Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Natural Bodybuilding

The Natural Profiles

(1/10) > >>

nzmusclemonster:
I would like a thread where natties could talk about why they got into bodybuilding and how long they have stayed natural and their choices for being natural. And it is interesting to get to know a bit about our fellow naturals.

If people would contribute that would be cool, as their story could inspire others to 'keep clean' as well  ;D

I got into bodybuilding because my father was a bodybuilder. He was a big dude, 5'9 230 pounds (lifetime natural), and he got me started doing bench presses in the garage when I was 15. A year later he signed me up to the gym and from there on I was hooked.

18-19 have been my best years strength wise. My best lifts were bench press: 315 for 2, but squats I was naturally strong, I think because my father got me doing very strict technique from the beginning. 315x17 and 405x6 were my best at that age.

Sadly, because of injuries and other commitments I haven't been able to get my strength back to that point. But I still continue to train and am not far off there.

I have been training on and off for 8 years having done 5 comps during that time and competed in a federation where 'users' flourish, as the shows are untested. It was good motivation know I would be up against guys who were juicing and I could hold my own against them.

I've stayed nattie because I don't see the attraction of injecting myself and possibly getting an infection, gyno, or risk harming my body in  any way.

OK so thats me, I'm sure there are others with very cool backrounds that would make for Sim interesting reading.... So lets hear ya stories!!!

davie:
Hey mate, good story!!

im not sure how long iv been seriously lifting as every day month year i try and get more and more serious (if u know what i mean), i guess about3 years. Im 22, and kinda started lifting in my garage wen i was 16 just trying to learn the form on bench rows etc.

Like urself my dad got me in2 it, he used to lift weights for rugby, and as i play he got me doing it aswell.

I think i decided to take it a bit more seriously wen i read 'hardcore bodybuilding' with tom platz on the front. Old school book with old school routine/exercsie explanations and pics/and diet tips. Great book and seeing those guys made me want to lift.

+ I was a small guy, ripped but small.

I did and still want to be as strong and as big as possible. Idont do it to compete, i do it b/c i love to train, i love managing a new and heavier weight than i did last week, or meeting/beating a rep target i have etc, i just love seeing my strength go up and knowing that i am getting stronger and bigger.
Lifting is something i do for me, its al down to me to make progress, and i love pushing myself, and trying to push myself further and harder every session.

davie

Tier:
I got into bodybuilding because i quit hockey at 18 and ballooned up from my constant 80kg to 114 , was miserable and fat , my thighs would chafe when id walk cause i was so fat

bought a 12.5kg dumbbell , did what i could with it , did situps , walking , and skipping with a piece of rope and lost 20 kg's in the 1st month

my diet was diet coke , grain waves , celery sticks and grapefruit juice ( didnt have a clue )

and eventually evolved from there and bought a home bench etc and basically started properly 3 years ago and keep within 80-85 kg (lots of muscle gained and the leanest ive been ever)

now i have a bad back from squatting too heavy and poor deadlifts , my calves are not genetically good enough to ever be a 'pro' and don't see the point in drugs if you dont have the potential to be the best...which just means u juice because your insecure , ive got better things to spend my money on and health is important to me as ive decided to get back into hockey again and am aiming for the new zealand team , will not quit weight training tho

would like to be a dietician one day too

...........still awake?  ;)

AVBG:
That's a bloody great story Dave & NZMM..

Mine goes something like this..

I started training to bulk up for rugby union when I was 15 as I was to go on a tour to NZ with the school squad..

I really got into it early as I responded to natural fairly quickly. My weight went fronm 70kgs to 85kg within 12 months.

I trained for two years before entering and winning my first local BB comp.. 12 months later I entered & won a teen state title.

I decided to take some time off to concentrate on gaining size to enter the Junior (under 21) division then at the age of 20 whilst preparing for a show, I was hit by a car while crossing the road (thankfully the car when it hit wasn't travelling too fast) and done some major damage to my left knee that required surgery.

Whilst in recovery, I dabbled for the first time in AAS (basic sust and anavar cycle) 2 months... My nutrition was poor and I didn't capitalise on the gains despite a 40lb initial gain.

I stopped training shortly there after for  approx 2 years then, when I went back at the age of 23, I went back on the gear again, poor nutrition and zero PCT resulted in minimal retained gains.

Whilst that time, I injured/cracked my sternum (soft tissue damage) by doing parallel bar dips and that put me out for a further year..

I came back to the gym again at the age of 25 (now 33) and have been training consistantly and drug free since 2000.

I am six foot even at a healthy 270lb (& between 15-20% BF).. I am not particularly strong (I look alot stronger than I actually am  ;D ).. I train for the most part at home in my fully set up free weight gym.

I am now training for the long term goal of entering some masters (over 35) comps in a coulpe of years and am in no rush for quick gains.

Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your perspective, I wasn't a huge responder to AAS and the reality of being a pro wasn't on the cards. So I have maintained drug free training which I will maintain for as long as  I can get out of bed  ;D .

nzmusclemonster:

--- Quote from: davie on February 04, 2007, 06:50:04 AM ---Hey mate, good story!!

im not sure how long iv been seriously lifting as every day month year i try and get more and more serious (if u know what i mean), i guess about3 years. Im 22, and kinda started lifting in my garage wen i was 16 just trying to learn the form on bench rows etc.

Like urself my dad got me in2 it, he used to lift weights for rugby, and as i play he got me doing it aswell.

I think i decided to take it a bit more seriously wen i read 'hardcore bodybuilding' with tom platz on the front. Old school book with old school routine/exercsie explanations and pics/and diet tips. Great book and seeing those guys made me want to lift.

+ I was a small guy, ripped but small.

I did and still want to be as strong and as big as possible. Idont do it to compete, i do it b/c i love to train, i love managing a new and heavier weight than i did last week, or meeting/beating a rep target i have etc, i just love seeing my strength go up and knowing that i am getting stronger and bigger.
Lifting is something i do for me, its al down to me to make progress, and i love pushing myself, and trying to push myself further and harder every session.

davie

--- End quote ---

Great story! Thats so bizzare, I had the Hardcore Bodybuilding book as well.... extremely motivational, there were some great shots of Mentzer and Serge in there, but the picture of Sergio doing a front double bi on the inside cover was amazing  :o Robert Kennedy is a great author. I also had 'Mass!' by him as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version