end, the truth is in the pudding. Either you are gaining and have muscle and energy or don't. All the talk in the world doesn't change that.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2011, 09:16:20 AM »
I train to strict failure meaning I could cheat out a couple more reps but stop right there. Your last rep should be difficult to complete, but should not require an all out effort and cheating. Bodybuilding is all about knowing your personal zone. If you train and quit the set too early, nothing happens. If you go too far, and push beyond, your body shuts down (maybe it's a protective mechanism) you might start shrinking and looking terrible. Find the zone. I call it 85% - 90% training. 0% - 75% won't get you much. 90% - 100% can have you going in reverse gear. In the end, the truth is in the pudding. Either you are gaining and have muscle and energy or don't. All the talk in the world doesn't change that.

id say 70-90% is a good range. i think you get good benefits from a set even if you when you stop before "strict failure".  although i agree you can push yourself to that point and still make gains.. i wouldnt do it on every set nor every workout as , at least personally, would start to overtrain. i do train quite frequently however and that may make a difference.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2022, 06:37:15 AM »
Ok, I've decided to try and show what PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD can do, so here are my current bicep pics and my arm is measuring in at 14.75 inches or 37.5 cm, and I am a lifetime natural trainer. So therorectically, if I can progressively overload my arms with greater and greater training weights, they will get bigger and bigger, and that's exactly what this little mini experiment of mine will attempt to show.

Here are my current arm lifts:

1. DB Overhead Tricep Extensions: 65 pounds for 8, 7, and 6 reps for 3 work sets

2. DB Concentration Curls: 40 pounds for 7, 6, and 5 reps for 3 work sets

P.S. Sorry for the upside down photos, but the camera on my phone is fucked up, and I haven't got it fixed yet

You arms are small. My arms looked like that before I even start training.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2022, 03:26:32 PM »
You arms are small. My arms looked like that before I even start training.

Where are your pics "big" guy?

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2022, 02:33:28 AM »
Where are your pics "big" guy?

Where's yours, little one?