Author Topic: Kris Dim had a heart attack.  (Read 76603 times)

The Coach

Re: Kris Dim had a heart attack.
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 08:36:10 PM »
http://www.musclemayhem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48337

"Just in . . . .

"I am kris's partner at his personal training studio and unfortunately the rumor is true...Kris went down yesterday at the studio and had emergency heart surgery to repair a split in his aortic valve...they thought that he was gonna be paralyzed because he did have a pretty significant stroke but i just visited kris and he is moving all limbs and he is speaking and coherent. They gave him a 10% chance of surviving the surgery but the big guy pulled through and it truly is a miracle. If there are any questions post them on here and i will do my best to answer them as the information comes my way; thank you and God bless."

Somebody upstairs is looking out for him . . ."

If "somebody upstairs" was looking out for him it would make a little more sense for him to not have the heart attack to begin with.  Damn my logical brain.  :-X

Man, thats too bad, my prayers go out to him and his family.

MATT.....someone upstairs WAS looking out for him, it makes alot of sense, a warning if you will.........sometimes it take an unfortunate situation like this to wake someone up. Sorry dude, but your edumacated logical brain is on the fritz. Keep your beliefs to yourself if you don't want responses like this!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 08:36:25 PM »
Idiot shouldn`t have been messing around with so many steroids.  If he would have been natural and never used, I can assure you this would have never happened.

Although I do think they should be legal for the simple fact that people should be able to whatever to themselves in the privacy of their own home, no matter how stupid or consequence of the action.

Also, this minimizes the gene pool prematurely which is good. 

Hopefully he doesn`t die and learns not to use steroids.  Only Science can save him. Nothing else.

I agree 100%.  Very intelligent post.  The only thing I would add is that making drugs illegal causes more problems like this to happen.  Who knows if this happened due to using counterfeit gear or gear that wasn't dosed properly or something of the like.  Making drugs illegal causes more harm than good.

Another point I wanted to make is that if you use this tone, you won't be able to sway people who don't already agree with you.  I would suggest a more friendly tone.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 08:39:58 PM »
shit..
Flower Boy Ran Away

The Coach

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 08:40:12 PM »
Idiot shouldn`t have been messing around with so many steroids.  If he would have been natural and never used, I can assure you this would have never happened.

Although I do think they should be legal for the simple fact that people should be able to whatever to themselves in the privacy of their own home, no matter how stupid or consequence of the action.

Also, this minimizes the gene pool prematurely which is good.  

Hopefully he doesn`t die and learns not to use steroids.  Only Science can save him. Nothing else.

One, before you assume it's drugs, wait for the entire story instead of passing judgment. Two....since GOD gave people the wisdom of science, I guess you'd be correct.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 08:41:44 PM »
steroids have nothing to do with science?

E
E

The Coach

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 08:43:06 PM »
steroids have nothing to do with science?

E

Do you know for a fact it was steroids?

dylan_dent

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 08:44:22 PM »
More 'natural' people have heart attacks/strokes than people on AAS.

D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2007, 08:52:30 PM »
Do you know for a fact it was steroids?

read my other posts, joe

E
E

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2007, 08:53:39 PM »

MATT.....someone upstairs WAS looking out for him, it makes alot of sense, a warning if you will.........sometimes it take an unfortunate situation like this to wake someone up. Sorry dude, but your edumacated logical brain is on the fritz. Keep your beliefs to yourself if you don't want responses like this!!

what kind of wakeup call is god giving 2 year olds when he gives them cancer??

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2007, 08:56:05 PM »

People like "The Coach" are impossible to debate or discuss things with.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2007, 08:56:35 PM »

Just wondering...do you consider the use of anabolic steriods to be a sin? If you have used them in the past, do you regret it and consider it a mistake?

gammahydroxy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2007, 08:58:06 PM »
very sad... :'(

Hopefully Kris will pull through...

musclegurus.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2007, 09:00:10 PM »
When did Dim compete last?

This is scary.  He's like 30, right?

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2007, 09:02:57 PM »

Kris was born in 1973.

When the fuck do you plan on hitting that 240?  >:(
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Coach

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2007, 09:06:13 PM »
People like "The Coach" are impossible to debate or discuss things with.

Since we have a religion board this wouldn't be the place now would it? Besides, you started the debate.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2007, 09:07:15 PM »

A valve rupture has nothing to do with age....  it's not a MI caused by a blocked coronary artery like standard "heart attacks" are.
Ron: "I am lazy."

The Coach

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2007, 09:07:40 PM »

Again, the religion board. This isn't the board for that!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2007, 09:07:56 PM »

"Just in . . . .

"I am kris's partner at his personal training studio and unfortunately the rumor is true...Kris went down yesterday at the studio and had emergency heart surgery to repair a split in his aortic valve...they thought that he was gonna be paralyzed because he did have a pretty significant stroke but i just visited kris and he is moving all limbs and he is speaking and coherent. They gave him a 10% chance of surviving the surgery but the big guy pulled through and it truly is a miracle. If there are any questions post them on here and i will do my best to answer them as the information comes my way; thank you and God bless."

Somebody upstairs is looking out for him . . ."

If "somebody upstairs" was looking out for him it would make a little more sense for him to not have the heart attack to begin with.  Damn my logical brain.  :-X

I love your logic post about the real miracle about him NOT even having the attack, I have said the same kind of things and people get pissed off, but it makes sense to me.

I am however very sad for Kris Dim and his family at this time and thankful the man pulled thru. I wish him a long and healthy life with a speedy recovery.   How old is Kris?
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2007, 09:09:21 PM »
Hope for a quick and full recovery Kris...

The Coach

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2007, 09:10:21 PM »

A valve rupture has nothing to do with age....  it's not a MI caused by a blocked coronary artery like standard "heart attacks" are.

There was a powerlifter a while back who died from a ruptured aorta from straining during a lift, can't remember his name right now.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2007, 09:11:04 PM »
I am really starting to like The True Adonis's intelligent, very thoughtful posts
TEAM Nasser

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2007, 09:11:05 PM »

Hey now......no logic allowed here.... ::)
HAHA, RON.....

Luinitari

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2007, 09:11:14 PM »

Goatboy has the answer.  This is a genetic weakness in the valve Kim mustve had since birth.  Ironic how Dim got all the physical genetics and none of the one's that would serve to keep him alive...........

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2007, 09:22:28 PM »
There was a powerlifter a while back who died from a ruptured aorta from straining during a lift, can't remember his name right now.

That was probably an aortic aneurysm... a weakness in the wall of the aorta "balloons" out, then when blood pressure is greatly increased as in the case of a huge lift, "pop"...  the poor sucker bleeds out internally in under a minute.
Ron: "I am lazy."

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2007, 09:24:31 PM »
Kris is hardcore. He'll be back on some nubain doing SQUATS and DEADLIFTS and being HARDCORE I LOVE BUDWEISER HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
$