Author Topic: $355-$363+ MILLION Dollars! 3 year ban!  (Read 6212 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: $355-$363+ MILLION Dollars! 3 year ban!
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2024, 10:36:42 AM »
i had a case with him almost a decade ago and he was senile and off the wall then.  This is a complete joke - no one was defrauded or harmed.

Was the case with Judge Authur F. Engoron in the NY Civil or Supreme Court? When was the case? What was the case about? How were you involved in the case?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2024, 10:50:15 AM »
Was the case with Judge Authur F. Engoron in the NY Civil or Supreme Court? When was the case? What was the case about? How were you involved in the case?

Was in supreme NYC.  Involved contractors disputing a cement mix ration and delivery from a batch that failed on an expensive construction project. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2024, 11:04:15 AM »

The cement company was claiming they relied on the design mix from the engineers while the contractors were claiming the batch was bad as the cement failed needing a complete re-do of all the shoring work and foundations in a huge cooling tower that required a massive amount of remediation as a result.  Engoron was completely detached from reality and the army of lawyers eventually figured we would get some whacked out decision and we worked it out in the hallway on our own. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2024, 12:37:22 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2024, 02:20:00 PM »
The cement company was claiming they relied on the design mix from the engineers while the contractors were claiming the batch was bad as the cement failed needing a complete re-do of all the shoring work and foundations in a huge cooling tower that required a massive amount of remediation as a result.  Engoron was completely detached from reality and the army of lawyers eventually figured we would get some whacked out decision and we worked it out in the hallway on our own.

It is good that the attorneys were able to get it resolved. Was it a mutual agreement between the cement company and the contractors? Which litigant did you represent? How long ago was this?

I did a little reading about Judge Engoron. He has a interesting past. Once worked as a NY cab driver and spent 7 years as a piano and drum teacher; a moderately successful bar-band keyboard player. He is quoted as having once commented in regard to his cab driving experience, "I loved the freedom, the instant cash, getting to meet people, learning how to drive like a maniac without being caught." Engoron ran unopposed in his races within the Democratic Party. When voting, I've noted that most Judges run unopposed, which I find interesting. It is not like the average voter would know who to write in if they did not want to vote for an unopposed judge.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2024, 02:23:17 PM »
It is good that the attorneys were able to get it resolved. Was it a mutual agreement between the cement company and the contractors? Which litigant did you represent? How long ago was this?

I did a little reading about Judge Engoron. He has a interesting past. Once worked as a NY cab driver and spent 7 years as a piano and drum teacher; a moderately successful bar-band keyboard player. He is quoted as having once commented in regard to his cab driving experience, "I loved the freedom, the instant cash, getting to meet people, learning how to drive like a maniac without being caught." Engoron ran unopposed in his races within the Democratic Party. When voting, I've noted that most Judges run unopposed, which I find interesting. It is not like the average voter would know who to write in if they did not want to vote for an unopposed judge.

In essence, a lifelong Democrat is on case with no victim, drummed up by a DA who ran on convicting Trump of....anything, and levied a ridiculous fine.

This case has no chance on appeal.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2024, 03:07:14 PM »
In essence, a lifelong Democrat is on case with no victim, drummed up by a DA who ran on convicting Trump of....anything, and levied a ridiculous fine.

Whether or not there are victims is being heavily debated. To reduce his property taxes, Trump undervalued the same properties he overvalued to the lenders. The banks may or may not be victims here. However, cheating on your property taxes is not victimless. The real property tax money funds schools, pays for police and fire protection, maintains roads, and funds other municipal services enjoyed by residents. The bottom line is that fraud is a crime.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2024, 03:52:37 PM »
Settle down stalker.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2024, 05:29:52 PM »

Was misrepresenting his assets to get a better fair?

What would happen if you did it and got caught?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM »
Was misrepresenting his assets to get a better fair?

What would happen if you did it and got caught?

The bank could disagree with my valuation and not give me the rates or the loan $ I wanted.  I believe this happens all the time.

The bank, in Trump's case, testified on his behalf, no?
Y

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2024, 07:38:58 PM »
The bank could disagree with my valuation and not give me the rates or the loan $ I wanted.  I believe this happens all the time.

The bank, in Trump's case, testified on his behalf, no?

The lender would be the only "victim". Whole thing is stupid. You're telling me Mike Bloomberg is squeaky clean? HHAHHAAHA

As corrupt as NY business is and this is what they try and do. They will screw it up, they've already admitted to singling one person out.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2024, 10:57:18 PM »
Let it burn…

200 year old company employs half the town…gone. Only under democrat rule does this happen

Remington CEO Cites ‘Legislative Environment’ in New York as Company Moves to Georgia

Remington is leaving New York, and CEO Ken D’Arcy noted that the direction legislation took in the Empire State was a cause for concern.

The Associated Press (AP) noted that D’Arcy used a news release to indicate that New York’s “legislative environment” is concerning to the firearm industry as a whole.

The pending closure of Remington’s Ilion, New York, plant — launched in 1828 — marks the end of generations of New Yorkers working for the American gun maker.

Jim Conover began working at the Ilion plant in 1964 and continued to work for Remington for four decades. He commented on the pending closure, saying, “When Remington leaves, it’s not going to be like a facility leaving, it’s going to be like part of your family has moved off.”

On December 1, 2023, Breitbart News reported that Remington was closing the Ilion plant and the anticipated date of closure is early March 2024.

News Channel 2 noted that New York State Sen. Joseph Griffo (R), Assemblyman Brian Miller (R), and Assemblyman Robert Smullen (R) released a joint statement in response to the announced closure. The statement said:

Remington’s reported decision to close its Ilion plant next year is concerning and unfortunate. This facility, which received investment from the state, employs many local residents. Unfortunately, like we have seen all too often in New York, burdensome regulations, crippling taxes and problematic energy and other policies continue to force businesses and companies to flee the state, taking jobs and livelihoods with them. We will continue to communicate with state and federal officials and work to help and assist the company’s employees and their families during this difficult time.

In addition to all the regulations and taxes in New York, the state has so much gun control that Mike Bloomberg-affiliated Everytown for Gun Safety ranks it the No. 2 state in the Union for gun control laws.

Those gun controls include an “assault weapons” ban, a “high-capacity” magazine ban, universal background checks, a red flag law, gun storage requirements, “ghost gun” regulations, a microstamping requirement for new handguns, a ban on being armed on colllege or on K-12 campuses for self-defense or classroom defense, and stringent open carry regulations.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2024/02/20/remington-ceo-cites-legislative-environment-new-york-company-moves-georgia/

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2024, 04:03:31 AM »
NY is a libturd hell-hole, like all demturd cities.
The brain dead kvnts who support them are even more retarded than the lawmakers.
They are being toyed with/used. (Like sheep-amoeba)... Brainless  ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2024, 06:08:11 AM »
NY is a libturd hell-hole, like all demturd cities.
The brain dead kvnts who support them are even more retarded than the lawmakers.
They are being toyed with/used. (Like sheep-amoeba)... Brainless  ::)

And yet their money goes to support brain dead red welfare states.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2024, 07:36:15 AM »
Not looking good for Trumps empire...

Letitia James says she's prepared to seize Trump's buildings if he can't pay his $354M civil fraud fine

https://abcnews.go.com/US/letitia-james-shes-prepared-seize-trumps-assets-pay/story?id=107381482

Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.

"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.

Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.

MORE: Trump civil fraud case: Judge fines Trump $354 million, says frauds 'shock the conscience'
The former president has denied all wrongdoing and has said he will appeal.

Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.

James directly countered Trump's allegation that the case lacked any victims, instead describing her case as vital to ensuring financial markets treat New Yorkers fairly.

PHOTO: Attorney General Letitia James arrives for a press conference following a verdict against former President Donald Trump in a civil fraud trial on Feb. 16, 2024 in New York City.
Attorney General Letitia James arrives for a press conference following a verdict against former Presid...Show more
Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images, FILE
"Financial frauds are not victimless crimes. He engaged in this massive amount of fraud. It wasn't just a simple mistake, a slight oversight, the variations are wildly exaggerated, and the extent of the fraud was staggering," James said. "If average New Yorkers went into a bank and submitted false documents, the government would throw the book at them, and the same should be true for former presidents."

James also rebuffed Trump's allegation that the case will prompt a mass exodus of business activity from New York.

"Last I checked tourism is up. Wall Street is doing just fine," James said.

With Trump losing two civil cases against columnist E. Jean Carroll, facing Georgia election interference charges from Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, and now losing his case against James, the New York AG concluded the interview with an observation about Trump's legal cases.

"Someone once told me if you want something done, give it to a woman," James said.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2024, 07:55:55 AM »
Last quote shows she's on a personal vendetta.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2024, 09:00:28 AM »
This maybe the best take on this yet. Seems the overall business environment of NYC in general is horrible

https://truthsocial.com/@CitizenFreePress/111970465564260170

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2024, 09:08:38 AM »
This is stalinist and communist craziness at its worst.  Liberal radical zealots applauding this are worse than anything in my lifetime/ 

Not looking good for Trumps empire...

Letitia James says she's prepared to seize Trump's buildings if he can't pay his $354M civil fraud fine

https://abcnews.go.com/US/letitia-james-shes-prepared-seize-trumps-assets-pay/story?id=107381482

Four days after a judge ordered former President Donald Trump to pay $354 million in his civil fraud case, New York Attorney General Letitia James told ABC News that she is prepared to seize the former president's assets if he is unable to find the cash to cover the fine.

"If he does not have funds to pay off the judgment, then we will seek judgment enforcement mechanisms in court, and we will ask the judge to seize his assets," James said in an interview with ABC News' Aaron Katersky.

Trump was fined $354.8 million plus approximately $100 million in pre-judgment interest on Friday after Judge Arthur Engoron determined that he inflated his net worth in order get more favorable loan terms.

MORE: Trump civil fraud case: Judge fines Trump $354 million, says frauds 'shock the conscience'
The former president has denied all wrongdoing and has said he will appeal.

Saying that she was "very confident" with the strength of her case on appeal, James reiterated that her office would not hesitate to seize Trump's assets -- mentioning Trump's 40 Wall Street skyscraper by name -- if the former president is unable to find the cash to cover the court-ordered disgorgement.

"We are prepared to make sure that the judgment is paid to New Yorkers, and yes, I look at 40 Wall Street each and every day," James said of the standard court process for collecting judgments in civil cases.

James directly countered Trump's allegation that the case lacked any victims, instead describing her case as vital to ensuring financial markets treat New Yorkers fairly.

PHOTO: Attorney General Letitia James arrives for a press conference following a verdict against former President Donald Trump in a civil fraud trial on Feb. 16, 2024 in New York City.
Attorney General Letitia James arrives for a press conference following a verdict against former Presid...Show more
Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images, FILE
"Financial frauds are not victimless crimes. He engaged in this massive amount of fraud. It wasn't just a simple mistake, a slight oversight, the variations are wildly exaggerated, and the extent of the fraud was staggering," James said. "If average New Yorkers went into a bank and submitted false documents, the government would throw the book at them, and the same should be true for former presidents."

James also rebuffed Trump's allegation that the case will prompt a mass exodus of business activity from New York.

"Last I checked tourism is up. Wall Street is doing just fine," James said.

With Trump losing two civil cases against columnist E. Jean Carroll, facing Georgia election interference charges from Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, and now losing his case against James, the New York AG concluded the interview with an observation about Trump's legal cases.

"Someone once told me if you want something done, give it to a woman," James said.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2024, 09:42:21 AM »
“Major Investor Will Immediately Discontinue Working In NYC Over Trump Verdict”

https://www.foxbusiness.com/real-estate/real-estate-investor-immediately-discontinue-working-nyc-trump-verdict-florida-texas

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2024, 10:06:26 AM »
Last quote shows she's on a personal vendetta.

This shit is fucking crazy. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2024, 10:11:22 AM »

This is the perfect example of utterly mentally insane and deranged liberal TDS patients are.  They are like rabid animals. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2024, 10:16:11 AM »

It's really bad.

TDS is real, and people cannot see outside that box.

Politicization of our judicial systems, gov't administration using tech to censor information and individuals, government agencies running interference on investigations.

None of this is conspiracy either.  All straight facts, and how civilizations fail.

And being ignored by half he country in willful ignoranace because they hate an individual.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2024, 10:20:44 AM »
It's really bad.

TDS is real, and people cannot see outside that box.

Politicization of our judicial systems, gov't administration using tech to censor information and individuals, government agencies running interference on investigations.

None of this is conspiracy either.  All straight facts, and how civilizations fail.

And being ignored by half he country in willful ignoranace because they hate an individual.

I know people with TDS - they are batshit insane and nuts.   There is no talking to them, no reasoning with them, nothing.   Trump cracked their minds in ways that are almost impossible to grasp. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2024, 10:35:49 AM »
Top fines levied against privately owned companies in America:

Purdue Pharma (2020): Agreed to an $8.3 billion settlement to resolve lawsuits related to its role in the opioid crisis. Purdue Pharma filed for bankruptcy as part of a plan to transform into a public benefit company, which is a unique case of a privately owned company facing such a substantial penalty.

Koch Industries (2000): Paid $30 million for 300 oil spills across six states, which at the time was the largest civil fine ever imposed under the Clean Water Act against a private company.

Cargill (2005): Paid $24 million in fines and remediation costs for environmental violations at its saltwater ponds in the San Francisco Bay Area, marking one of the largest settlements of its kind.

Motiva Enterprises (2001): Faced a $10 million criminal fine and $25 million in civil penalties due to a tank collapse and sulfuric acid release in Delaware. While Motiva is a joint venture, its penalties highlight significant fines within the privately controlled sectors.

Ashland Inc. (2007): Agreed to a $28 million settlement for environmental damage caused by a diesel fuel spill, illustrating significant fines in the environmental sector against privately owned entities.

Icicle Seafoods (2015): Agreed to pay $1.3 million in fines and spend over $5 million to improve refrigeration equipment to settle violations of the Clean Air Act.

Freedom Industries (2014): Faced fines and a criminal penalty related to a chemical spill in West Virginia that contaminated the water supply for hundreds of thousands of residents. The specifics of the settlement include fines and restitution to affected communities.

Martin Resource Management Corporation (2016): A privately held company that agreed to pay a $1 million penalty and take corrective actions to settle Clean Air Act violations at its petroleum products terminals.

New England Compounding Pharmacy (2013): In the wake of a meningitis outbreak caused by contaminated steroid injections, faced criminal charges and significant financial penalties, though the exact figure encompasses compensation to victims and may not constitute a fine in the traditional sense.

Black Elk Energy (2015): Fined $4.2 million for federal safety violations leading to a fatal offshore platform explosion in 2012.