Author Topic: Buttigieg MIA  (Read 3731 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Buttigieg MIA
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2021, 01:16:38 PM »
Did he get stitches after delivery?
No, just Tucks Medicated Pads.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2021, 02:52:18 PM »
Just throwing it out there, but if Pete was a chick, would there be this type of uproar?

Good point. People here seem to forget that the FMLA was passed in 1993. For more details on it, check this out: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/fact-sheets/28-fmla

That he's gay, a male and the babies are adopted doesn't disqualify Buttigieg from taking FMLA. As best as I can tell, Buttigieg doesn't have enough time on the job (12 months) to qualify for FMLA. The 12 months can include the 12 weeks a person is using FMLA. He began his job as Secretary of Transportation last February and he went on FMLA last August. He is a least 1 month short of qualifying.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2021, 03:01:04 PM »

Good point. People here seem to forget that the FMLA was passed in 1993. For more details on it, check this out: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/fact-sheets/28-fmla

That he's gay, a male and the babies are adopted doesn't disqualify Buttigieg from taking FMLA. As best as I can tell, Buttigieg doesn't have enough time on the job (12 months) to qualify for FMLA. The 12 months can include the 12 weeks a person is using FMLA. He began his job as Secretary of Transportation last February and he went on FMLA last August. He is a least 1 month short of qualifying.

Terrible bill. I worked for a company that had several slackers that used FMLA as an excuse to just not work. Everyone else had to pick up the slack.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2021, 04:29:27 PM »
Buttplug is typical of the average govt employee.

This

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2021, 04:33:46 PM »
Let’s hope the Pathetic Queer Twat never returns - Sick society allowing 2 Queers to adopt children
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Society is Totally Fucked up .

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2021, 04:45:53 PM »

The point is....he should do his job or have a contingency in place. The country is spiraling down the drain.

The truth is this admin loves this sort of thing....no accountability needed if you aren't there...no press conference questions, etc...it's a trend.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2021, 05:01:23 PM »
Terrible bill. I worked for a company that had several slackers that used FMLA as an excuse to just not work. Everyone else had to pick up the slack.

It may vary by state, but in Oregon your employer doesn't have to pay you when you're on FMLA. However, you can utilize any paid leaves you have on the books, such as sick leave and vacation. Another thing which may have changed, was that unless you had paid leave, you had to pay your own healthcare insurance premiums. But, you were allowed to stay on the employer provided plan either way as long as the premium was paid.

I had over 500 hours of accrued sick leave before I retired and a little more than a month of vacation time. I used my accrued sick leave to pay for FMLA when I was caring for my wife and then vacation.     

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2021, 06:18:05 PM »
I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually don't have a problem with him taking leave.  I agree that he needs to be accessible during a time of crisis, and he ought to have a deputy who can step in and run the department in his absence. 

That said, I would not apply a different standard to him just because he is gay.  Bonding time with newborns is a crucial time for mothers and fathers (including adoptive parents).  He shouldn't be deprived of that opportunity.
I don't care if he takes time off, I do care that nobody is there to take his place and make decisions while he's off bilking our tax dollars.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2021, 06:35:27 PM »
I don't care if he takes time off, I do care that nobody is there to take his place and make decisions while he's off bilking our tax dollars.

In the article I read, he maintains that he is still making all the major decisions. If that's true, he's got it covered. If it's not, Biden should replace him.....oops, can't do that when someone is on FMLA. Such is life.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2021, 06:36:09 PM »
I’ve said  Trump losing might be a blessing in disguise. If the Republicans can’t sweep in 2022 they might as well just hang it up. This kind of thing is insulting to anybody who works for a living regardless of party.
Great point.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2021, 09:11:03 PM »

I agree, especially in this kind of job. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2021, 02:40:26 AM »
It may vary by state, but in Oregon your employer doesn't have to pay you when you're on FMLA. However, you can utilize any paid leaves you have on the books, such as sick leave and vacation. Another thing which may have changed, was that unless you had paid leave, you had to pay your own healthcare insurance premiums. But, you were allowed to stay on the employer provided plan either way as long as the premium was paid.

I had over 500 hours of accrued sick leave before I retired and a little more than a month of vacation time. I used my accrued sick leave to pay for FMLA when I was caring for my wife and then vacation.   
They didn't have to pay but it still put a strain on the company. Most were women who had men at home who made enough money to pay the bills so work was just "me" money. They would claim migraine headaches or that their children had some disorder so they qualified for FMLA. The company was always short staffed and couldn't hire extra workers because then they would have too many employees and no work when those FMLA people did actually show up. Another example of the government fucking up private companies.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2021, 05:09:09 AM »
Secretary Mayor Pete Is a Disaster
Townhall.com ^ | Octpber 19, 2021 | Derek Hunter
Posted on 10/19/2021, 6:44:28 AM by Kaslin

You know you’re landing serious punches on a liberal when they wrap themselves in their identity in the hope of deflecting criticism. “I expect this kind of attack as a (insert whatever here),” is a favorite of the left, from college campuses to the halls of power in Washington. It’s pathetic, and no self-respecting adult would engage in it, but we aren’t dealing with self-respecting adults, we’re dealing with Democrats, so…

That brings us to Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg, who is not only wrapping himself in his being gay to protect against justifiable criticism, but also hiding behind his two adopted newborns for good measure too. Not exactly father of the year.

Not only would Secretary Mayor Pete not be father of the year, he really has no business being Secretary of Transportation. I’ll just say it – were he not gay, there is no way this former Mayor of South Bend, Indiana, would have been considered for the job. He checked boxes, the right boxes with the left, and that was enough.

His only experience related to transportation issues is his fumbled management of the installation of bike paths in South Bend. He literally brings nothing to the table, and for the last two months he’s been away from the table on secret, unannounced paternity leave because he and his husband adopted a set of twins.

Congratulations to them, but honestly, I don’t give a damn and neither should you. Being a Cabinet Secretary is an important job, if you can’t do it, for whatever reason, resign. Moreover, our country is in the midst of a supply chain crisis involving ports and trucking, all of which falls directly into the portfolio of the Transportation Department. If the guy running that department isn’t showing up for work, for whatever reason, he has to go.

Pete should have the integrity to leave the post, but he won’t because he wasn’t hired for his ability or knowledge of the subject at hand, he was hired because he’s gay. In that regard, he’s still fulfilling what he was hired to do.

When it was finally discovered that he’d been off the job for 2 months, Pete didn’t shamefully admit that he is a worthless figurehead no one missed. Fully two of the nine months he’s been “on the job” were spent with him not on the job and no one noticed. The President and Democrats in Congress are fighting to push through a couple of “infrastructure” bills, and infrastructure is his responsibility, and he hasn’t been around for 60 days…and it wasn’t noticed until last week? There is no better argument for eliminating the whole damned department.

Since that won’t happen, it should at least be headed by someone who knows what they’re doing and is willing to show up to do it, especially when there is a crisis. That person is not Pete Buttigieg.

To cover for his failures and indifference, Pete and his allies in the media have accused his critics of homophobia, naturally, and hating children. Meanwhile, vital supplies sit on ships off the west coast because there aren’t enough truck drivers to deliver the goods that have already been unloaded and are sitting on those docks.

You’d think a Secretary of Transportation would be all over this problem, lecturing California for their dumb and damaging AB 5 law, which essentially outlawed independent contracting. A large percentage of the trucking industry operates on independent contracting, which made a lot of employers drop drivers. Add to that the inflated price of gas out there and you’re successfully destroying most of the profit margin for trucking. That leads to fewer truckers, which backs up everything and damages the country. Pete Buttigieg hasn’t done anything about it.

Worse, Pete doesn’t appear to have briefed the President about the reality of the situation either. Joe Biden announced his “game changing” idea was to have the ports in California stay open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. The only problem is, there’s no point to having more hours to unload ships when you don’t have anywhere to put it or anyone to take it away. Maybe Pete was warming some baby formula at the time, just too busy to get that info to the White House?

The fact is Pete Buttigieg was always going to be a joke as Secretary of Transportation, he just has the misfortune of being in that job at one of the rare times that job matters. Simply put, he’s not up to the task. He can hide behind his kids and sexual orientation all he wants, but nothing he can do will change reality. From the border to the Afghanistan withdrawal, the Biden administration isn’t known for holding incompetence accountable. There’s no reason to think they’ll start now. Hope you’re stocked up on what you need for Christmas.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2021, 05:14:49 AM »
Paternity leave is fine.

But two months is ridiculous.

Especially if you're in a cabinet position, new at it, and in the middle of a crisis.

Doesn't have to get more complicated than that.
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2021, 05:25:46 AM »
Paternity leave is fine.

Especially if you're in a cabinet position, new at it, and in the middle of a crisis.

I’ll bet the “Husband” stayed home, too.

I’m pretty sure none of our fathers took two months off when we were born. I know mine didn’t. He was a small business owner who never took any days off. And all of us turned out to be get big legends.💪

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2021, 09:17:25 AM »

I’m pretty sure none of our fathers took two months off when we were born. I know mine didn’t. He was a small business owner who never took any days off. And all of us turned out to be get big legends.💪
When we were born men didn't get anytime off except maybe the day you were born.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2021, 10:08:25 AM »
I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually don't have a problem with him taking leave.  I agree that he needs to be accessible during a time of crisis, and he ought to have a deputy who can step in and run the department in his absence. 

That said, I would not apply a different standard to him just because he is gay.  Bonding time with newborns is a crucial time for mothers and fathers (including adoptive parents).  He shouldn't be deprived of that opportunity.

I don't think many have a personal issue with it.

Psaki today said that shortages are a good sign. If that isn't soviet style disinfo I don't know what it is.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2021, 12:20:41 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2021, 12:23:09 PM »
They didn't have to pay but it still put a strain on the company. Most were women who had men at home who made enough money to pay the bills so work was just "me" money. They would claim migraine headaches or that their children had some disorder so they qualified for FMLA. The company was always short staffed and couldn't hire extra workers because then they would have too many employees and no work when those FMLA people did actually show up. Another example of the government fucking up private companies.

Oregon, along with several other states instituted paid FMLA which is a real additional cost and not just a loss of manpower to the employer.

There is another side to paid leaves though. I took a lot of paid leave during my employment, because I worked as a political activist for the union who reimbursed my employer for my wages when I was on an assignment. The person covering for me was at a lower pay scale, so the district benefited from my being absent. The same was true for when I took FMLA. That doesn't work in every situation. For example, when someone is at or near the bottom of the pay scale, paying for a sub is a wash. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2021, 12:25:04 PM »
Paternity leave is fine.

FMLA is 12 weeks and in certain cases up to 16 weeks or approximately 4 months.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2021, 12:32:40 PM »

FMLA is for each employee. So yeah, the "husband" is also eligible for it. Couples using it to take care of their babies can do so for 24 weeks or longer in some cases.

Some using FMLA takes a small risk that their employer may find in their absence that they really don't need the employee. It is possible this could result in the loss of your job even though you can't be fired for using FMLA. Nobody is indispensable. It is something worth thinking about before taking a big block of time off.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2021, 12:40:26 PM »

My father was in the military, stationed in Germany when I was born. So nope, he didn't get to come back to the states to help my mom care for me. On the other hand, in those times, most women, specially mothers didn't work. Believe it or not, couples and families got by on one income.

My stepdad also owned his own business. Like your father, he worked many hours and most days. He tried to take one day off a week. There was no paid time off for him....no vacations. I don't recall him staying home when I my sisters were adopted to help my mom take care of them. But like I already mentioned, a lot of women, like my mom didn't work outside the home. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2021, 12:41:10 PM »
When we were born men didn't get anytime off except maybe the day you were born.

Sometimes, in some cases not even then.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2021, 12:51:40 PM »
There is a reason maternity leave law does not apply to cabinet officials

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2021, 02:42:24 PM »
FMLA is 12 weeks and in certain cases up to 16 weeks or approximately 4 months.

Transportation Cabinet member.

Transportation crisis.

Y