Author Topic: The Y board lifting thread  (Read 2030390 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: The Y board lifting thread.
« Reply #6650 on: August 02, 2013, 05:04:22 PM »
Seated Shoulder Press

Side Lat

Rear Delts

Shrugs

Triceps

Biceps
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #6651 on: August 02, 2013, 06:22:17 PM »
*looks around*

is it safe for me to be in here? :D

Calvin said you guys have a decent workout thread going on in here. I've often wondered why one didn't exist actually. I mean why wouldn't it? as much as we bust balls and shit we all love to lift.

how detailed do you guys go when you post up your workouts? I've gone back a couple pages and will more later but just wanted to get my feet wet.

I'll post up what I did detailed w poundages if it's overkill I'll won't be so exacting next time.

I don't lift heavy anymore. heavy being a relative term. guess heavy is what you make of it. I prefer weight I can feel thru the entire range of motion on the muscle I'm training. if I can't feel it straining thru every inch of the rep it's too heavy for me.

today I did chest/ shoulders. I'm starting to develope bursitis in both sides now and am finding chest training w presses agonising thankfully I can do cables.  

FYI I move exercise to exercise w no rest.

one set flat bench 135/205/225 no rest between increases just enough to put the plates on. shoulder killing me had to stop.

one set dumbell presses 65/85/85 same as above and again shoulder issues cut me short

pec dec unknown weight 8 reps or so rest 5 seconds repeat 3-4 times

high cable fly unknown weight 12 reps or so arms at neck height at end of movement superset w traditional cable fly w cables at waist height end movement. did this back and forth I dunno 3-4 times. chest getting good and exhausted.

shoulder press dumbbell. 45's. 12 reps rest 5 sec repeat cycle 3-4 times go back to cable flyers hit those again then back to shoulder press etc did this rotation 3 times.

side laterals 20's 12 reps nice and slow agai. same as above (superset w the cables)

shoulder press again this time alternating (fuck I love these so killer) and followed the above cycle w the cables for chest and sets.

that's it. was fried after. dunno how many sets that is but its a shit ton and really fatigues you fast w/o time to rest. typically I'll do rear delts too but they are still fried from my back/trap session yesterday. did traps for the first time in months. love rear delts traps back together. great combo.

I did no front delt work today as the high cable fly w the finish at neck height aptly fries them. I don't do this every workout. just felt like it today.

as you can see I don't use a lot of weight just a lot of volume. I find good growth in chasing the pump. truthfully I had to end my workout today short as I couldn't take the pump anymore in my delts it was not comfortable at all. :D.

total workout time maybe 30min. 35 at most. but that's 35 minutes if constant motion. I'm fried when I leave. :)
cheers guys. think ill hammwr out back again tomorrow and legs.
b

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6652 on: August 02, 2013, 06:25:20 PM »
Welcome aboard! 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6653 on: August 02, 2013, 07:17:24 PM »
*looks around*

Calvin said you guys have a decent workout thread going on in here. I've often wondered why one didn't exist actually. I mean why wouldn't it? as much as we bust balls and shit we all love to lift.

how detailed do you guys go when you post up your workouts? I've gone back a couple pages and will more later but just wanted to get my feet wet.

I'll post up what I did detailed w poundages if it's overkill I'll won't be so exacting next time.

I don't lift heavy anymore. heavy being a relative term. guess heavy is what you make of it. I prefer weight I can feel thru the entire range of motion on the muscle I'm training. if I can't feel it straining thru every inch of the rep it's too heavy for me.

today I did chest/ shoulders. I'm starting to develope bursitis in both sides now and am finding chest training w presses agonising thankfully I can do cables.  

one set flat bench 135/205/225 no rest between increases just enough to put the plates on. shoulder killing me had to stop.

one set dumbell presses 65/85/85 same as above and again shoulder issues cut me short

high cable fly unknown weight 12 reps or so arms at neck height at end of movement superset w traditional cable fly w cables at waist height end movement. did this back and forth I dunno 3-4 times. chest getting good and exhausted.

shoulder press dumbbell. 45's. 12 reps rest 5 sec repeat cycle 3-4 times go back to cable flyers hit those again then back to shoulder press etc did this rotation 3 times.

side laterals 20's 12 reps nice and slow agai. same as above (superset w the cables)

shoulder press again this time alternating (fuck I love these so killer) and followed the above cycle w the cables for chest and sets.

that's it. was fried after. dunno how many sets that is but its a shit ton and really fatigues you fast w/o time to rest. typically I'll do rear delts too but they are still fried from my back/trap session yesterday. did traps for the first time in months. love rear delts traps back together. great combo.

I did no front delt work today as the high cable fly w the finish at neck height aptly fries them. I don't do this every workout. just felt like it today.

as you can see I don't use a lot of weight just a lot of volume. I find good growth in chasing the pump. truthfully I had to end my workout today short as I couldn't take the pump anymore in my delts it was not comfortable at all. :D.

total workout time maybe 30min. 35 at most. but that's 35 minutes if constant motion. I'm fried when I leave. :)
We been lifting here for years welcome on board. Just don't tell chaos.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #6654 on: August 02, 2013, 07:18:49 PM »
Front Squat
Leg curl
Military
Barbell Curl
C-curl
Close bench

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6655 on: August 02, 2013, 08:27:33 PM »
*looks around*

TL:DR:FY

:D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #6656 on: August 03, 2013, 12:37:40 AM »
*looks around*

welcome to the thread

ps i love slinging shit with you  :-*
T

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6657 on: August 03, 2013, 04:32:34 AM »
Rear Delts

You ever use a modified bent-over row for rear delt work?
I mean like using a wider grip, pulling the bar to a point higher up on the torso, etc.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6658 on: August 03, 2013, 05:59:13 AM »

You ever use a modified bent-over row for rear delt work?
I mean like using a wider grip, pulling the bar to a point higher up on the torso, etc.
I have, but I prefer using dbs. Used the pec deck thing yesterday.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #6659 on: August 03, 2013, 06:53:10 AM »
I have, but I prefer using dbs. Used the pec deck thing yesterday.

as machines go reverse pec deck for real delts is about the best way to work them

that and seated bent over dumbell raises
T

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6660 on: August 03, 2013, 07:01:57 AM »
as machines go reverse pec deck for real delts is about the best way to work them

I usually do the dbs standing with my head resting on the back of an incline bench.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6661 on: August 03, 2013, 07:06:39 AM »
I usually do the dbs standing with my head resting on the back of an incline bench.

Some lateral raise machines also allow this technique. I've tried and liked it because it places the stress/resistance exactly where you want it - much like a pull-over machine.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #6662 on: August 03, 2013, 12:00:04 PM »

ya dude killer. superset them with a standing reverse flye- use the same motion you would to target them as you were bent over but stand straight. you'll die from the pain from the pump. for some reason holding he dumbells standing upright like that really pulls nicely on the rear delt.

b

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6663 on: August 03, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »
Wed (free training session from gym)

Goblet squat X 10 (pretty useless if you squat regularly, IMO) superset  One leg stepdown off plyo box w dumbells (hard)

Planks  x 1M / Mountain climbers x 1M

DB Bench 3 x 10 superset DB rows 3 x10

Planks x 1M with ab crunch / Mountain climbers x 1M

Basic, but they can't do much in these things.  Female trainer was very cute, and very strong.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6664 on: August 03, 2013, 02:59:42 PM »
Box squat 5/5/3/3  superset Barbell Rows, full reset off floor at bottom  4 x 10

DB Bench 10/10/5 superset hammer curl x 12

MB push against wall superset side lateral
Y

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #6665 on: August 05, 2013, 08:01:22 AM »
well I SWORE I was not training today after bonking pretty bad yesterday after my workout.

so I'm going to go pound chest and arms. fml lol have a great day/ workout everyone. :)

edit: got to the gym. chest was still sore from a lot of the exercises that i had used two days prior, so i couldnt tain with anything that followed the same plane of motion.. however i found that i could hit the upper part of my chest doing pushups off a bench and got a pretty good workout in just doing that. tried to train arms but i just wasnt there.
b

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6666 on: August 05, 2013, 10:34:31 AM »
Brief workout due to just finding out I had two softball games tonight.

Weighted chins 3 x 8 superset hex bar DL   8/5/5/4

DB press 3 x 10 superset RDL 3 x 10

RC work
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6667 on: August 05, 2013, 11:41:02 AM »
Fri-straight bar curls
concentration curls
reverse grip curls
cable pulldowns
skull crushers
close grip bench
tri machine

abs
cardio

...worked out a different then my usual one...closer to NYC...every guy there was either in a sleeveless shirt or wife beater...funny in a pathetic way.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6668 on: August 05, 2013, 04:30:21 PM »
Legs
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6669 on: August 05, 2013, 06:34:29 PM »
Calvin said you guys have a decent workout thread going on in here.

Legs

Calvin lied.

Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6670 on: August 05, 2013, 06:54:57 PM »
Rushfit warmup for 10 min

3 sets of

5 rounds - 10 squats 10 burpees 5 pull ups 20 pushups 100 flutterkicks

30 minutes - Stairmaster on high intensity level

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #6671 on: August 05, 2013, 09:29:51 PM »
Fri-straight bar curls
concentration curls
reverse grip curls
cable pulldowns
skull crushers
close grip bench
tri machine

abs
cardio

...worked out a different then my usual one...closer to NYC...every guy there was either in a sleeveless shirt or wife beater...funny in a pathetic way.
Was Gene in sight anywhere?

Front Squat
SL Deads
Military
DB Laterals
Barbell Curls
Pressdowns

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6672 on: August 06, 2013, 06:30:56 AM »
Flat bench
Incline bench
flys
chest machine

db curls

abs

cardio

...can see a diffrence in weight loss now that I've stepped up the cardio.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6673 on: August 06, 2013, 04:12:45 PM »
Chest
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #6674 on: August 07, 2013, 04:10:13 AM »
Chest