Author Topic: PBW's Season Opener: NASSER, BOYER & HEATH (Replay Now)  (Read 55231 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW's Season Opener: NASSER, BOYER & HEATH (Replay Now)
« on: January 15, 2008, 12:44:15 PM »
PBW's 2008 Season Premiere - Listen "On-Demand"

(Now available for replay. Show is also playing now on all "PBW Global Network" Affiliate Sites)

Season #4 opens with Nasser El Sonbaty & Boyer Coe - Plus: "Pep Talk" with Phil Heath  

"Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" begins its 4th season with an expanded 90 minute format.  Special guests include the outspoken Nasser El Sonbaty, along with legendary Hall of Famer Boyer Coe, a former Mr. America, Mr. Universe and 1979 Mr. Olympia runner-up.  PBW's 2008 Season Premiere also includes the first edition of "Pep Talk" - a new 30-minute weekly segment with bodybuilding insider Larry Pepe (featuring special guest Phil Heath). 

The PBW Global Broadcast Network is now available on more than 30 of the world's most popular bodybuilding & fitness websites!

The Voice of Professional Bodybuilding is LIVE on Mondays at 8pm ET. Replay available at www.BodybuildingRadio.com

IFBB Schedule Update:  "The Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships" (The southeast region's only IFBB Mens Pro Event - August 9, 2008)

Presented by Muscletech - PBW is brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and by Flex Magazine.
Sponsored by Max Muscle, MuscleTime.com, Bodywell Nutrition, The Vein Centre, The Muscle Asylum Project and the 2008 Arnold Sports Festival

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Notice how Huge Nasser dwarfs Boyer Coe and Phil Heath in the promotion pictures!

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
Notice how Huge Nasser dwarfs Boyer Coe and Phil Heath in the promotion pictures!

I was thinking the same thing.  NASSER WAS A FREAK IN HIS DAY!  How old is Boyer Coe?  I remember him from the Masters shows in the early 90's.
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Ask Nasser why the sudden emergene, and to what he attributes his strong support on the boards.

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
I was thinking the same thing.  NASSER WAS A FREAK IN HIS DAY!  How old is Boyer Coe?  I remember him from the Masters shows in the early 90's.

I believe Boyer is @62 years old..... :-X

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
I believe Boyer is @62 years old..... :-X
For the GREAT ONE has spoken!
?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
i can tell you right now that nasser need more airtime than that. putting him with boyer coe and then giving heath 30 minutes with the usual bullshit before the show starts and the commercial breaks and music one hour is not long enough!

you get someone on the show, dont disrespect them by having them share the airtime with a bunch of others.
Z

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Sounds like it will be an interesting show. Imagine if Milos dropped by :o
No doubt about it...

bigbobs

• Getbig V
i can tell you right now that nasser need more airtime than that. putting him with boyer coe and then giving heath 30 minutes with the usual bullshit before the show starts and the commercial breaks and music one hour is not long enough!

you get someone on the show, dont disrespect them by having them share the airtime with a bunch of others.

They should divide up the show and allocate the time based on the proportional size of each athlete - in which case Nasser would get 90% of the time, and 5% to each of Boyer and Heath.

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
Ok, finally! After 9 weeks since we've had a NEW episode, I really hope it's worth the wait.  :o

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
Re: PBW's Season Opener: NASSER EL SONBATY, BOYER COE & PHIL HEATH (Monday)
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 10:40:38 AM »
Ok, finally! After 9 weeks since we've had a NEW episode, I really hope it's worth the wait.  :o

They gave Larry Pepe his own part of the show. Should be good.  But most importantly, NASSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 06:24:33 PM »
Nasser?  ::)

Getbig is unquestionably the tail that wags the IFBB dog.  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 09:21:05 AM »
Question for Phil Heath- Did you send Victor a "Get Well Soon" card? :)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 02:21:39 PM »
Question for Nasser....

Were you or were you not asked to leave Worlds PB (Formerly Golds at the time it took place) By Rick S. because how you were intimidating the patrons to get off the equipment you wanted to use?

Also....

Why do you only travel & go places with an entourage?  Dude....you're not that famous.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »
Question for Nasser....

Were you or were you not asked to leave Worlds PB (Formerly Golds at the time it took place) By Rick S. because how you were intimidating the patrons to get off the equipment you wanted to use?

Also....

Why do you only travel & go places with an entourage?  Dude....you're not that famous.

Your first question has already been answered here:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=184177.msg2644880#msg2644880

And as for your second question - If Nasser was not famous he would not be on the opening radio session of the year nor would you be planning on listening to it :)

Actually I'll just paste it here to make it easier - if you were so dumb to think he got kicked out of Gold's you probably are not smart enough to know how to follow the link:

Nasser was NEVER kicked out of Gold's Gym San Diego.  The rumour started in 1997 (TEN YEARS AGO!) when Nasser choked a drug dealer by the name Jeff at the gym in public!  Nasser has the tendency to clear things up and take trash out.  This dealer was a former business partner of Milos.  Milos can be contacted to confirm the identify of that individual, as he also had a falling out with him about money.  This Jeff dude was a pretty big guy and weighed about 290 lbs yet still was no match for Huge Nasser. 

For about 6 months nonstop this Jeff guy would stare not only at Nasser but his Black training partner at the time Ricky.  Each time Nasser would finish a set Jeff was staring at him, and once he even intentionally bumped into Nasser but Nasser patiently held back and didn't do anything.   Next time the guy threw toilet paper in Nasser's face and said "he was just playing."  Once again when Nasser walked by Jeff the guy SCREAMED loud that it actually startled Nasser.  When Nasser asked if he directed that at him he goes, "No, not this time, but I will tell you next time if that's the case."  Obviously Nasser didnt like that answer, so he just grabbed the guy at this throat with a FIRM grip so Jeff thought he was dying!  Nasser then released the grip, turned away, walked two steps, turned around again and grabbed the guy by the throat once again just with his left hand and was stern with him, basically saying that he's had enough of his provocations and warned him to stop. 

Nasser actually did Jeff a favour here because Nasser's training partner Ricky was saying he would have done much worse to Jeff if this continued.  Everyone there knows Ricky is for real and is not someone to mess with...he's about 270 lbs, Black, shaved head but with a long pony tail from the top, and has at least 40 tattoos on his body.

This story can be corroborated by Brad, the co-owner of that gym, who witnessed the incident.  Brad used to be a submariner, and on occasion drinks beer with Nasser.  The other owner of the gym, "Rick" used to be a national competitor and was with the military in Korea before...and is also a good friend of Nasser's.  To this day and always Nasser can go and train at that gym whenever he wants and he does not have to pay any membership or drop-in fees.

About 7 years ago this gym was renamed "World Gym" at Pacific Beach.  It's a pretty hardcore gym with all kinds of guys working out there, including some pretty dangerous people like Ricky. 

So "Dearth" you obviously have been talking out of your ass about your accusation of Nasser being kicked out of Gold's in San Diego.  Jeff was the guy who made this story up about Nasser being kicked out.  Nasser moved in the summer of 1998 and did not go to that gym for a few years, which helped Jeff's false rumour.  Also, this Jeff guy apologized to Nasser and shook his hand in March 2005.  Dearth, YOU should also take Jeff's lead and apologize to Nasser.

Since Nasser is known to post phone numbers to corroborate the truth of his stories, I'm going to follow his footsteps too, so any pumpkinheads who dont believe the above can feel free to call Worlds Gym at 858-272-3400 to confirm it.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 05:18:46 PM »
Your first question has already been answered here:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=184177.msg2644880#msg2644880

That is what you heard about it, are you saying that everything we hear on here we should take as absolute truth or just everything you say?
E

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 05:19:35 PM »
That is what you heard about it, are you saying that everything we hear on here we should take as absolute truth or just everything you say?

There's a phone number and name of the owners in my post if you have any doubts

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 05:20:40 PM »

Then it would be their version. Why shouldn't we hear Nassers version?
E

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 05:22:22 PM »
Then it would be their version. Why shouldn't we hear Nassers version?

Wouldnt it be dumb to ask Nasser if he got kicked out of Gold's when the owners themselves would say NO over the phone on the number provided?

Unless you think the owners are conspiring to lie that Nasser was not kicked out when in fact he wasnt  ::)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 05:23:46 PM »
Wouldnt it be dumb to ask Nasser if he got kicked out of Gold's when the owners themselves would say NO over the phone on the number provided?

Wouldn't it be even more dumb to call the owner of a gym and disrupt him while he is working because you read a story on a messageboard?
E

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 05:24:59 PM »
Wouldn't it be even more dumb to call the owner of a gym and disrupt him while he is working because you read a story on a messageboard?

Probably not as dumb as one would feel calling in and asking that question only to get the exact same answer I already posted above

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 05:28:32 PM »
Probably not as dumb as one would feel calling in and asking that question only to get the exact same answer I already posted above

Well, if Nasser corroborates your story and black Ricky corroborates his story and Jeff corroborates Black Rickys story, then I think asking the question on the radio would be a little redundant. Can you get the three of them posting here by this weekend? ;D
E

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »

And as for your second question - If Nasser was not famous he would not be on the opening radio session of the year nor would you be planning on listening to it :)

I did some research, and here are the findings:

Nasser was NEVER kicked out of Gold's Gym San Diego.  The rumour started in 1997 (TEN YEARS AGO!) when Nasser choked a drug dealer by the name Jeff at the gym in public!  Nasser has the tendency to clear things up and take trash out.  This dealer was a former business partner of Milos.  Milos can be contacted to confirm the identify of that individual, as he also had a falling out with him about money.  This Jeff dude was a pretty big guy and weighed about 290 lbs yet still was no match for Huge Nasser. 

For about 6 months nonstop this Jeff guy would stare not only at Nasser but his Black training partner at the time Ricky.  Each time Nasser would finish a set Jeff was staring at him, and once he even intentionally bumped into Nasser but Nasser patiently held back and didn't do anything.   Next time the guy threw toilet paper in Nasser's face and said "he was just playing."  Once again when Nasser walked by Jeff the guy SCREAMED loud that it actually startled Nasser.  When Nasser asked if he directed that at him he goes, "No, not this time, but I will tell you next time if that's the case."  Obviously Nasser didnt like that answer, so he just grabbed the guy at this throat with a FIRM grip so Jeff thought he was dying!  Nasser then released the grip, turned away, walked two steps, turned around again and grabbed the guy by the throat once again just with his left hand and was stern with him, basically saying that he's had enough of his provocations and warned him to stop. 

Nasser actually did Jeff a favour here because Nasser's training partner Ricky was saying he would have done much worse to Jeff if this continued.  Everyone there knows Ricky is for real and is not someone to mess with...he's about 270 lbs, Black, shaved head but with a long pony tail from the top, and has at least 40 tattoos on his body.

This story can be corroborated by Brad, the co-owner of that gym, who witnessed the incident.  Brad used to be a submariner, and on occasion drinks beer with Nasser.  The other owner of the gym, "Rick" used to be a national competitor and was with the military in Korea before...and is also a good friend of Nasser's.  To this day and always Nasser can go and train at that gym whenever he wants and he does not have to pay any membership or drop-in fees.

About 7 years ago this gym was renamed "World Gym" at Pacific Beach.  It's a pretty hardcore gym with all kinds of guys working out there, including some pretty dangerous people like Ricky. 

So "Dearth" you obviously have been talking out of your ass about your accusation of Nasser being kicked out of Gold's in San Diego.  Jeff was the guy who made this story up about Nasser being kicked out.  Nasser moved in the summer of 1998 and did not go to that gym for a few years, which helped Jeff's false rumour.  Also, this Jeff guy apologized to Nasser and shook his hand in March 2005.  Dearth, YOU should also take Jeff's lead and apologize to Nasser.

Since Nasser is known to post phone numbers to corroborate the truth of his stories, I'm going to follow his footsteps too, so any pumpkinheads who dont believe the above can feel free to call Worlds Gym at 858-272-3400 to confirm it.   ;D

I was there between 1996 - 2000......were you?

So you're story (although cute) is not correct.

Rick has a hot head....& gave 2 shits about kicking Nass out of the gym.  He was walking around threatening people.  Rick got fed up with the shit.  Most people know this...that Rick has a "Ranger" tat....everybody just assumes he was in the Army & went through Ranger School.  Rick in fact was in the Air Force.  It's funny how that shit gets around.  Rick will tell the truth...most people assume....like you.

I know Rick was there(obviously)....Sal too....don't recall if Brad was.  I'm sure he was since he was always there at that time.  I am SURE...these guys would like to have Nass back around.  But hell, back during the late 90's...there wasn't many big names in that gym.  Most of the guys started to leave to SB.  Some of them were burned bad in Rick's 'partnership' deal.  Don't believe me....hunt down JQ.  As in Brad being Co-Partners....I seriously doubt it.  From my understanding....Rick OWNS the building.  Anyone he has in on it...are silent partners if that or hold a small percent.

So it appears you are WRONG dipshit.  If it wasn't "truth"...then why didn't Nass come back till years later?  Shit...Nass still trains mostly at the 24 in PL.

&

If I wanted to....I could get his cell phone number.   ;D  He gave it to a friend of mine that Nass wanted to sell drugs through shortly after he retired from BB.  He wanted other things....but thats neither here nor there.

I'm like one of those guys people do not know by name...but by face.  I lay low...quiet enough....but everyone likes to tell me their shit.

I'll give you a little hint so I can validate myself.....One of Nass's old training partners used to be with Melissa Coates.  Now thats enough to not get me "found"...but enough that I know what the hell I'm talking about.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 06:01:41 PM »

Rick would be the only guy that I would ask.

If you want....I may have his home phone #.

Only thing...Rick will be pissed getting phone calls on this shit (FYI)...he may just hang up

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 12:58:43 AM »

I was there between 1996 - 2000......were you?

So you're story (although cute) is not correct.

Rick has a hot head....& gave 2 shits about kicking Nass out of the gym.  He was walking around threatening people.  Rick got fed up with the shit.  Most people know this...that Rick has a "Ranger" tat....everybody just assumes he was in the Army & went through Ranger School.  Rick in fact was in the Air Force.  It's funny how that shit gets around.  Rick will tell the truth...most people assume....like you.

I know Rick was there(obviously)....Sal too....don't recall if Brad was.  I'm sure he was since he was always there at that time.  I am SURE...these guys would like to have Nass back around.  But hell, back during the late 90's...there wasn't many big names in that gym.  Most of the guys started to leave to SB.  Some of them were burned bad in Rick's 'partnership' deal.  Don't believe me....hunt down JQ.  As in Brad being Co-Partners....I seriously doubt it.  From my understanding....Rick OWNS the building.  Anyone he has in on it...are silent partners if that or hold a small percent.

So it appears you are WRONG dipshit.  If it wasn't "truth"...then why didn't Nass come back till years later?  Shit...Nass still trains mostly at the 24 in PL.

&

If I wanted to....I could get his cell phone number.   ;D  He gave it to a friend of mine that Nass wanted to sell drugs through shortly after he retired from BB.  He wanted other things....but thats neither here nor there.

I'm like one of those guys people do not know by name...but by face.  I lay low...quiet enough....but everyone likes to tell me their shit.

I'll give you a little hint so I can validate myself.....One of Nass's old training partners used to be with Melissa Coates.  Now thats enough to not get me "found"...but enough that I know what the hell I'm talking about.

All your post really says is that you know about the ownership structure of the gym, and doesn't give any reason to doubt my post about Nasser not getting kicked out.  Your one question as to why Nasser did not train there for some years was already answered in my post - perhaps you didnt read it closely enough or you just have poor english comprehension skills.

You also showed that you dont know what you're talking about regarding Nasser "still training at 24 Fitness in Point Loma," as he last trained there in September 2006 - about a year and a half ago! 

Tell you guys what - I can actually call the same gym and ask for "Brad" or "Rick Stevenson" to reconfirm my story, and post here what they say.  There wouldn't be any point if I do that and post about it here while "knny187" and other doubters still don't believe me or just claim that I made it up.  But if you guys will believe what I say then I'll make the call.  What do you guys say?