Author Topic: Your sleeping position  (Read 2743 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Your sleeping position
« on: June 20, 2010, 01:13:18 PM »
What your sleeping position says about you ...

Foetus

Those who curl up in the foetus position are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax. This is the most common sleeping position, adopted by 41% of the 1,000 people who took part in the survey. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.

Log

Lying on your side with both arms down by your side. These sleepers are easy going, social people who like being part of the in-crowd, and who are trusting of strangers. However, they may be gullible.

Yearner

People who sleep on their side with both arms out in front are said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious, cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it.

Soldier

Lying on your back with both arms pinned to your sides. People who sleep in this position are generally quiet and reserved. They don't like a fuss, but set themselves and others high standards.

Freefall

Lying on your front with your hands around the pillow, and your head turned to one side. Often gregarious and brash people, but can be nervy and thin-skinned underneath, and don't like criticism, or extreme situations.

Starfish

Lying on your back with both arms up around the pillow. These sleepers make good friends because they are always ready to listen to others, and offer help when needed. They generally don't like to be the centre of attention.

The remainder of those in the poll said the position they fell asleep varied or did not know.

Professor Idzikowski also examined the effect of various sleeping positions on health. He concluded that the freefall position was good for digestion, while the starfish and soldier positions were more likely to lead to snoring and a bad night's sleep.

Professor Idzikowski said "Lying down flat means that stomach contents can more readily be worked back up into the mouth, while those who lie on their back may end up snoring and breathing less well during the night. "Both these postures may not necessarily awaken the sleeper but could cause a less refreshing night's sleep."

The research also found that most people are unlikely to change their sleeping position. Just 5% said they sleep in a different position every night.
:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Your sleeping position
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 01:27:34 PM »
 ;D

I saw this a while back

I am a yearner/starfish

although when I lay like the yearner im basically on my stomach for the most part with one arm under the pillow and the other out in front of me.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 02:27:58 PM »
Begin as a soldier w/ 4 pillows making a "ramp" under my back and head and 2 pillows under my arms and back.

Then move to foetus at the 2nd pee at about 3am..

Then Freefaller close to wake up time.
R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 07:27:02 PM »
start the night sleeping on my back but my hands on my stomach ..not star fish.....vampire maybe  :-\

usually wake up on my stomach..one arm to the side..one under pillow
carpe` vaginum!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 05:24:52 AM »
Lol...

I guess i'm a log.

newmom

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 06:00:59 AM »

newmom

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 06:02:34 AM »
Start off as Foetes then wake up as freefaller

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 07:06:05 AM »
on top   ;D

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 11:28:17 AM »
Begin as a soldier w/ 4 pillows making a "ramp" under my back and head and 2 pillows under my arms and back.

Then move to foetus at the 2nd pee at about 3am..

Then Freefaller close to wake up time.
LOL
I am a foetus sleeper with a pillow over my head and another between my legs.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 01:17:55 PM »
When i'm hammered i'm a freefaller.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 01:21:46 PM »
All 6 positions for me nightly what does that mean?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 01:26:58 PM »
All 6 positions for me nightly what does that mean?
Means you can crash in any position. Better for you.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 04:03:07 PM »
Always the Foetus, but if it's really warm I might wake up as a Starfish.
:

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 07:16:40 PM »

99.9% of the time I'm Foetus all the way. I've had partners just absolutely hate me because when I knock out, I'm just out and stay in the same position for the entire night. If I get up, I go right back to Foetus on my left side and continue sleeping.

One partner even thought I was dead, since I didn't move at all.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 04:39:05 AM »
Right now I could go into "log" mode. I hd relatives over till 11pm last night. I'm tired and its only 7:30am. Crap.  :(

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 08:52:24 AM »
I think when I'm in foetus mode I'm actually 1/2 foetus, 1/2 yearner...1 leg and one arm are straight
R

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 08:54:29 AM »
I think when I'm in foetus mode I'm actually 1/2 foetus, 1/2 yearner...1 leg and one arm are straight
Damn your a complicated sleeper, Stells. If i'm exhausted I can actually fall asleep sitting up in my easy chair.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 08:57:37 AM »
Damn your a complicated sleeper, Stells. If i'm exhausted I can actually fall asleep sitting up in my easy chair.

I have to be lying down.  I have a friend that could sleep standing for a few minutes...that's what he told me anyway
R

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 09:15:31 AM »
I have to be lying down.  I have a friend that could sleep standing for a few minutes...that's what he told me anyway
Sounds like a case of narcolepsy, I went to the car races one time with a friend it was loud as hell he fell asleep during the race.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 10:35:06 AM »
Sounds like a case of narcolepsy, I went to the car races one time with a friend it was loud as hell he fell asleep during the race.

I once fell asleep at a Packer game during a blizzard!
:

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
A guy I used to work with used to have that problem. Its some sort of sleeping disiorder. He once crashed out during a wedding reception at the church. It was freakin hilarious  :D