Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!

(1/2166) > >>

LurkerNoMore:
How did this industry ever turn out?  Granted, other than knowing some places accept it as currency, I am not very familiar with it. 

One of my co workers, her husband and his brother are setting up a bitcoin op.  They are putting in 200K for all the equipment and everything.  Have a big location space and are elevating the floors for cooling methods (coils, circulating air, etc..).  They are talking big numbers to be made per month but they could be clueless or overly optimistic. 

I thought this stuff jumped the shark a while a back.

thegamechanger:
sounds risky, ill invest my money in an old hardcore cellar gym rather.

Army of One:

--- Quote from: LurkerNoMore on June 18, 2015, 12:40:58 PM ---How did this industry ever turn out?  Granted, other than knowing some places accept it as currency, I am not very familiar with it.  

One of my co workers, her husband and his brother are setting up a bitcoin op.  They are putting in 200K for all the equipment and everything.  Have a big location space and are elevating the floors for cooling methods (coils, circulating air, etc..).  They are talking big numbers to be made per month but they could be clueless or overly optimistic.  

--- End quote ---

Started way too late, in the early days most of the bitcoin hadn't been mined, if joe blow with even his i5 pc and ati graphics card had started mining from near the beginning, he'd be a rich man by now.As far as I'm aware most of the bitcoin has been mined now, unless further coins have been put out to be mined.

El Diablo Blanco:

--- Quote from: LurkerNoMore on June 18, 2015, 12:40:58 PM ---How did this industry ever turn out?  Granted, other than knowing some places accept it as currency, I am not very familiar with it. 

One of my co workers, her husband and his brother are setting up a bitcoin op.  They are putting in 200K for all the equipment and everything.  Have a big location space and are elevating the floors for cooling methods (coils, circulating air, etc..).  They are talking big numbers to be made per month but they could be clueless or overly optimistic. 

--- End quote ---

That ship has sailed.  There was money to be made for a while but now mining is super slow and competitive and MtGox fucked over a lot of people and proved it is a big scam.

Army of One:

--- Quote from: El Diablo Blanco on June 18, 2015, 12:48:38 PM ---That ship has sailed.  There was money to be made for a while but now mining is super slow and competitive and MtGox fucked over a lot of people and proved it is a big scam.

--- End quote ---

Yup, bitcoin was a money making activity when the cost of electricity you needed to use to mine was less than the value of the coins you mined, now the amount of electricity needed to even mine 1 coin id imagine is way past the value of the coin.Im guessing only people stealing company electricity are bothering now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version