Author Topic: Hawaiian Power  (Read 5120 times)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
Re: Hawaiian Power
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 08:13:30 PM »
He was just a kid. They grow up so fast.

Pellius, take him to 'Heiva i Tahiti' in July 2022 , annual Polynesian festival, only for residents of Oceania !.

1 of events is a stone lifting competition, the competitors must lift a stone weighting between 80 to 140kg, hold it on heirs shoulder for 3 seconds !.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2021, 02:28:47 AM »
Q

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2021, 03:23:28 AM »
Pellius is one of the top wordsmiths on Getbig.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2021, 04:01:41 AM »
LOL! Have you looked at your face lately? What was once elite model level is now fat and distorted full of black heads and acne. You're disgusting to look at. I've never touched alcohol in about 40 years and even then I've never consumed so much as a can of beer in one sitting. I certainly have never been drunk or high. Toked one but other than that never touched any recreational drug. You have been drunk, stoned, and high too many times to count. Despite your grass/kale eating preaching, I am way healthier than you are.

Look at yourself. Look at yourself right now. Now imagine yourself in another 25 years when you are my age. You are the perfect example of how someone with elite White man genetics can ruined themselves with dirty living and dirty eating.

You are what you eat and what you do.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2021, 04:02:42 AM »

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2021, 05:39:12 PM »
LOL! Have you looked at your face lately? What was once elite model level is now fat and distorted full of black heads and acne. You're disgusting to look at. I've never touched alcohol in about 40 years and even then I've never consumed so much as a can of beer in one sitting. I certainly have never been drunk or high. Toked one but other than that never touched any recreational drug. You have been drunk, stoned, and high too many times to count. Despite your grass/kale eating preaching, I am way healthier than you are.

Look at yourself. Look at yourself right now. Now imagine yourself in another 25 years when you are my age. You are the perfect example of how someone with elite White man genetics can ruined themselves with dirty living and dirty eating.

Will he be alive in 25 years?

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2021, 03:33:19 PM »

:D

“Savage Pellius” is always the best form of Pellius. RIP Marty.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2021, 06:04:23 PM »
My arms would just break if I ever tried to bench 585lbs. They would shatter.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2021, 05:42:54 AM »

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2021, 08:16:03 AM »
PELLIUS IS KING OF KANGZ!
Q

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2021, 01:30:48 AM »
Impressive young man.  Are those 'cupping' marks on him..?  I've seen a few people do it and kinda assumed it was new-agey BS - but if your man is doing it, maybe there's something in it..?

Yes, those are cupping marks. People that have them swear by them but I'm not convinced and think it's a fad. Not surprisingly, he's been having some recent trouble with his shoulders and elbows. Hence, the cupping therapy and the band. The band gives support much like knee wraps do. Of course, as his doctor advises, he should take some time off but he has a powerlifting meet in a couple of weeks and doesn't want to stop training. After this meet, he's going to try his hand at bbing and see how he shapes up. He wants to do the Shawn Ray Classic they are having here in November and I don't have the heart to tell him that he doesn't have enough time. He's never dieted before and my guess is that he would have to drop at least 30 lbs, but probably more if he wants to get shredded. He's around 250-260 at 5'!0". Anyway, it will be a good experience for him and he'll get a very good idea about what it takes to really diet and drop fat. It will be a good wake-up call as his whole life has been just eating whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and as much as he wants.

People have no idea just how hard the dieting part of contest prep is.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2021, 01:36:51 AM »
That dude spotting him has terrible gyno.

That's his wife. She's been spotting him for years. Isaac is not one of those tools that picks a weight that he has no chance of pushing on his own. Also, though she does help him with forced reps he knows when to stop so that the spotter doesn't have to practically lift all the weight. Being able to spot so that at most you need about 15 lbs of lift is enough. So when he misses a lift he doesn't just collapse down. She watching very closely and will sense when he isn't going to make it. She steps in right when the movement stops and not when it starts going back down so that she has to pick up the weight. She knows him and what he can do and can sense when he isn't going to quite lock it out. Again, often it's just an extra few pounds that they need to eke out that last rep out that they can't quite generate.

You don't have to be a beast to be a good spotter. As long as you know the lifter and the lifter isn't a dumb ass and picks a realistic weight he can handle.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2021, 04:23:44 AM »
That's his wife. She's been spotting him for years. Isaac is not one of those tools that picks a weight that he has no chance of pushing on his own. Also, though she does help him with forced reps he knows when to stop so that the spotter doesn't have to practically lift all the weight. Being able to spot so that at most you need about 15 lbs of lift is enough. So when he misses a lift he doesn't just collapse down. She watching very closely and will sense when he isn't going to make it. She steps in right when the movement stops and not when it starts going back down so that she has to pick up the weight. She knows him and what he can do and can sense when he isn't going to quite lock it out. Again, often it's just an extra few pounds that they need to eke out that last rep out that they can't quite generate.

You don't have to be a beast to be a good spotter. As long as you know the lifter and the lifter isn't a dumb ass and picks a realistic weight he can handle.

It's still a hugely bad idea to bench like that with just one female spotter. Catastrophic injury can happen any second. The slingshot can catapult the weight towards his face, he can blow a pec etc. Not benching in a powerrack is absolutely idiotic. If not in a rack you should have 3 spotters who are very experienced and even then they are usually not fast enough if something goes wrong.

Ask him what he did at the meet when it happens. I'm curious as to how much the slingshot added. I would guess at least 100lbs compared to a paused comp bench.

You want this type of bench to save your neck. It's a rule in the IPF for safety reasons.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2021, 02:28:27 PM »
It's still a hugely bad idea to bench like that with just one female spotter. Catastrophic injury can happen any second. The slingshot can catapult the weight towards his face, he can blow a pec etc. Not benching in a powerrack is absolutely idiotic. If not in a rack you should have 3 spotters who are very experienced and even then they are usually not fast enough if something goes wrong.

Ask him what he did at the meet when it happens. I'm curious as to how much the slingshot added. I would guess at least 100lbs compared to a paused comp bench.

You want this type of bench to save your neck. It's a rule in the IPF for safety reasons.

Yes, it would be great if we had such safety equipment. It would be great if you could find willing spotters to stop in the middle of their workout just spot you. It would be great if you had friends that were willing to adjust their personal life schedule that will coincide with your gym time.

As Rumsfield said, "You don't go to war with the army you want but you go to war with the army you have."

I can't count the number of times people bench and squat heavy without a spotter. Just last month I told a guy how brave he was squatting without a spotter and does he worry about not being able to make it up. He just told me he's been doing it for years and knows when he's at his limit.

There is risk in everything. We're living in a culture where people believe that safety is the number one priority and trumps all other values. That we can't put a price on human life. So now we have people driving alone in their cars wearing a face mask. We can't operate businesses as normal anymore. I get dirty looks from people because I don't wear a mask outdoors and have been refused entry into a business because I wear a face shield instead of a mask.

Isaac has been lifting for well over ten years starting at about 13 years old. He knows what he can do. Sure, a lot can go wrong. It can for all of us. But he measures the risks.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2021, 03:27:47 PM »
Yes, it would be great if we had such safety equipment. It would be great if you could find willing spotters to stop in the middle of their workout just spot you. It would be great if you had friends that were willing to adjust their personal life schedule that will coincide with your gym time.

As Rumsfield said, "You don't go to war with the army you want but you go to war with the army you have."

I can't count the number of times people bench and squat heavy without a spotter. Just last month I told a guy how brave he was squatting without a spotter and does he worry about not being able to make it up. He just told me he's been doing it for years and knows when he's at his limit.

There is risk in everything. We're living in a culture where people believe that safety is the number one priority and trumps all other values. That we can't put a price on human life. So now we have people driving alone in their cars wearing a face mask. We can't operate businesses as normal anymore. I get dirty looks from people because I don't wear a mask outdoors and have been refused entry into a business because I wear a face shield instead of a mask.

Isaac has been lifting for well over ten years starting at about 13 years old. He knows what he can do. Sure, a lot can go wrong. It can for all of us. But he measures the risks.

Though a lot of times people don't use the safety equipment that is already there. For example, people squat in the powerrack and don't set the pins. So lazy. It's such an unnecessary risk. There are no extra points awarded for being stupid. He has 585 on so he risks literal death and for what? If he's only 23 he's probably never gotten seriously injured and thinks it won't happen to him. I bet there's a powerrack in your gym?

I've hurt myself seriously many times so I'm extra cautious and aware of the risks. I used to bench 500 at 21, 2 pec tears later benching heavy was over with. I wish I was more cautious. I'm not scared of heavy weight but there's also being plain stupid.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2021, 03:44:20 PM »
The man is strong on the bench.  Much stronger than I ever was.  I think I never had anyone spot me on the squat as I used either a cage with pins set low enough that I could sit down and get the weight off me (never did) or was a tiered setup with two levels of depth for people of differing height.

I think that any real bench press should be where you MUST remove the weight yourself without any help, lower it to your chest, pause and then without arching your back or raising your butt up high enough that you could drive a VW Camper under you and then press it back up and rack it.  And no bench shirts or rubber bands.  If you cannot do it by yourself, then you cannot do it by yourself.  There is NO shame in not being strong enough but there  is plenty of shame in cheating with such devices.

That is how I did the squat. No help at all.  I sucked at the bench but did them the same way.  This man is probably good for a strict bench done as I stated at 450 lbs. to 500 lbs.  He is strong enough.  He just needs to work on doing it the "old" way.  Strict from beginning to end without any help.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2021, 03:53:31 PM »

That is how I did the squat. No help at all.  I sucked at the bench but did them the same way.  This man is probably good for a strict bench done as I stated at 450 lbs. to 500 lbs.  He is strong enough.  He just needs to work on doing it the "old" way.  Strict from beginning to end without any help.

You could argue that the "slingshot" can be a useful device to overload certain portions of the movement. It only helps at the bottom part. So it's not necessarily cheating if there's a thought behind its use. But for sure many use it just because it allows you to "bench" more weight - it's fun.

I just saw a funny clip of some untrained fat fuck use a slingshot on smith incline bench and do a half inch press with it. Can't link it because it was on a private IG profile.

On squats weightlifters have trained themselves to be able to bail without a spotter. But that takes practise and for regular lifters often the weight goes over the neck if you miss.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2021, 04:04:06 PM »
You could argue that the "slingshot" can be a useful device to overload certain portions of the movement. It only helps at the bottom part. So it's not necessarily cheating if there's a thought behind its use. But for sure many use it just because it allows you to "bench" more weight - it's fun.

I just saw a funny clip of some untrained fat fuck use a slingshot on smith incline bench and do a half inch press with it. Can't link it because it was on a private IG profile.

On squats weightlifters have trained themselves to be able to bail without a spotter. But that takes practise and for regular lifters often the weight goes over the neck if you miss.

I have done "bottom position" bench presses with a near 3" bar for a one rep max with 300 lbs.  It was really hard and I have not been so inclined to try them again for well over a decade now.  It was how I trained after reading "Dinosaur Training" by Brooks Kubik.  It took a few years to get to that weight on that movement.  O U C H.   ;D

I think it is better to train as hard as you can within reason and not rely on tools like rubber suits.  The problem with those devices is sooner or later, you become the tool.  I know I would, LOL!

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2021, 07:34:35 PM »
Yeah I just don’t understand that crap, crazy strong but just take that think off.

Looks like a sling shot - just a bench press variation to overload the top part of the movement. Perhaps he finds it gives him good carryover to his raw bench

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2021, 02:29:38 AM »
Though a lot of times people don't use the safety equipment that is already there. For example, people squat in the powerrack and don't set the pins. So lazy. It's such an unnecessary risk. There are no extra points awarded for being stupid. He has 585 on so he risks literal death and for what? If he's only 23 he's probably never gotten seriously injured and thinks it won't happen to him. I bet there's a powerrack in your gym?

I've hurt myself seriously many times so I'm extra cautious and aware of the risks. I used to bench 500 at 21, 2 pec tears later benching heavy was over with. I wish I was more cautious. I'm not scared of heavy weight but there's also being plain stupid.

Actually, there is a power rack in that gym. They have three. I personally have never been able to use it. There is literally a line no shorter than six people waiting to use it but it's usually more. In fact, earlier this year I join a another gym which is about 18 miles away from me (this one is about 5 miles away) which I go to once a week just so I can use a power rack for dead-lifts (not traditional deads but the one where both you palms are facing you).

Isaac works two jobs and has a couple of kids that he has to support. He doesn't have time to stand in line and twiddle his thumbs waiting for some ass clown with a cell phone to move along.

I'm not sure how many people have killed themselves benching heavy but I'd venture to guess that far more people have killed themselves just driving to the gym.

Here's a pic of a typical day. This is on a Thursday at around 1:30 PM. Right in the middle of the day and I still couldn't get everyone waiting into the picture. When it gets to about 4:30 PM until closing it's a complete mad house.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2021, 06:38:24 AM »
That's nuts.^

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2021, 06:48:36 AM »

Hey Van didn't realize you had 2 pec tears. I say I tore my pec in March but it was actually the same one I tore 3 years ago and 15 years ago so 3rd tear same side. Still all muscular not tendon so no repairs but want to make sure I don't have a 4th hence I do higher reps now and take it easy. Is there any changes to your training you made?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2021, 06:51:08 AM »
Actually, there is a power rack in that gym. They have three. I personally have never been able to use it. There is literally a line no shorter than six people waiting to use it but it's usually more. In fact, earlier this year I join a another gym which is about 18 miles away from me (this one is about 5 miles away) which I go to once a week just so I can use a power rack for dead-lifts (not traditional deads but the one where both you palms are facing you).

Isaac works two jobs and has a couple of kids that he has to support. He doesn't have time to stand in line and twiddle his thumbs waiting for some ass clown with a cell phone to move along.

I'm not sure how many people have killed themselves benching heavy but I'd venture to guess that far more people have killed themselves just driving to the gym.

Here's a pic of a typical day. This is on a Thursday at around 1:30 PM. Right in the middle of the day and I still couldn't get everyone waiting into the picture. When it gets to about 4:30 PM until closing it's a complete mad house.

That looks horrific so glad I have a home gym yeah I don't have as much equipment but it is all mine no line

No wonder you are so skinny probably starving waiting in line all day. Shit I walk to my kitchen and eat between sets.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2021, 12:19:59 PM »
Hey Van didn't realize you had 2 pec tears. I say I tore my pec in March but it was actually the same one I tore 3 years ago and 15 years ago so 3rd tear same side. Still all muscular not tendon so no repairs but want to make sure I don't have a 4th hence I do higher reps now and take it easy. Is there any changes to your training you made?

This was over 20 years ago lol. I'm your age. First one was muscular and looked about the same as yours. The second one was horrific and really disfiguring. It ended my competitive aspirations almost before I started. I absolutely loved benching heavy so after the tears it was no fun anymore, I got up to a bit over 350 and then it felt like I might tear a tricep due to the crooked execution. Then I just lifted heavy on other movements like deadlifts. Hardly train pecs at all because the muscle belly isn't there on one side and only half a belly on the other  :'(

Now that I'm thinking on it, I should get back to some type of benching. Perhaps reverse grip. I used to do 20 reps with 225 on those even despite the injuries and know I could increase further easily. Good front delt and tricep movement. Could be fun.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2021, 03:03:02 AM »
That looks horrific so glad I have a home gym yeah I don't have as much equipment but it is all mine no line

No wonder you are so skinny probably starving waiting in line all day. Shit I walk to my kitchen and eat between sets.

You really have no idea how much of a moron you are. Just like whey you so confidently said, "That's not Lee!" When I pointed out he was the only White guy in the line up. You think every bodybuilder named Lee is Lee Priest not considering the far more successful bodybuilder Lee Labrada.

So read my post again, you ghoulish, balding, decomposing, grandpa. I said that joined another gym that I go to when I do Romanian Dead Lifts, one the few movements I consider essential. I would never stand in line like a zombie waiting for equipment.

You shit blood. You're dying inside. I'm not like the others who insist you should see a doctor as this is a very bad sign. I want to encourage you to do exactly what you are doing. Just one less moron in the world.

Hahaha! You really have zero self-awareness.