Author Topic: Kris Dim had a heart attack.  (Read 76351 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Kris Dim had a heart attack.
« on: June 08, 2007, 07:36:40 PM »
Scroll down, and on page two:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=82906.0

Mods if you wish, take care of the merging of these threads as you will.

Too bad to hear this.  I guess this will do to Kris what Orville Burke's ordeal did to him.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

midnight2003

• Getbig I
  • Free Paris, Free Willy, HELL, Free my uncle Willie
Re: Kris Dim had a heart attack.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 07:40:55 PM »
I really hate to here this. Anyone who has met Kris know's he's a cool dude. I hope he get's well soon and can still live a normal life, I've seen what a stroke can do to people :'(

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 07:45:10 PM »
I really hate to here this. Anyone who has met Kris know's he's a cool dude. I hope he get's well soon and can still live a normal life, I've seen what a stroke can do to people :'(

I can't say I've seen it firsthand, but I know what it can entail.

Does Kris have a Max Muscle store?  Presumably he can make a living without relying on professional bodybuilding?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

affy

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 07:47:57 PM »
man thats horrible...hope he has a full recovery

*waits until someone connects this with roids*

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 07:49:33 PM »
What was the cause?

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 07:52:30 PM »

"Just in . . . .

"I am kris's partner at his personal training studio and unfortunately the rumor is true...Kris went down yesterday at the studio and had emergency heart surgery to repair a split in his aortic valve...they thought that he was gonna be paralyzed because he did have a pretty significant stroke but i just visited kris and he is moving all limbs and he is speaking and coherent. They gave him a 10% chance of surviving the surgery but the big guy pulled through and it truly is a miracle. If there are any questions post them on here and i will do my best to answer them as the information comes my way; thank you and God bless."

Somebody upstairs is looking out for him . . ."

If "somebody upstairs" was looking out for him it would make a little more sense for him to not have the heart attack to begin with.  Damn my logical brain.  :-X
Bodybuilding Pro.com

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 07:54:01 PM »

Dude,

A stroke and a heart attack are two different things.

"1"

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 07:55:54 PM »
Dude,

"1"

Apparently Kris had both.  :-\

But somebody upstairs is looking out for him, so it's all good.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 07:59:17 PM »
Dude,

"1"

Exactly.

A problem with a heart valve, which is life threatening in itself, could in theory cause a clot which produces a stroke, but neither condition is a "heart attack".
Ron: "I am lazy."

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 08:01:29 PM »

Exactly.

A problem with a heart valve, which is life threatening in itself, could in theory cause a clot which produces a stroke, but neither condition is a "heart attack".

Nothing wrong with clarifying something.  I'm just reporting as per the other posts I've read.  It appeared that he had more than one medical ordeal at the same time but I'm not sure.  I'm sure somebody else will come on to report things more accurately.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 08:01:48 PM »
This sounds similar to what killed John Ritter...a ruptured aortic valve, I believe.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 08:02:11 PM »
PRAY for Kris!!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 08:02:20 PM »
Scroll down, and on page two:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=82906.0

Mods if you wish, take care of the merging of these threads as you will.

Too bad to hear this.  I guess this will do to Kris what Orville Burke's ordeal did to him.

Seriously?

Damn. That's a shame.

I wish him all the best....
HAHA, RON.....

whitewidow

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 08:02:59 PM »
man thats horrible...hope he has a full recovery

*waits until someone connects this with roids*

are you serious man??? of course this is drug related. take away all the steroids GH, IGf-1 and all the other exotic goodies and this heart attack would have never happened! steroids are only safe at reasonable dosages. insulin,igf-1 and some of those other peptides forget about them. very dangerous in the long run.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 08:03:42 PM »
Apparently Kris had both.  :-\

But somebody upstairs is looking out for him, so it's all good.

Well, based on what you just posted (account by his partner), if Kris did indeed have a split in his aortic valve, it would then lead to an obstruction, in which blood would have trouble getting through the aorta, which would then lead to less blood flowing to the brain, which would then undoubtedly cause a stroke.

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 08:05:52 PM »

Yes he really is a cool guy... damn, I hope he pulls through this somehow.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 08:06:26 PM »
are you serious man??? of course this is drug related. take away all the steroids GH, IGf-1 and all the other exotic goodies and this heart attack would have never happened! steroids are only safe at reasonable dosages. insulin,igf-1 and some of those other peptides forget about them. very dangerous in the long run.

Exactly.  As if it's unreasonable to connect the two.  Some people still manage to go decades abusing all sorts of drugs though...it takes both abuse and predisposition for problems like this to happen.

Well, based on what you just posted (account by his partner), if Kris did indeed have a split in his aortic valve, it would then lead to an obstruction, in which blood would have trouble getting through the aorta, which would then lead to less blood flowing to the brain, which would then undoubtedly cause a stroke.

Interesting stuff.  Always cool to learn new things.  The name stroke should be changed to "brain attack" because people take it more seriously with a name like that.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 08:08:08 PM »
a stroke can always happen, but if you re taking huge amounts of steroids like these guys, you re pushing it.

then again,there are people that enver smoked or drinked, and got heart attack and died.   :-\

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 08:22:44 PM »
damn that sucks

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 08:29:39 PM »
There but for the grace of God goes any of us.

Prayers for Kris and his family.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 08:32:20 PM »
should have laid of the MSG.

R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 08:32:28 PM »
Idiot shouldn`t have been messing around with so many steroids.  If he would have been natural and never used, I can assure you this would have never happened.

Although I do think they should be legal for the simple fact that people should be able to whatever to themselves in the privacy of their own home, no matter how stupid or consequence of the action.

Also, this minimizes the gene pool prematurely which is good.  

Hopefully he doesn`t die and learns not to use steroids.  Only Science can save him. Nothing else.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 08:33:51 PM »

not saying they have nothing to do with it but people his age drop dead from heart attacks far more often than you probably think

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 08:35:09 PM »

Somebody upstairs is looking out for him . . ."

If "somebody upstairs" was looking out for him it would make a little more sense for him to not have the heart attack to begin with.  Damn my logical brain.  :-X

that is what i always think when something terrible happens and some religious person brings up God

E
E

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 08:35:51 PM »
Idiot shouldn`t have been messing around with so many steroids.  If he would have been natural and never used, I can assure you this would have never happened.

Although I do think they should be legal for the simple fact that people should be able to whatever to themselves in the privacy of their own home, no matter how stupid or consequence of the action.

Also, this minimizes the gene pool prematurely which is good.  

Hopefully he doesn`t die and learns not to use steroids.  Only Science can save him. Nothing else.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!