Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Men's Physique Board

Men's Physique - How Come and What's Next???

<< < (8/10) > >>

stuntmovie:
DAVID, Thanks for your interesting and intelligent response.

I may not agree 100% but I'd like to add the following to your "cost to  effect ratio and weigh the benefits ....".

A couple of weeks ago I had a short discussion with a local NPC event promoter and I asked him what he thought about the future of promoting professional PHYSIQUE contests.

"Professional" meaning a physique contest for these new IFBB Physique contenders who have entered the IFBB ranks within the past few years.

We then proceeded to discuss the financial difficulties of promoting an IFBB Pro Physique contest mainly due to the fact that IFBB professionals receive financial "benefits" which do not apply to the amateur contenders.

Plus the IFBB sanction fee

We did not go into detail here but I believe the professional Physique contenders receive travel pay to the event and hotel room expenses ...
but I could be entirely wrong regarding this nowadays, but I do know that it is considerably more expensive for the promoter to promote a IFBB Pro event than for a promoter to promote an amateur contest whereby the contenders pay all their own expenses plus entry feee, etc. etc.

So I'm guessing that it might cost around $20,000+++ (a pretty low estimate) if a promoter planned to promote an IFBB Professional Physique contest.

I'll be making a couple of phone calls to see how accurate the above estimates are.

And until Physique event interest grows even bigger than it is today,
it appears that it would be difficult to make an IFBB Pro Physique event profitable for the promoter.

But, I believe that the NPC/IFBB is interested in keeping current IFBB Pros and future IFBB Pros as active members each and every year .... so the above may be under serious consideration as we speak.

Pros do not maintain their IFBB membership unless the proverbial carrot on a stick is offered because pros no longer compete for plastic trophies.

More thoughts on this subject forthcoming  if there is any interest.

gopi007bond:
i love to build physique. plz guide me help me out.

---------------------------

WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION

falco:

--- Quote from: gopi007bond on September 04, 2016, 10:53:27 AM ---i love to build physique. plz guide me help me out.

---------------------------

WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION

--- End quote ---

plz ask big dan hill

stuntmovie:
It's been a while since I visited this 'site' but since my last visit Classic Physique (I think it's called that now) has been added to the NPC lineup of events.

And it's about time that myself and others add some Phisique contender shots to this post.

Here's a contender whom I mentioned earlier in one of the major topics up that high above who would did well in the recent NPC portion of the North American Bodybuilding Championships by winning the bodybuilding  heavyweight class .... but just might have difficulties placing within he money as an IFBB Pro Bodybuilder simply due to the fact that he just ain't massive enough.

And there could exist a remote possibility that he has too much muscle to do well within an IFBB physique event.

I think he could do well in boyh by gaining muscle mass and competing as a pro-bodybuilder during the odd numbered years and competing as a pro physique contender during the even numbered year.

And it's also remotely possible that there are a good number of others contenders who could do likewise or are presently considering the possibility of doing so.

Here's Chris Bumstead when he received his IFBB Pro card by winning the heavywt class at the 2016 North America Championships.

If there are others whom you believe would do well with an IFFPro  Bodybuilding contest as well as an IFBB Pro  Physique event .... feel free to contribute here.

I'll  see if I can add more over the next few days.

stuntmovie:
My best bet for this weekend's 2017 IFBB Olympia PHYSIQUE top three outcome ..... (Or is it now Classic Bodybuilding? I'm in the process of catching up!)

BUENDIA
POSTON
TERRY

But judging by their photos (see below) I'd pick Poston as the overall.

I think I may be overlooking Sadik Hadzovic but I don't know enough about current Physique comps so I'll just sit back and see how it turns out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version