Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Natural Bodybuilding

Ask Baby_Hercules Q&A thread!

<< < (3/22) > >>

AVBG:
Hey B.H, you're doing a good job with the thread!

Let me know something, you've trained some people over the years.. What type of cardio protocol do you recommend for a "slower metabolism"? HIT? or long/consistant? heart rate?

Baby_Hercules:

--- Quote from: AVBG on June 27, 2007, 05:45:36 PM ---Hey B.H, you're doing a good job with the thread!

Let me know something, you've trained some people over the years.. What type of cardio protocol do you recommend for a "slower metabolism"? HIT? or long/consistant? heart rate?

--- End quote ---
As long as they're progressing consistently I'll keep them doing 30-45 minutes at 75% THR. If they aren't progressing I'll mix it up to keep the body guessing. For example we'll go 65% THR for an hour one day and then 85% THR for 20 minutes the next. Never let the body get used to one type of cardio or one intensity level for too long.

Knives:

--- Quote from: Baby_Hercules on June 21, 2007, 04:22:27 PM ---As for my training split, this is what I've found to be most effective for me:
3 days on 1 day off
Example:
Mon:Quads & Calves
Tues:Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps
Wed:Hams & Calves
Thurs:Rest
Fri:Back, rear delts, Biceps
Sat:Light leg day(quads & calves)
Sun:Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Mon:Rest and repeat

--- End quote ---

Why do you only hit back and hams once and every thing else twice?

Baby_Hercules:
My back is ahead of everything else. I am trying to bring up my chest and quads. As for my hams they usually get hit indirectly on back day with deadlifts, and on quad day with lunges and squats.

fitt@40:
It's great to see that you have your own Q&A section.  I think you have a knowledge to offer.   Do you do cardio year-round?  If so, do you increase it once you start prepping for a contest? 

Interestingly, you and I are roughly the same size on paper.  Yet you appear considerably larger than me.   I'm kicking around the idea of doing the GA masters next year.  I've won every category (as a lightweight) in GA, except the masters.  It's going to be nice picking your brain for ideas. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version