Author Topic: The Natural Profiles  (Read 81324 times)

overcome

• Getbig II
  • Size comes with strength, strength comes from pain
Re: The Natural Profiles
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 03:42:12 PM »
. now its nearly healed im startin back runnin and fitness to build it up for my future job in army.

what are you going in as?
you suck at life...

dave-boy

• Getbig I
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 11:24:09 AM »
an officer in the irish defence forces. if i dont get the cadetship il try the royal irish guards in england.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 08:48:57 PM »
Great stories here guys.

Here I go....when i was a kid i grew up watching HE-MAN cartoons on TV ;D, and in a purely non-gay way (not that there is anything wrong with that ;)) I just couldn't get over the way he looked and thought to myself, thats what i want to look like when i grow up.

Once in high school I was always pretty bad at Football (Aussie rules) as I could run like the wind but just couldn't kick the ball far or straight, which is pretty rare for an Aussie kid. Anyway in my final year at highscool i won a scholarship to go to the USA (Texas) for a year of school on a student exchange program. Once over there I found that being very fast over short distances wasn't such a bad thing (4.4 40yard dash)and they put me straight into the Varsity football team as a punt and kick returner. Hell i didn't even really know the rules, they just said catch it and run Rooboy!

Anyway while I was over there they showed me my first GYM and I loved it. By the time I got back to Australia most of my family and mates didn't recognise me as i had put on quite a bit of muscle and wasn't the skinny little kid anymore. I will always remember some of the girls I knew drooling over my new arms down the beach  8), well maybe not drooling, but at least they were looking my way now  ;D. After that I guess i knew I'd always love the Iron!!!!

Then the inevitable happened, I met a great girl, you know what i mean, the kind ya just can't say no too ;), got married and had kids, and although i kept in shape and worked out a few times a week my priority's changed and I had to focus on my career for the sake of my family and future. But over the last 6 months or so since i turned 30, I've been making some changes to get back to doing what I love, being in the gym 8).

I guess I'm kind of lucky that my missus loves the fitness lifestyle as well so it makes it easier. I also don't find it too hard to put on muscle either and am finding that the gains are comming back quite quickly, I guess I would still like to compete someday, and I'm happy to take it step by step till i feel I'm ready to pull on the trunks and have a crack at the stage :).

Peace.....

jakeflips

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 09:35:14 AM »
I've always looked up to muscular bodies (bbers, sports athletes, gymnasts, etc.).  So for me, I think the desire to look that way was always there.  However, I was a very small guy in high school (5'11, 140-145), and I never saw it possible.  Well, some friends of mine convinced me to get into cheerleading because I was goofy and outgoing, and the girls weren't too bad a consolation either (by the way, in Texas, guy cheerleaders are quite common and there were always just as many guys on the team as girls, so not like I was the only one!)  Anyway, it was actually really hard to do the tumbling and stunts; not what I expected.  So, I got into gymnastics to help with all that, and I knew that gymnasts were jacked (compared to me).  I figured this would help.  I ended up getting really good at this stuff and used cheerleading to get me scholarships through college.

I tore my ACL junior year, and I started to look at other aspects of staying/getting into better shape.  That's when I turned to bodybuilding.  I used to train for up to 4 hours a day on tumbling, so I was very lean, but never over 150 lbs.  I decided it was time to put on some muscle.  As soon as I started, I knew it was going to be something I would do for the rest of my life.  Two years after starting lifting, I'm now about 185 lbs. and still just as lean as before (I'm very ectomorphic).  I doubt I'll ever lose that gymnast style body, but it's cool because I don't want to be some huge freak.  I aspire towards bodies like Frank Zane's.

I enjoy reading these, so people keep posting your stories.

- Jake

Tryharder68

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2007, 03:46:25 PM »
Hello everyone!
I hate life.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2007, 05:57:46 PM »
I started lifting weights in order to get bigger for footy (Rugby League). I was 16 when i started (now 18). I was probably about 200lbs and about 5'9, not huge by any means but fairly solid for my age. Only down size was that i was about 30%b.f. I was playing prop with my league, and was getting to the stage where the guys i was coming up against were regularly 120+kg (260lbs+).

I had been a prop since i was 5 years old, and i knew that if i didn't get bigger, i would have to get dropped into 2nd row or worse. The only reason i was playing prop still was i was very quick for my size, and basically i was very good at running into people.

So at first i just started eating shit, i didn't care how  fat i got, i needed to put weight on fast. I got pretty fat to say the least, and my fitness levels plummeted. At the end of the season, i knew i needed to do something. Started running, swimming more (was once a state level swimmer, though you would never be able to tell by looking at me) The i joined my gym ,and thats when i fell in love ;D.

I just loved the gym environment and lifting weights. Before i knew it i was there 6 times a week (can someone say overtraining) I eventually came to the decision to give up Rugby League. I'd simply suffered too many injuries for a young person.

Now, roughly 18 months on, I'm 225lbs, (still pretty high body fat, maybe 20%) and 5'11. Am about to embark on my 1st serious cutting diet and may even consider competing next year. All i know is that weight lifting and bodybuilding have changed mt life for the better, and hopefully i will continue on this path to self improvement for many more years to come.

Sorry for the long story. post some more boys, there all good reads.
Peace.
No doubt about it...

mrhighintensity

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »
Check out my story guys!

http://markusreinhardt.com/aboutmr.html

HIT HARD!
MR
www.markusreinhardt.com
Now weekly HIT chats in Members section!
HIT HARD! - MR

jml3001

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 03:35:17 PM »
My dad was a drunk and smacked his kids around.  I was just kind of a whimp until I was about 18 - and kind of felt like it was my place to be smacked around by my dad.  When I was about 19 he tried to hit me again, and I just stood my ground even though I knew I couldn't take him.  I had just decided I was tired of being pushed around - by him or anyone.  So I got into bodybuilding.  Now I'm the tough guy smacking my kid around...just kidding.  It's just that at 205, I feel much more in control - like I can protect my family in a way that I didn't when I was 140.  Nobody messes with my family.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2009, 11:50:26 PM »
started training at 19, i'm french so iron sport are marginal in that fuckin country.
weight 72 kg for 188cm, first lift 60kg bench, 30 kg squat (epic fail) and 100 deadlift.i was looking like a girl.
5 years ago i weighed 130kg, with a 140bench, 200 squat and 250 dead.
from 34 to 52 cm arm, all drug free. gallons of milk, tons of various food.
then cut down to a correct 242 lbs body.
then at 26 serious lower back and knee injury.
then 3 years of poor training.

then i'm 30, hungry, back on track, more determinated than ever.
the fire still burning.

i'm 35, i'm not natural anymore. ;D
asstropin

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 05:43:27 AM »
So I got into bodybuilding.  Now I'm the tough guy smacking my kid around...just kidding.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

;D
S

100kg Clint

• Getbig II
  • Get some!
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2009, 04:22:24 AM »
Hey guys, thought id post here as im going to compete in my first bodybuilding comp this September. Iv always loved weights, i used to watch the comps as a kid. Remember seeing Flex Wheeler and such thinking i wana look like that! Plus He-Man and Thundercats. It seemed all the super heroes were huge and ripped, lol.
Iv done alot of competetive Martial Arts, but always drawn back to pumping hard core iron. Love getting my body into shape and getting a wicked pump. Im 26 now and wish i competed in BB sooner, so this is the year! Done alot of swim wear shoots and calanders so always been in good shape. Iv been blessed with good genetics i think too (thanx dad) lol.
So next eight weeks is continue gaining as much mass a poss then diet time after!
PS, any tips for a first time competitor would be greatly appreciated, haha.
Shadow was his brand: Instantly recognisable.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 01:19:49 PM »
Training 28 yrs + 5 months, age 45 yrs. + 10 Months  (not a lifetime natural Bodybuilder, did 3 Test-Cycle total of 11 months several years ago...after this worked up to my level without any kind of medicine, and after 4 years off i´m able to beat many of my best lifts
from the time i was "on"  in my late 30´s/early40´s.
and hope to progress further in the next 2 or 3 years...

unilateral benchpress-plateload-machine, 7 x 20 kg plates (one side)

1 arm rows 440 lbs equal to hammer-Strength-machine from Gym80

all actual clips from the last weeks/days....

FootballCoach

• Getbig I
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 02:23:56 PM »
I started training with weights because when I was 12 I wanted to be  a professional football player. Our varsity coach put us on a pyramid program but I could never hit the increased weight for the prescribed weights. I went to the local book store and bought "the encyclopedia of bodybuilding" or something like that by Joe Weider. it was loaded with great pics and workouts and I was hooked. I was the type of kid who would come home from school, eat 4 peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches and two huge glasses of milk with this horrible soy or milk and egg protein in it...gawd awful stuff back in the 70s-80s. 

In any case, my buds would want to play basketball or wiffle ball or street hockey but I had to go train in my dungeon of  a basement for two hours first. (man I was 12 and i was doing "Arnolds cannon ball shoulder routine" and "tom platz freaky thigh routine" lmao)  in any case, that was ....31 years ago...holy smokes, I have been lifting for 31 years and I have NEVER EVEN SEEN ROIDS let alone tried them. I guess this is the benefit of being mostly an at home trainer.

I was but a mere 98 lbs back then and am a whopper at 284 (too fat) right now.  funny thing, I had 8% body fat when I was in my 20s.
 Ill tell you all this, I saw a bunch of people start lifting, start juciing and guess what? they dont lift anymore and look like hell. i am still at it and more motivated now than ever before.  I dont need to see what science can do for my body, who cares. I want to see what I can do for my body and thats all.

AVBG

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2009, 05:59:53 PM »
I started training with weights because when I was 12 I wanted to be  a professional football player. Our varsity coach put us on a pyramid program but I could never hit the increased weight for the prescribed weights. I went to the local book store and bought "the encyclopedia of bodybuilding" or something like that by Joe Weider. it was loaded with great pics and workouts and I was hooked. I was the type of kid who would come home from school, eat 4 peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches and two huge glasses of milk with this horrible soy or milk and egg protein in it...gawd awful stuff back in the 70s-80s. 

In any case, my buds would want to play basketball or wiffle ball or street hockey but I had to go train in my dungeon of  a basement for two hours first. (man I was 12 and i was doing "Arnolds cannon ball shoulder routine" and "tom platz freaky thigh routine" lmao)  in any case, that was ....31 years ago...holy smokes, I have been lifting for 31 years and I have NEVER EVEN SEEN ROIDS let alone tried them. I guess this is the benefit of being mostly an at home trainer.

I was but a mere 98 lbs back then and am a whopper at 284 (too fat) right now.  funny thing, I had 8% body fat when I was in my 20s.
 Ill tell you all this, I saw a bunch of people start lifting, start juciing and guess what? they dont lift anymore and look like hell. i am still at it and more motivated now than ever before.  I dont need to see what science can do for my body, who cares. I want to see what I can do for my body and thats all.

keepus posted

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2009, 09:45:28 PM »
My dad was a drunk and smacked his kids around.  I was just kind of a whimp until I was about 18 - and kind of felt like it was my place to be smacked around by my dad.  When I was about 19 he tried to hit me again, and I just stood my ground even though I knew I couldn't take him.  I had just decided I was tired of being pushed around - by him or anyone.  So I got into bodybuilding.  Now I'm the tough guy smacking my kid around...just kidding.  It's just that at 205, I feel much more in control - like I can protect my family in a way that I didn't when I was 140.  Nobody messes with my family.

HAHAHHAHAH I laughed at this too
"Now I'm the tough guy smacking my kid around...just kidding."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2013, 05:52:56 AM »
Im 38 - now - got into BB at 22 after my track n field career was over on a joke by a guy at my school who challenged me to do a show. 

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2014, 04:34:22 AM »
more than 5 Years ago since i posted in that thread....my Bodyweight is act. down to "around" 112 kg/248 lbs, height 6 "2", training now 34 years training, 51 year old, still longtime natural. Last year i was diagnos. 2 tumors, but my therapy went well. i changed my diet and training programm a bit, and now feel good with all measurements in my "big blood picture" are ok. I still hit the gym 4-5 times a week, doing also some cardio-work before or after my workouts, or in the morning before breakfast. I like do diet down to 230 lbs/105 kg (so another 15 lbs. to go.).
Some act. Pics with 112 kg taken the last days...

Joex

• Getbig I
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2014, 06:23:31 AM »
Code: [Select]
Very good stories here, I will take this issue to introduce myself in my first topic in this forum. I started in bodybuilding to be stronger at contact sports but an injury made ​​me stop fighting and the gym became my main sport and a way to keep fighting in a different place. At first I just wanted to get stronger, lift more weight and allways was fat because ate lot of calories, bodybuilding seemed me a fashion show but eventually was liking it and found a middle ground between the way I train and bodybuilding. I´ve training the ultimate twelve years and my goal is to get stronger every year and get a bodybuilder body without roids.
These photos are from my first competition two years ago and my current body now.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2014, 10:11:27 AM »
finished my offseason last week....go on diet for the next 3 Months and guess i go down to 235 lbs. Starting at 260 lbs. right now.....

Chaan

• Getbig I
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2014, 07:10:56 AM »
I quit other sports age 14 and went to the gym because of a vision I had age 13, that I'd get big and square. I didn't know what I'd look like exactly, but I was thinking something like a lumberjack, maybe bigger. They often have good shoulders, a straight dropping torso outline (not a bb'er V shape), and legs. I reached my goal physique spring 2013 (it took very long since I've been ill), and it turned out to be 100 kilo while fit. Then it turned out, it didn't suffice, so I've continued.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2014, 04:30:05 PM »
I quit other sports age 14 and went to the gym because of a vision I had age 13, that I'd get big and square. I didn't know what I'd look like exactly, but I was thinking something like a lumberjack, maybe bigger. They often have good shoulders, a straight dropping torso outline (not a bb'er V shape), and legs. I reached my goal physique spring 2013 (it took very long since I've been ill), and it turned out to be 100 kilo while fit. Then it turned out, it didn't suffice, so I've continued.

boy or girl?

??? ??? ???

Chaan

• Getbig I
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 10:46:45 AM »
boy or girl?
I prefer a girl. I look like this on the other side.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2018, 08:07:28 PM »
I prefer a girl. I look like this on the other side.

any updates?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2019, 07:44:13 PM »
Joe Weider headquarters was in my home town of Union city, NJ when I was a kid. I would stare in the window at all the weight lifting equipment and supplements. Walking with my mom I asked if I could go in and look around. She stood outside as I went in. The guys working there asked me if I wanted a stack of expired magazines.  Walking with my stack I saw Joe Weider walking in. I used to go back and get my free magazine all the time. I was about 8 or 9 years old. I was always the shortest and most incredible skinny kid of all time. My knees were much bigger than my thighs. I have a very slight bone structure. Even today my wrists are tiny.

When I was about 13 my much older brother got a sears bench and sears vinyl weights filled with concrete. Here was my chance.  Looking at the pictures in Muscle Builder and the Mr. America magazines I started to do the exercises. Since I never saw anyone lift I didn't know you had to move the weight. I just stood there till I was blue in the face in the curl position just like the magazine picture.  Had no clue what 5 sets of 10 reps meant. My older brother saw me and after awhile and said what they hell are you doing?

I think because of my childhood insecurities I gravitated toward wanting muscles. I weighed a whopping 118lbs my freshman year in high school. I wanted to play football as a running back but the two running backs on the team both weighed about 205lbs.  The first time I ran a 25 dive I hit the linebacker full speed and after the smoke cleared and the little birdies flying around my head stopped I reconsidered my football dreams.  I then went out for Track. In the beginning I found I had a real talent for it. Stringing together 5 minutes miles was something I could do. I developed a real work ethic from being on the team. The high school track team had 70 members. I still never abandoned the weights. From part time jobs I bought Jubinville equipment. It was cheap and strong.

Around my junior year the weights started working. I weighed 144lbs and decided to compete in the NJ Power lifting Championship. Why waste my time with lower meets?  ;D  I bombed out in the deadlift because the lift stalled briefly on the way up.  If my memory serves me I would have ended up 4th or 5th.  With the lifting I found I developed more potential in the sprints. I kept lifting hard through college and I joined the track team there as a 400 meter sprinter. I was sprinting now at a weight between 155lbs and 165lbs at 5'8". I was muscular and lean.

After graduation I really got into training. I got up to 180lbs and I was really lean almost ripped. I never took a picture because I always felt I would get better.  In my early 20's it was the best condition I ever achieved.  Track and the lifting really aided me in life. My profession relied on my physicality. On a side note I met that linebacker that put me on my ass back in the day. He was actually looked like nothing and I couldn't help but suppress a laugh as I looked in his direction trying to say hello and he kept his head down. It would have been a different story now. I would have easily put him on his ass.  I wasn't the 115lbs 5'8" high school kid anymore. Through the years I have boxed and done jui jitsu during the early days of the UFC when no one knew of jui jitsu.  I had five fights in the ring. Lost only one and it was my first. Decided I wanted to stay pretty  ;D so I stopped boxing.

Through the years my collection of equipment grew. Funny even though moving so many places the equipment stayed with me. I remember giving the equipment to a friend. I asked him many years later if he still used it and he said no. I asked him if I could have it back and he said, sure. I still work out with that stuff that's over 40 years old.

Today I'm retired and work part time. I'm in my 60's but I still lift, run and do strike training. I still wake up everyday and think of better ways to train. I find my body is breaking down. Almost 50 years of lifting and athletics. When I run now it's for distance and easy intervals on a treadmill. Just last week I wondered if I still could sprint like the old days. LOL. I warmed up with an easy mile.  I decided to do approximately 40-50 yard sprints. I gradually picked up the pace for each one. The third one was all out. Damn I still had it. I felt explosive and I know I was moving.  The forth one I had to turn off the jets. Something bad happened. My Achilles was hurting near the insertion. Nothing extreme but I knew I had to shut it down. The next day I was limping around. Must have swelled over night.  For four weeks I tried super slow running. Walking long distances. I only made it worst. My buddy on the training board knocked some sense into me and now I'm resting it. I hope I don't need an orthopedic surgeon to repair a partial tear. I hope it's just strained. Getting old stinks. Thought I was forever young. I'm nearly 190 lbs now and I really want to get down to 175lbs-180lbs. I don't know if that's a realistic goal right now with age and my life now. I'm still fighting the good fight.  

ponal

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2019, 08:27:08 AM »
Joe Weider headquarters was in my home town of Union city, NJ when I was a kid. I would stare in the window at all the weight lifting equipment and supplements. Walking with my mom I asked if I could go in and look around. She stood outside as I went in. The guys working there asked me if I wanted a stack of expired magazines.  Walking with my stack I saw Joe Weider walking in. I used to go back and get my free magazine all the time. I was about 8 or 9 years old. I was always the shortest and most incredible skinny kid of all time. My knees were much bigger than my thighs. I have a very slight bone structure. Even today my wrists are tiny.

When I was about 13 my much older brother got a sears bench and sears vinyl weights filled with concrete. Here was my chance.  Looking at the pictures in Muscle Builder and the Mr. America magazines I started to do the exercises. Since I never saw anyone lift I didn't know you had to move the weight. I just stood there till I was blue in the face in the curl position just like the magazine picture.  Had no clue what 5 sets of 10 reps meant. My older brother saw me and after awhile and said what they hell are you doing?

I think because of my childhood insecurities I gravitated toward wanting muscles. I weighed a whopping 118lbs my freshman year in high school. I wanted to play football as a running back but the two running backs on the team both weighed about 205lbs.  The first time I ran a 25 dive I hit the linebacker full speed and after the smoke cleared and the little birdies flying around my head stopped I reconsidered my football dreams.  I then went out for Track. In the beginning I found I had a real talent for it. Stringing together 5 minutes miles was something I could do. I developed a real work ethic from being on the team. The high school track team had 70 members. I still never abandoned the weights. From part time jobs I bought Jubinville equipment. It was cheap and strong.

Around my junior year the weights started working. I weighed 144lbs and decided to compete in the NJ Power lifting Championship. Why waste my time with lower meets?  ;D  I bombed out in the deadlift because the lift stalled briefly on the way up.  If my memory serves me I would have ended up 4th or 5th.  With the lifting I found I developed more potential in the sprints. I kept lifting hard through college and I joined the track team there as a 400 meter sprinter. I was sprinting now at a weight between 155lbs and 165lbs at 5'8". I was muscular and lean.

After graduation I really got into training. I got up to 180lbs and I was really lean almost ripped. I never took a picture because I always felt I would get better.  In my early 20's it was the best condition I ever achieved.  Track and the lifting really aided me in life. My profession relied on my physicality. On a side note I met that linebacker that put me on my ass back in the day. He was actually looked like nothing and I couldn't help but suppress a laugh as I looked in his direction trying to say hello and he kept his head down. It would have been a different story now. I would have easily put him on his ass.  I wasn't the 115lbs 5'8" high school kid anymore. Through the years I have boxed and done jui jitsu during the early days of the UFC when no one knew of jui jitsu.  I had five fights in the ring. Lost only one and it was my first. Decided I wanted to stay pretty  ;D so I stopped boxing.

Through the years my collection of equipment grew. Funny even though moving so many places the equipment stayed with me. I remember giving the equipment to a friend. I asked him many years later if he still used it and he said no. I asked him if I could have it back and he said, sure. I still work out with that stuff that's over 40 years old.

Today I'm retired and work part time. I'm in my 60's but I still lift, run and do strike training. I still wake up everyday and think of better ways to train. I find my body is breaking down. Almost 50 years of lifting and athletics. When I run now it's for distance and easy intervals on a treadmill. Just last week I wondered if I still could sprint like the old days. LOL. I warmed up with an easy mile.  I decided to do approximately 40-50 yard sprints. I gradually picked up the pace for each one. The third one was all out. Damn I still had it. I felt explosive and I know I was moving.  The forth one I had to turn off the jets. Something bad happened. My Achilles was hurting near the insertion. Nothing extreme but I knew I had to shut it down. The next day I was limping around. Must have swelled over night.  For four weeks I tried super slow running. Walking long distances. I only made it worst. My buddy on the training board knocked some sense into me and now I'm resting it. I hope I don't need an orthopedic surgeon to repair a partial tear. I hope it's just strained. Getting old stinks. Thought I was forever young. I'm nearly 190 lbs now and I really want to get down to 175lbs-180lbs. I don't know if that's a realistic goal right now with age and my life now. I'm still fighting the good fight.  

Cool Story Bro