Author Topic: PBW: CHAD NICHOLLS - SHAWN RAY - PHIL HEATH (Replay is Ready)  (Read 15666 times)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Chad N said on PBW: "RONNIE TO RETIRE IF HE WINS THE OLYMPIA"
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »
Number nine will be hard to come by if you realize how tore up his body is. Ten will be almost impossible.
And besides, he's got to win #9 before number 10! :P

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 10:29:16 AM »
Ronnie really should just retire after this year, no matter the outcome.
Why?  Because if he wins, he'll be #1 in all-time wins and have nothing more to gain. He lost his response to lifting last year, and most likely his body won't have the same reaction- look at his "half a back" and "lack of triceps" last year.
If he finishes anywhere besides 1st, he'll have more and more trouble coming back-especially given the points above in regards to his body failing him.
Really, this is should be his last year no matter the outcome. I'd like to see Ronnie comeback, in his 99 form or even '05 shape. But if you look at the history of BBer's, once most people lose that response, it's gone.

Response to lifting? WTF is that and how did he lose it?

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007, 10:45:18 AM »
Ronnie really should just retire after this year, no matter the outcome.
Why?  Because if he wins, he'll be #1 in all-time wins and have nothing more to gain. He lost his response to lifting last year, and most likely his body won't have the same reaction- look at his "half a back" and "lack of triceps" last year.
If he finishes anywhere besides 1st, he'll have more and more trouble coming back-especially given the points above in regards to his body failing him.
Really, this is should be his last year no matter the outcome. I'd like to see Ronnie comeback, in his 99 form or even '05 shape. But if you look at the history of BBer's, once most people lose that response, it's gone.

Nothing to gain?  How about renewing his huge BSN contract?  And how about prize money?
First place: $155,000. Second: $90,000. Third: 60,000. Fourth: $48,000. Fifth: $38,000. Sixth: $30,000. Seventh: $18,000. Eighth: $17,000. Ninth: $16,000. Tenth: $14,000. Eleventh and lower: $4,000 each.
Not to mention all the money from guest posings and seminars, traveling the world, banging fitness chicks everywhere, etc....   He's not going to just walk away from that.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2007, 10:50:26 AM »

ronnie said that he takes randy couture's victory over gonzaga as a sign of things to come.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007, 11:00:54 AM »
Response to lifting? WTF is that and how did he lose it?

Note how he looks drastically different from previous years? Half a back, a torn triceps, not as detailed as in years past (crispness, conditioning etc), not as freaky in size.
Perhaps I should have been a bit more detailed in my description. ::) Didn't realize that I had to spell out everything.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2007, 11:03:39 AM »
Nothing to gain?  How about renewing his huge BSN contract?  And how about prize money?
First place: $155,000. Second: $90,000. Third: 60,000. Fourth: $48,000. Fifth: $38,000. Sixth: $30,000. Seventh: $18,000. Eighth: $17,000. Ninth: $16,000. Tenth: $14,000. Eleventh and lower: $4,000 each.
Not to mention all the money from guest posings and seminars, traveling the world, banging fitness chicks everywhere, etc....   He's not going to just walk away from that.

Ah, I give up. Some of you people need flashcards that tell you every detail or minuscule point. :-X

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 11:11:31 AM »
Note how he looks drastically different from previous years? Half a back, a torn triceps, not as detailed as in years past (crispness, conditioning etc), not as freaky in size.
Perhaps I should have been a bit more detailed in my description. ::) Didn't realize that I had to spell out everything.

Ah so if he looks better this year he has found his response back then?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2007, 11:14:04 AM »
way to demonstrate lower social value, now your locked out IOD
L

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2007, 11:58:25 AM »
Thats what i wonder too... If he cant win, he will continue to do it forever?

If he does not win I think the best way for him to leave on top would be for him to peak for the spring shows and totally clean house by winning everything from the San Francisco Pro to the Arnold.  I'm pretty confident he could do that and winning the Arnold would be easier to predict after seeing if he beats Victor in Vegas which I think he will.  What other way could he leave on top?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2007, 01:41:29 PM »
yep and Ronnie has said on countless occasions that he will Bodybuild even if he doesn't wint he O...so I call BS ::)

Why BS?  Lot's of bodybuilders retire from competition yet still bodybuild for various reasons.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2007, 02:01:00 PM »
Ah so if he looks better this year he has found his response back then?

If you look at the history of BBer's, once most people lose that response, it's gone.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
Re: Chad nicholls live from missouri
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2007, 10:38:08 PM »
Chad is great at getting guys to pump themselves up with extremely unhealthy amounts of drugs.
obviously you never shelled out the cash to work with chad, the compounds and amounts he advises are 10% of what people think

west coast willie

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2007, 07:14:57 AM »
Ronnie aint retiring. The big fella is havin fun. And he's gettin PAID. 

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2007, 07:26:29 AM »
Naked4Jesus makes some good points, why should he retire if hes making good money.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2007, 07:54:02 AM »
Ronnie won't win this year's Olympia - he's getting too old and too injured. Jay is on a good three or four year roll with this one. Having said that - Ronnie will still continue in some capacity - like others have said - there's money to be made.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2007, 08:20:54 AM »
Ronnie will retire if he wins. His sister on mayhem confirmed that he will retire soon
Apparently he hasn't decided what to do if he loses... (it won't happen don't worry)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2007, 08:23:21 AM »
Ronnie will retire if he wins. His sister on mayhem confirmed that he will retire soon
Apparently he hasn't decided what to do if he loses... (it won't happen don't worry)

ehhhhhh I hear what she's saying.

But...

I see Ronnie, if he wins, going for ten.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2007, 10:51:39 AM »
Jay will retire after his 4th sandow probally then wolf will take the throne at about 280lbs by then!

I see ronnie slightly worse then last yr do to the natural downfall that age dictates and jay slightly better!
nothing major from either camp!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Re: Chad nicholls live from missouri
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2007, 10:59:56 PM »
Chad has the magic mercury koolaid.  allegedly ;)

Excellent use of a "Rome-ism"!
BigNationRadio.com

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
Re: PBW: CHAD NICHOLLS - SHAWN RAY - PHIL HEATH (Replay is Ready)
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2007, 07:55:36 AM »
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/radioarchive.htm

thats the link for those that dont have time reading and clicking

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2007, 03:13:07 AM »
Ronnie won't retire until he shits out a kidney.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2007, 10:03:58 AM »
New Mr.Olympia 2007
Ronnie outside the top 6
Jay Cutler -3rd

When Ronnie lost, it freed the IFBB. The best bodybuilder will win!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 07:24:52 AM »
New Mr.Olympia 2007
Ronnie outside the top 6
Jay Cutler -3rd

When Ronnie lost, it freed the IFBB. The best bodybuilder will win!

Every top bodybuilder has flaws.  Ronnie's tri/lat.  Jay's imbalance.  Vic's quads and waist.  Freeman's pec. 

However, Ronnie is one of the only guys at 270 pounds.  He'll be more shredded than anyone up there.  He'll have the best arms onstage.  He's a legit shot to win #1. 

Outside the top 6? LOL... Can you please name the six bodybuilders who are more complete, with less flaws, and better physiques than Ronnie?

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2007, 07:47:46 PM »
PBW:  The Roundtable Returns! - Listen Now "On-Demand"

One Month Until the "O" - Phil Heath, Shawn Ray & Chad Nicholls Face Off on PBW

With just one month until the start of Olympia Weekend, PBW presents "Episode 1" of a Four Part Olympia Preview Series. 
Monday's broadcast will feature a "roundtable" discussion and analysis from an expert panel that includes:

Phil Heath:  Following his surprise decision to remove his name from the lineup, Heath will provide his personal analysis of the contest.

Shawn Ray: 2007 Hall of Fame inductee and 12 time Olympia Finalist.

Chad Nicholls:  Bodybuilding's most well-known advisor will provide insight on the big re-match along with his dark horse predictions.

Don`t exaggerate

Presented by Team MuscleTech, PBW broadcasts LIVE on Monday (8pm ET) for a worldwide audience.

Replay Now Available at www.BodybuildingRadio.com

Reg Park Replay:  Last week's visit with the legendary Reg Park now ranks as one of PBW's "Most Replayed Shows".  A special thanks to Reg and his family for the rare interview.  To send Reg your own personal message in Johannesburg, South Africa - visit www.RegPark.net

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine. 
Additional Sponsors: NxLabs, Max Muscle, Biogenetix, 2007 Olympia Weekend, The Vein Centre, and MuscleTime.com