Author Topic: PBW: KAMALI TALKS TITUS, COMEBACK, IMAGE - SINGERMAN TALKS MAGAZINE SHAKE-UP!  (Read 42680 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
bethany is one ugly bitch

she's brilliant tho, right?  multiple college degress, mensa?  smart girl.

MB

• Getbig IV
Kamali was right about the stupidity of making the men wait around 3 hrs Friday night before taking the stage.  Robin needs to rethink this format and not penalize the men because the women's divisions can't sell tickets.  Why is men's bodybuilding subsidizing women's events anyways?  It's not right to do it at the NPC level let alone the Olympia. 

Reeves

• Getbig IV
Kamali was right about the stupidity of making the men wait around 3 hrs Friday night before taking the stage.  Robin needs to rethink this format and not penalize the men because the women's divisions can't sell tickets.  Why is men's bodybuilding subsidizing women's events anyways?  It's not right to do it at the NPC level let alone the Olympia. 

Kinda like the NBA and WNBA, huh?  And I can't stand either of those sports, but it makes for a valid comparison.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft

No one has to wait around for any amount of time on Friday night, as the men's prejudging is AFTER the women's events...the guys ge there when they wish and have as much time as they need to prepare.

Stavios

No one has to wait around for any amount of time on Friday night, as the men's prejudging is AFTER the women's events...the guys ge there when they wish and have as much time as they need to prepare.

every guy, at every show complains about this

I am sure it's not different in the pros

plus, people in the crowd mostly don't give a shit about the women part too, but somehow they want to force it down our troat

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
every guy, at every show complains about this

I am sure it's not different in the pros

plus, people in the crowd mostly don't give a shit about the women part too, but somehow they want to force it down our troat

First, the comment was specifically about the Olympia...which again, no one needs to be there 3 hrs in advance, nor are they required to...same goes for the fans...If they dont want to sit through the women....COME LATER

Other Pro events are structured differently, depends on the promoter...but the same idea applies.  Its like fans complaining that they went to a heavyweight boxing match, and complain that they have to sit through the pre-lims....

NPC shows are also structured differently, and yes, often the men are last, as they are the main event, so to say....they also can use their discression as to when to come to the night show, and not have to be there for the entire night...besides that... at most shows there are booths, expos, food...get up....move around, talk to people.  I dont sit there all night either.

MB

• Getbig IV
The original point by Kamali is that the guys should know exactly when pre-judging begins.  Does it begin at 9, 9:30, 10?  Nobody knows, because it's whenever the women finish.  Maybe start the women at 5 and the men at 8 with scheduled show times for each. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The women finish.

LOL @ waiting around for a woman to finish.

that's when you're putting on your running shoes and preparing to exercise your exit strategy, gentlemen.

Stavios

First, the comment was specifically about the Olympia...which again, no one needs to be there 3 hrs in advance, nor are they required to...same goes for the fans...If they dont want to sit through the women....COME LATER

Other Pro events are structured differently, depends on the promoter...but the same idea applies.  Its like fans complaining that they went to a heavyweight boxing match, and complain that they have to sit through the pre-lims....

NPC shows are also structured differently, and yes, often the men are last, as they are the main event, so to say....they also can use their discression as to when to come to the night show, and not have to be there for the entire night...besides that... at most shows there are booths, expos, food...get up....move around, talk to people.  I dont sit there all night either.

Here in quebec, they start the show with the teen and masters, afterward they start all the boring women class, then about 2 hours later they start the men open

It's annoying. you arrive at the show, watch those two classes than you have to go out to eat or something and then you have to come back but you never know when it will start because they never respect the schedule

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
Re: PBW: "The Halloween Show" with KING KAMALI (Monday)
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 05:58:10 PM »
i thougth he was cool and professional at the O broadcast.  much quieter than expected.  i think he could do what bob does - emceeing shows, etc - and he's probably be as big a draw as bob, if not bigger.  Fans know him, love or hate him.

i felt he was too arrogant and the only thing he seemed to comment on were striated glutes. ??? who looks at that if you're not a schmoe?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Can't get behind a guy who poses like that who isn't of the darker persuasion. If Kamali comes back and poses like Bob Chick, he would gain a lot more respect IMO.

TPT

• Getbig II
  • I smoke spheroidal joints.
Good job, Singerman.

RIP Anabolic Society

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: King Kamali Interview. Back in Rare Form!
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 12:03:26 PM »
He is a very good guy. He gets so much shit for no reason. fuck the haters
I agree, AlphaMaleDwarf !

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
If Kamali never played the size game after 2001, he would still be competing and doing very well at 202(212)class...

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
Here in quebec, they start the show with the teen and masters, afterward they start all the boring women class, then about 2 hours later they start the men open

It's annoying. you arrive at the show, watch those two classes than you have to go out to eat or something and then you have to come back but you never know when it will start because they never respect the schedule

Yeah, it's bullshit, especially for the competitors.   At least fans in attendance can do as Chick says, just show up later.  But the competitors?...sheesh.  Brutal, and I didn't know it was done this way.  Hopefully something can change.

My observation is this:  since this same format of women, physique, all that stuff comes BEFORE the men...but guess what, after the girls are done, well over HALF the audience leaves, lol. 

The only ones left are the hardcore idiots like me who want to see how the guys finish.  The women are by FAR the bigger draw, at least on the amateur level.