Author Topic: PBW Makes National News for Canseco Comments  (Read 4495 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW Makes National News for Canseco Comments
« on: July 14, 2006, 07:43:32 AM »
It appears that Canseco's comments during Monday's episode of "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" made their way to national talk radio.  During a syndicated show on ESPN radio, the hosts mentioned Jose's comments on PBW.  They referred specifically to when Jose said "I have respect for my fellow ball players"  (Here's the wire services report about Canseco's appearance on PBW).

Author of “Juiced” proclaims his respect for fellow players during radio interview.

Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) July 12, 2006 -– During a radio interview, Jose Canseco proclaimed his respect for his fellow ball players. “My attack was never on these athletes. I respect the athletes greatly," said Canseco during a conversation on “Pro Bodybuilding Weekly,” talk radio for bodybuilding fans. The comment came when the show’s host, Dan Solomon questioned Canseco about his decision to identify players in his book by name. Canseco added, “I basically believe these players were threatened and their careers were on the line to where they had to testify against me.”     

Canseco, who recently made news by returning to baseball as a member of the San Diego Surf Dawgs, also commented on his strained relationship with Major League Baseball. “I wanted Major League Baseball to know that they could not try to destroy an individual’s life without an individual fighting back.”

At one point in the interview, Solomon asked Canseco if he wished his story had never been told. Canseco responded, “No, because I was definitely put between a rock and a hard place. I had no other way of really letting my fans know what happened to Jose Canseco, what happened to me, what Major League Baseball did to me, how deep Major League Baseball was involved in this steroid issue." Canseco continued, “I don’t regret anything. I know from the very beginning people thought I was crazy and the book was absolutely wrong, that it was a lie. But now, all these same individuals are saying the complete opposite.”

Currently working on a new book titled “Vindicated,” Canseco commented, “People were wondering how come no one sued Jose Canseco. It's very simple, because you can’t sue the truth.”

Direct Link to Wire Service Report: http://www.prweb.com/printer.php?prid=409929