Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Natural Bodybuilding

For nattys 30 years and older...

(1/16) > >>

coltrane:
I'm now 31 and been bodybuilding naturally for roughly 16 years straight.

I haven't yet felt it, but when do you start feeling your strength diminish due to age and lowering of test levels?

Just curious to hear from those with first hand experience.

The ChemistV2:

--- Quote from: coltrane on July 07, 2009, 12:11:09 PM ---I'm now 31 and been bodybuilding naturally for roughly 16 years straight.

I haven't yet felt it, but when do you start feeling your strength diminish due to age and lowering of test levels?

Just curious to hear from those with first hand experience.

--- End quote ---
i'm 46..did juice a couple of times in the 80's..but haven't since then. Feel like my strength is still holding up..finding it hard to get lean though..even with a strict diet and two 45 minute cardio sessions a day.. Years ago, I would have been shredded with my current regime. Not fat..weigh about 200 at 5'9" and can see a bit of abs..but not real defined. I probably will get my testosterone levels tested in the next month or so to see where I'm at. If they're really low, I might consider Hormone replacement.

Beefjake:
I'm 33 and I still occasionally do personal bests in the gym.

With three kids I Find it hard to go to gym more than 3x week. Usually I go like 2x week.

I'll rotate few basic exercises, with no particular order tough.

So I think that with enough recovery 35 is no prob. 45 might be.

Krankenstein:

--- Quote from: The ChemistV2 on July 07, 2009, 12:23:32 PM ---i'm 46..did juice a couple of times in the 80's..but haven't since then. Feel like my strength is still holding up..finding it hard to get lean though..even with a strict diet and two 45 minute cardio sessions a day.. Years ago, I would have been shredded with my current regime. Not fat..weigh about 200 at 5'9" and can see a bit of abs..but not real defined. I probably will get my testosterone levels tested in the next month or so to see where I'm at. If they're really low, I might consider Hormone replacement.

--- End quote ---

Same here.  Its a mind fuck when you get under some of the weight that was part of your warm-ups 10 - 15 years previous and its now your work set.  I would say I am 10 - 20% weaker now than I was back then.  Being 40....the thought has entered my mind to get the test levels checked.  If I go that route, then I will have consider if it truly is fair for me to compete in the WNBF anymore.  Tough decision. 

I am sure I am not alone in that the 'warm up' before getting into the meat and potato portion of the workout seems to take longer now than when you are younger.  I still train with 100% intensity....but do wish I would have backed off every now and then as the years went along.

coltrane:
great posts by some older iron warriors.. 

thanks guys!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version